Welcome to Dukan

Unfortunately, the Fridge Raiders aren't suitable for Dukan as they contain banned ingredients.

Are the meat balls homemade?

I know it's a pain, but it's very important to check all of the ingredients and nutritional values on the packets very, very carefully to make sure that they don't include nasties.

oh darn it! Hopefully not too much damage done, i'll feed them to my other half! Thanks for letting me know!

so my book arrived today and I'm a little confused about how many days I should spend on attack. When I inputted my details on the Dukan website it suggested 3 days on attack but the book suggests 5 days if you have 20-40 lbs to lose. I have 26lbs to lose and the book says 3 days on attack for a loss of under 20lbs. I'm so confused, please help

so my book arrived today and I'm a little confused about how many days I should spend on attack. When I inputted my details on the Dukan website it suggested 3 days on attack but the book suggests 5 days if you have 20-40 lbs to lose. I have 26lbs to lose and the book says 3 days on attack for a loss of under 20lbs. I'm so confused, please help

Hi, louschu.

I had a similar amount of weight to lose and the website also gave me a 3 day Attack period. However, I ended up doing 5 days instead.

Having said that, and I think this is also stated in the book, having a longer Attack period isn't necessarily any better in the long run than a shorter one. Because it's mainly water weight loss during Attack, you end up regaining a bit of that when you start on Cruise and eat veg again - then it all levels off again and you catch up in the end. So it really doesn't make that much difference.

Bear in mind that Attack is much more restrictive than Cruise and you're more likely to end up experiencing transit problems (constipation) as you're not eating veg. So a shorter Attack can be preferable.

Why not definitely do your suggested 3 days of Attack and then see whether you want to continue on for another couple of days?

Good luck!

Hi All,
Just finished reading the book and am planning on starting tomorrow, I have defected from slimming world where I started well and hit a lull. I'm also going to start a food diary and would appreciate any tips or help on offer and of course am eager to learn! (oh and update my user details!)

Hey guys, I've been lurking on the site for a little while but have only just found this thread! So far, myself and my hubby are on day 5 of attack, and I've lost 3.1kgs (nearly 7lbs!) so I'm mega happy with the results. My husband has lost about the same amount, which is good as we're both very competitive, although I'm just about to go on TOTM so I'm sure it'll change! It's likely that we'll do an extra day of attack as I'm not going shopping until tomorrow afternoon, but am massively looking forward to making a dukan rhubarb crumble on Saturday!

So up until now, I've lost all the weight I've put on since getting married! Am hoping to drop another 11 or so kgs to bring me to 55kg, which is the weight I was before our trip to Australia (meeting his family for first time resulted in EAT EAT EAT you have to try this EAT EAT EAT!) our wedding and me picking up an injury that led to me not being able to run for a few months and instead seeking solace in a bottle of wine and a slice of cake! So the lbs went on pretty quickly, and now they're coming off. :)

I'm loving that I still have the energy in the mornings to get out for our runs, although did nearly faint on the tube last night, but I think that was partly thanks to the heat down there and the "squashed in like sardines commuters" affect, but will obviously keep an eye on that, but if nothing else, the introduction of vegetables should definitely help that.

So hey guys, and good luck on your weightloss efforts! *waves*

Hey there I'm new to the forum read the book and been through attack already. I've been on cruise for 6 days now. Hope to learn alot from you guys.

Hey there I'm new to the forum read the book and been through attack already. I've been on cruise for 6 days now. Hope to learn alot from you guys.

Wow vhenegar your stats are impressive, 9lbs already, how long did you do attack for and how much did you lose? You're starting stats are quite similar to mine

New to Dukan - just saying hi!

Hiya everyone, as title says i am new to Dukan and hoping this is my final "diet" - ive tried them all, with most success on Slimming World with a 3stone weight loss that ive more or less managed to keep off, I would like to lose about another stone but at 10stone my weight has totally plateaued and i can never get past 9st 13.5 before i put on 1 or 2 pounds! Today is my first day on Dukan after reading the first section of the book yest, I have been peeing for Ireland and my breath is already starting to get a bit mingy, lol, is the 1st day too early for ketosis? Anyway hopefully I can be of some help here as well as gain some! xx

louschu I did attack for 5 days and lost 6 pounds. the weight came off very easy for me. Although I did have my first slip up yesterday when I went to the movies with my husband, my weakness is popcorn and lets just say popcorn 1 me 0! Even after eating that I still lost 1/2 a pound so I am continuing on my scheduled 1/1 cruise. Glad i have everyones on here for support. I'm in the US and I am having problems with find healthy snacks I thought beef jerky might work until I realized there is added sugar and the sodium content is horrible! I've becomme addicted to lettuce wraps on my PV days that I stuff with my own surf and turf salad...yummm. Just need a little advice on some PP snacks.

How is this possible?!?!

Started attack this is my 3rd day in and the scales show an 8lb weight loss!!! In 2 days!! How is this possible?!?! I dont have a lot to lose so am totally flummoxed!!!!

well done Irish cub, today is also my 3rd day but I am not going to weigh myself until Saturday. Really struggling today, feel terrible and cant stomach any food.

Waterford I think you'll be surprised at just how much weight you lose! I was totally in awe!! 10stone is usually my plateau weight so for such an amount to come off in 2days has astounded me! Seeing the weightloss on the scales motivated me today to keep going - I also felt icky from last night with bad stomach cramps and constipation and according to my 4 year olddaughter ive awful breath lol! Maybe you should jump on there just to give yourself a boost? I was gonna follow attack for 5 days but seeing the results im going to stick to 3 so I can have some veg tomorrow - good luck w your loss!!!

About to start

Hi everyone, I'm starting the Dukan diet today....pretty nervous but motivated by seeing all the great losses on here. I've not got much to lose but just needed a kick up the bum to try and shift about a stone...

Hopefully all will go well!

Hello all! I just joined this site and am attempting to get the hang of it. It may take me a little while! There are quite a few different groups on here!! I started on Wednesday May 11th at 222.2lb and am down to 214.8lb on my 5th and last day of Attack Phase today! Starting cruise tomorrow! Can't wait for my veggies!! Look forward to being a 'loser' and meeting some great people from all over! :)

dukandebut said:
Hello, new Dukaners! Sorry, the forum is a little quiet over the weekend so this is a belated welcome.

Welcome from me too, I am normally around at a weekend but it was a busy one for me this week. Hope you're all finding your way around :)

Lurked, read the book and now I'm ready to say Hi

Hi everyone

I started Dukan on Monday 16th in a effort to finally say goodbye to a small but reoccurring couple of kilos. I did my reading homework but it was visiting this site that made my mind up to start the diet. Some of you have been at it a long time which means it is manageable and I'm thankful that you take the time to post as it has been very encouraging to me.

So thanks and hello.:wavey:

Back