Welcome to all the newbies

thank you! I just want to get started now - hope my pack comes tomorrow! I've calculated that I have around 14 weeks to my christmas night out.....I think if I keep my head down....( and do my Claire from steps fitness dvd everyday) I might be able to make a fair go of it !!
Will let you all know what I think of the packs. Not sure how I will get on with the soups, think I might prefer the bars and the shakes from reading the descriptions.
heidi x

@ Heidi- my bumper pack arrived within 2 days so I'm sure yours won't be long now- good luck! From what I hear the first 3-5 days are the hardest, gawd help me then because I'm sat here with the old belly rumbling away- let's hope after the first week there's less of it to rumble... I'm off for another glass of water- oh joy :)

waiting for pack...

Hi !
So, I only ordered yesterday am, but looking out the window in the hope it magics it's way to me today...however, as I live in the far north of Scotland, I don't think it will happen today!
Using up my atkins bars till my exante pack arrives - one for breakfast, lunch....not sure what to have. I have some slimfast kicking about (can I use that meantime or is it too high in carbs to put me into ketosis? Also aware it isn't a meal replacement, but it's only for a couple of days. Dinner - hmm not sure. Don't want to over do the bars, as they have their own side effects:p
I have a wedding coming up in 4 weeks, a holiday in 6 weeks, multiple works doos at christmas and a work related trip in January where I want to be a bit more confident about myself. For me, I am always a bit more sure about myself when I am around 9st 12 - 10st and size 10/12. Currently 12st 12lb and size 16.... At the beginning of the year I was a 12, but didn't 'get' the you need to maintain your weight bit and before I knew it, was a 16. Now struggling to fit into my uniform at work. Awful, isn't it! Especially when you work with lovely slim people that appear to be able to eat anything!!
Still looking out the window:p
heidix

packs

Hi Lucy
Thanks for reply. What made you choose exante? Have you a goal/event coming up that has made you decide to do it now? Whatever it is, good for you - just think a couple of months down the line how fab you will look! I think the first days will be hard, especially when my family are eating normally and workmates are bringing in homemade cakes, bakes etc. Just need to say no and wait for the ketosis thing to dampen my appetite!
You are right - will drink lots of water. Will try to avoid diet coke as it does bloat me a bit.
cheers
heidi x

Been on Exante for 5 days and it's not half as bad as i feared for a VLCD. This is my first and hopefully last VLCD so probably be here for sometime. See you all around :)

new to exante

Good for you!
Nice to hear that you are not finding it too difficult - I just want to get started! Are the soups ok?

lol Heidi- any vans on the horizon winging its way to you with all the lovely Exante products?! I'm the same as 'Kas getting slimmer' (well done on 5 days by the way- if I make it that far then I am certain I will be here for the long haul- famous last words I know!!!) as in it is my first VLCD and I plan to do it once and for all, I’ve seen a few friends do so amazingly well on it that I finally bit the bullet! Like most of us I have tried WW/ SW etc etc but... I always lose my will once I hit a place where I feel comfortable again- usually a size 14 for me- and then the diet goes out of the window and the weight creeps back on grr! Currently back up to a size 16 (close to a size 18 on top!!) so enough is enough... my aim really is to have a slinky xmas :)

I know what you mean though, it is very hard when everything around you seems to scream food BUT we can do this and will do this, and okay we will never be the skinny people who can eat what we like but we will be one of the skinny, healthy people!!! x

lunch time

Hi Lucy
Definately determined to do it! It's great that there is a forum like this that can help people support each other - it's all new to me! Have been busy tidying out my wardrobe....full of items with labels on that I have bought and thought 'I'll get into that if I diet' or have worn then got tighter and tighter....:cry: So, I feel this is it. I need to get control of my yo-yoing and maintain a weight rather than getting to a weight and thinking 'I'm skinny!! I can eat what I want!!' (which I obviously can't !!!) Lunch time now and not sure what to have. Husband has an M&S wrap which looks lovely, but not interested. really!
Might go for the slimfast option to get into training for when my pack arrives, or I have some atkins shakes - that might do for the mo.
Feeling really inspired and know that I want to succeed. Great that we can all support each other on-line...no public weigh-ins or waiting 1hr till the consultant reads out everyones weight...
Will pop back later this evening and let you know if anything arrives!
heidi x

Good for you!
Nice to hear that you are not finding it too difficult - I just want to get started! Are the soups ok?

Sorry i got the shake bumper pack so have no idea about soups

mmm. Have heard the shakes are quite nice. Read the posts re putting coffee and ice in the vanilla shake and making it into a frappe type drink....shut your eyes and you could be in starbucks:p

Hi everyone- well I am on day 4 now and have been super strict and drinking the high end of the recommended water intake but I am still really hungry- when does this ketosis usually start and will it stop the hunger pains as described? The headaches etc I can cope with but the hunger is starting to get to me a now...:( Any advice??

Hi Lucy
Well done in getting this far. The headaches and hunger do tend to hang about till day 5-6 with me ( I haven't any experience with exante, but have with other ketosis inducing vlcd's). People are different though, and I found that around day 6, the hunger pangs went and I felt that I wasn't watching the clock all day till it was time for the next meal. Make sure you are drinking enough water - could help with the headaches. Your body will adjust - I think the first days are also the hardest, then it gets easier. Just keep thinking - you are doing the hardest bit of the diet at the moment and that bit is nearly over. Keep thinking long term - I have a pair of 12 jeans hanging on the door of my wardrobe to keep me going.
Anyway, my packs arrived this afternoon !!!!! (delivered to the wrong address...) Strange to look at it and think that is my total food intake for the next 4 weeks !!! Blimey.
Had to take an atkins this am as they hadn't arrived, but am now planning on a............thai chicken soup,me thinks! It sounds nice, time will tell.
Breath still yuck, and really needing to remind myself to drink water - not easy, but will try.
Stay positive
heidi x

Thanks Heidi- really appreciate the advice and will stay strong and hope that after the weekend the worst of the symptoms’ will be over and I guess the fight then just becomes psychological! (Probably just as hard lol) Had a really bad last night last night feeling hungry and grumpy and irritable...not sure if anyone else gets a touch of insomnia but I usually sleep really well and the last few nights have been a struggle which doesn't help! Anyway enough moaning :)

Glad your products have arrived, I am getting on ok with them to be honest, obviously they have a unique taste but nothing to unbearable yet- the V.Shake works great with some coffee in (a tip I found on here) and I loved the Thai soup, not a fan of the bars though- takes me about 4 hours to eat one...how are you finding them now you have officially started?

Good Luck xx

Hi Lucy
Started officially yesterday (had been using up old atkins shakes,etc since monday to get me into the swing of things). Had a bar - which took ages to eat. For tea I has a soup, which went tragically wrong somehow. Lumpy, thick and grew a skin on the top. Will add more water and borrow kids nesquik battery op' mini whisk to help with the lumps.
Had a strawberry shake this am and decided to half my bar and have half at lunch time and keep half to look forward too (well, if you can look forward to it - you know what I mean!). It will be a soup for tea - decisions, eh?!
I am really having problems sleeping also. Not sure if it is because I think I am hungry or my body is just in utter shock at what is happening to it. When I think about how many calories I would put away in a day....and now I am on 600-800 !!
Evenings are difficult - I am having so many baths, trying to read, work, watch tv -anything to take my mind of food. I suppose food has been a comfort and a bordom reliever - a crutch and now it has been taken away, I am struggling a bit. I know it gets better though and I only have around 2 and a half stone to get to target, so it's a few months hard work and then you reap the results.
The feeling of fitting into something that you feel and look good in is better than any chocolate bar in the world - I just need to keep telling myself that! Sore head today, but was stuck in a meeting and haven't drunk enough.
Stay positive !
heidi x

How is day 3/4 going Heidi? I’m now into day 9 and still not sleeping well!!! However the hunger pains have passed, well the physical ones anyway and the first weeks weight loss is a massive boost :) Like you say a few months pain for a whole lifestyle change and feeling fantastic is definitely worth the effort (just hope I keep feeling that way lol) x

Hi Lucy
Day 6 today and I feel fab. No hunger and and need to remind myself to eat. Unheard off!:D
I am sleeping really badly too. Usually, my head hits the pillow and that's it-goonight vienna. Now, I'm awake to the small hours and am waking up also.
How are you getting on?
How much did you lose ?
heidi x

hi im day 4 of exante after doing 4 weeks lipotrim

hi spyro
how are you getting on? I'm finding exante really good - no probs yet!:)

yeah so far so good am fighting temptation abit today as 1st day of totm. lol

Back