Welcome to Dukan

Another one new to this site

Hi I am Loraine and a Brit. I now live in Perth, Western Australia. I started Dukan in May 2010 and I had lost 23 pounds, have meds that slow losses. I am being coached and have just had a 2 week break and put on 4/5 pounds :(. I am picking up again tomorrow and hope to shed the last 20 or so pounds by September 1st.

I am widowed/divorced I have a 40 yr old son and he has a wife and a son 1 and daughter 3.

I live with my 7 yr old Wire Haired Fox Terrier - Zedley.

Welcome to you both, Karen and Lorraine.

Karen - I'm so glad that your husband's condition is finally stabilising.

As Em says, once you get into the swing of things, resisting naughty foods should become easier. My husband isn't on Dukan and it can be difficult to watch him tucking into all kinds of lovely things at times, but you get used to it. I usually make us both the same main basis of the meal, but add extra carbs, etc to my husband's plate. Obviously, that all depends upon how restrictive your husband's diet is due to his IBS.

Definitely give the book a good read through and remember that preparation is vital to making a success of the diet. It's helpful to make things in advance and freeze them so that you always have Dukan-friendly food to hand. There are some great recipes in the Recipes sections, so be sure to check those out.

Best of luck to you both!

Hi Emmma, Karen, Wendy and all other Dukaners,

I've just discovered this bit of the forum - perfect! This site is huge.

I'm on my second day of my three day attack phase. Yesterday was a torture, but today I was a bit better organised and have enjoyed it, although developed a bit of a headache towards the end of the afternoon. I lost 2 pounds in my first day and can't wait to step on the scales tomorrow. I know it's easy to lose those first few pounds, but it's still pretty exciting. This is the first time I've tried to officially follow a diet.

I've gone and invited a friend round for supper after work on Thursday. Luckily it's on my first day of being allowed vegetables, but I'm going to have to come up with something so she doesn't feel let down...

It's a nightmare having kids around with left over easter eggs, but so far have managed to avoid temptation!

Look forward to meeting y'all.

welcome all the newbies , hope you all start diaries , so that the chief witch can have a good nosey when she gets back off her holidays

Hi I'm new here. I was on Atkins and lost a good bit of weight. But it has stalled forthe last 2 months. So I want to give The Dukan diet a try. I am waiting on my book to come in at Barnes and Nobles. But I would like to start the diet sooner. Can you give me a step by step instructions on the attact phase?

I have stalled for the last 2 months on my weight loss on Atkins. Help.

:cry:Hi I'm new here. I was on Atkins and lost a good bit of weight. But it has stalled for the last 2 months. So I want to give The Dukan diet a try. I am waiting on my book to come in at Barnes and Nobles. But I would like to start the diet sooner. Can you give me a step by step instructions on the attact phase?

Hi Floribunda. That is one of the good things about the diet - you can eat to your heart's content. But I think you naturally cut down on the amount you would normally eat, anyway, because you feel full.

I'm sure you'll see the pounds drop off. Good luck!

Hi, I'm a newbie, haven't started yet as i'm waiting for my book to arrive. I've been doing WW for 5 months and lost 18 lbs but I've become disheartned with it as I'm only losing half a pound a week now and it's just too slow. I've looked into a lot of diets and have decided that Dukan is for me, i'm hoping it will give my body the kick start to start losing again:D

Hi, I've been lurking here all week and thought i'd say hello! I started Attack on Easter Monday and have lost 5 pounds so far. Had some veggies today which was lovely!

Just hoping i find it as easy once a few social engagements get thrown into the mix!

Kate

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this site and to Dukan, thought I'd say hello. So I'm on day 2 of Attack and already lost 2 pounds overnight! Very encouraging. I only have 3 days of Attack and think it will be easy in the week but already worried about the weekend. I really hope this diet will work for me. I have 1stone 3lbs to loose (which is what I put on since moving abroad for work 2 yrs ago). Really want to get back to my pre-expat weight!

My main concern is drinking. I go out every weekend with friends and they all love a drink. How strict is everyone when it comes to alcohol? Do you find that the odd vodka d. coke ruins all the hard work?

Great to meet u all!
Kat x

Hi, Kat.

Unfortunately, alcohol is not your friend on this diet. It's really advisable and desirable to stay away from it completely through Attack and Cruise (when you get onto Conso, which shouldn't be too far away for you, you'll be able to have a glass with your gala meals).

Not only does it not work well with the diet, the alcohol will have more of an effect on your body because of the new way you are eating. It can even make some people feel ill - something technical to do with the reduction of glycogen cells.

Why not think of how fantastic you'll look and feel after losing your weight and hold off the alcohol until then? You can always drink plain Diet Coke instead.

Hello, I've just started the dukan diet today!! I've got about 2st 7lbs to lose so hoping i can get a could bit of this shifted before my holibags at the end of June.

My food today has been

2 oat bran pancakes
some chicken
toffee muller light yogurt
meat balls
fridge raiders

Hope thats ok!

Hello, I've just started the dukan diet today!! I've got about 2st 7lbs to lose so hoping i can get a could bit of this shifted before my holibags at the end of June.

My food today has been

2 oat bran pancakes
some chicken
toffee muller light yogurt
meat balls
fridge raiders

Hope thats ok!

Unfortunately, the Fridge Raiders aren't suitable for Dukan as they contain banned ingredients.

Are the meat balls homemade?

I know it's a pain, but it's very important to check all of the ingredients and nutritional values on the packets very, very carefully to make sure that they don't include nasties.

Back