Weird question

tome

Has anyone else noticed that as you lose weight it almost seems like there comes a point where people judge you very much more harshly. Perfect strangers are now prone to coming up to me on the street and giving me moronic advice or even hurling abuse at me.

When I started weight loss barely anyone commented on my weight. Now I've lost quite a lot of weight it somehow seems like I've changed into a new category of "people that could be normal if they tried harder." But it is still going to take at least a year before I get my weight into order.

It's just strange.

It happened to me many times. A long time ago, I had lost 120 pounds and was at my lowest adult weight, thin and feeling so good. I was in a night club and a man came up to me and said, you'd be a fox if would lost 10 pounds. I was devastated. He had no idea that I had lost all the weight I possibly could! That's just it, people think that they can comment on a person's body or weight without thinking how it may affect that person. I had family members harass me about my weight when I was at my heaviest, now that I have slimmed, they don't say a word, not a single comment or compliment.

I was at the doctors a couple of weeks back and the doctor made a remark on my weight, I said I am doing Slimming World and I had lost over 2 1/2 stone at the time and he looked at me as if as to say ''try harder you fat cow'' I felt like going home and eating a cream cake. People don't understand how devastating a comment like that can be, it makes you feel like you haven't done enough.

I was at the doctors a couple of weeks back and the doctor made a remark on my weight, I said I am doing Slimming World and I had lost over 2 1/2 stone at the time and he looked at me as if as to say ''try harder you fat cow'' I felt like going home and eating a cream cake. People don't understand how devastating a comment like that can be, it makes you feel like you haven't done enough.

Yeah doctors in particular can be real ****ers about this kind of thing - if you have a health problem its obviously down to weight - if you're not losing, or struggling... its your own damn stupidity because you can't work out the "basic" formula of calories in - calories spent.... Grrrrrr. :( a trip to the doctor RARELY makes me feel better, I often come home feeling silly and a lot worse off than I was before I went

Back