Welcome to Dukan

Anyone vegetarian doing Dukan?

WOW Bren. I have no idea how you would do Dukan as a Vegetarian! It's all meat and fish for Attack phase. Sorry hun. x

regards dukan vegetarianism....

Dukan says:

"So how can we be a vegetarian? It all depends on how this word is defined. If it means just cutting out all red meat, there are many other sources of animal protein such as fish, seafood, eggs and dairy products that can provide an ample intake.

If it means not eating anything from an animal that has been raised and slaughtered for us to eat then it becomes more difficult, as this leaves only eggs and dairy products, but this is possible and sufficient for people who are not trying to lose weight.

If vegetarian means only eating vegetables, my diet becomes very hard to follow as there is no other choice but to use incomplete vegetable proteins that have to be very cleverly teamed up with cereals and leguminous plants to ensure that all amino acids are consumed because without all of them it is impossible to produce vital proteins."

hope this helps x

Nice one Sarah. x

Thanks,

I went on the website, it says to eat eggs, diary and lots of tofu ( which I love). I've gone off fish in the past month, however might go back to it.

I really need to read the book and assess the food list. However I am quite happy on WW.

Thanks all.

Bren xx

Hi guys =]
been lurking for a while and thought i'd join you =]
I've been on dukan since the 23rd of june so just over 3 months and i have lost 45lbs so 3st 3lbs. i still have a long way to go but i am getting there =]
hope your all well

Welcome Pearly. That is an AMAZING weight loss. Well done. Start up a diary and everyone can introduce themselves and offer assistance when needed. They're great on here for support.

x

Welcome to the board Pearl......wow 3 stone in 3 months?! Amazing! Well done you :)

Glad you've decided to join us... the more the merrier :)

don't be a stranger xx

Welcome pearly, great losses so far!!

Nice to have someone else on the board of the same weight :D
And you're in the town I grew up in.

Wow, well done Pearly!

Nice to have you onboard:).

thank you, i was a bit worried as its from a different weight loss site so is it allowed? its just the site i used to keep a check on my weight so it saved my signing up for another website.

great weight loss pearly xx

thank you, i was a bit worried as its from a different weight loss site so is it allowed? its just the site i used to keep a check on my weight so it saved my signing up for another website.

Yeah as far as I know it's fine - mine aren't from this site either and I've not had my collar felt (so far:D)

If you like being good I'd steer clear of Sarah pmsl x

I take exception to that last remark :p nikki the woman who was making me google "praline syrup" late at night when my willpower was low! :eek: cheeky sod...

I've been EXCEPTIONALLY good this weekend :) and as one of the boards only teetotalers... I think I'm quite a good dukaneer :p and not "one to steer clear of" :p

god give you an inch and you take a mile....:D

seriously though (to be continued in my diary) I've been a little angel this weekend :D...I am so proud of myself

:)

Back