Welcome to Dukan

Welcome :)

You've come to the right place - good luck! Jx

Hi, yes I am enjoying so far.

I feel better in myself body wise, I don't feel bloated, am amazed at how I don't seem to suffer clawing hunger like I used to on other diets, esp when it was very close to a mealtime. yes there are things i am missing, but I am staying strong.

My daughter tried tempting me with an ice lolly the other day and when i said i can't, she said, mummy just have one and pretend you didn't have it. I told her it was naughty to try to make me break my diet, she didn't understand what I had said, once i explained she was very sorry to have tempted me LOL. I actually came to the rescue today, I have been carrying around suger free gum, we were out shoppiing and the both said they were thirsty. i whip out the gum and offer them a piece :D.

I bought myself a mini grater today for ginger, and I also got a garlic chopper. I hate cutting it and it can sometiems waste a lot when crushing. I can chop a few cloves at a time, and then wrap in cling film and freeze. It will probably be used over a couple of days, but it saves time.

I have 1 more day of Attack and then a PV day on Monday. Am really looking forward to it. Also to being able to have porridge with Oatbran and still have some left for something else.

right its bed time, I'm tired now.

Hi, yes I am enjoying so far.

I feel better in myself body wise, I don't feel bloated, am amazed at how I don't seem to suffer clawing hunger like I used to on other diets, esp when it was very close to a mealtime. yes there are things i am missing, but I am staying strong.

My daughter tried tempting me with an ice lolly the other day and when i said i can't, she said, mummy just have one and pretend you didn't have it. I told her it was naughty to try to make me break my diet, she didn't understand what I had said, once i explained she was very sorry to have tempted me LOL. I actually came to the rescue today, I have been carrying around suger free gum, we were out shoppiing and the both said they were thirsty. i whip out the gum and offer them a piece :D.

I bought myself a mini grater today for ginger, and I also got a garlic chopper. I hate cutting it and it can sometiems waste a lot when crushing. I can chop a few cloves at a time, and then wrap in cling film and freeze. It will probably be used over a couple of days, but it saves time.

I have 1 more day of Attack and then a PV day on Monday. Am really looking forward to it. Also to being able to have porridge with Oatbran and still have some left for something else.

right its bed time, I'm tired now.

Hi Karen, just a quick note, Asda have lollyice makers for a couple of quid, i made SF bitter lemon lollys last night had one today, they were really good, there is always a way round naughty food on Dukan.
Good luck for your weigh in, Cx

Hi Karen, just a quick note, Asda have lollyice makers for a couple of quid, i made SF bitter lemon lollys last night had one today, they were really good, there is always a way round naughty food on Dukan.
Good luck for your weigh in, Cx

Oooo that sounds good, how did you make them. Was it fizzy stuff frozen. I keep meaning to try and make some coke cubes but forget. Need to buy some more coke now! :D

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and my weigh in. I lost again this mornign but I have deliberatly not looked at Mondays figure and worked out the total loss. I do remember what I weighed but have deliberatly forgotten this mornings LOL.

I've been searching/googling for other dukan sites to get more info and hints and tips, I need to create a menu for this coming week now, but I obv know what I'm having for my evening meal SALAD!!!!! I love it and have missed it. Bought some reduced pak choi today in Asda, never had it before and no clue how to use it but well, I'm game to try new stuff.

This diet just makes us brim with enthusiasm!! I do stuff like that, buy something ive never heard of before just to have a go, wouldnt have dreamed of doing that pre Dukan!!

The bitter lemon was frozen and very tart!! hit the spot tho.

Well done on your 6lb weigh loss, Fabulous result, it just makes you wanna carry on and lose more, great isnt it? Cx

Yes CPL it does, I am really confident at the moment, lost again this morning, and I actually have images of people saying...wow you have lost loads. I've not had that in my head for years. I have a couple of items of clothes that I can use as my 'got to get in to' incentives.

Pak Choi, i sliced it up and had it in my salad, but when I googled it, they said its like cabbage and to cook it. But I hate cooked cabage so I'll still to raw in salad LOL.

bok choi / pak choi is delicious stir-fried with mushroom and garlic and a bit of soy sauce. but if you like it raw, then go for it!

I didn't know you could eat Pak Choi raw....I love the stuff!

Last edited:
btw, congrats on great results for week 2, Karin! how are you doing in week 3?

Hello, I'm Carly and I first joined 2 months ago when I was a week or 2 into Dukan but never posted!

Fast forward and I'm now 23lbs lighter and only about 6 or 7lbs to go before I hit my target. I'm really looking forward to consolidation!!

Favourite Dukan meal: Chinese 5 spice chicken thighs (as a treat, as thighs are v fatty!)

Exercise
: I walk my dog for 30 minutes every morning, 10-20 minutes after lunch and/or after tea and for 10 minutes before bed. Dog only needs a wee but I try and walk him if I'm in the mood so I can get the extra exercise - if it's sunny I'll take him out extra! So, I can do up to an hour if it's sunny, and at least 40 mins if it's not glorious weather! For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to do the exercise bike too, but I have found it's left me with noooo energy at all, which I expected.

I stagnated a few weeks back, putting me back a week or 2, but looking back I think it's because I had not been checking what I was buying. I typically get "reduced fat" chicken from Tesco and 5% fat mince from Asda, but I'd just slipped and bought the normal stuff for a while.

Some of my tips:

I try and reduce how much Aspartame I'm having, as I'm paranoid! So I drink sugar free Old Jamaica ginger beer as it is the only diet drink I've found without Aspartame in & it has Sucralose in which is acceptable on Dukan: http://thedukandietsite.com/3272/sugar-substitutes-and-sweeteners-for-the-dukan-diet/

Diet Jelly also - Asda do their own sugar free brand which avoids aspartame! I like the premade pots, but I don't like it as much the Hartley's stuff! It does have double the carbs in to the diet stuff, which Dukan said you can have 3 of a day, so I limit myself to 1 of the asda ones!

On the Dukan diet shop, the sugar free cocoa powder is EXPENSIVE - in the UK you can buy sugar free cocoa from Tesco for much cheaper, with the same nutritional qualities!

We saw on TV that cravings don't last more than 20 mins so when I am feeling naughty, I just remember that and walk away! I've been good so far and not cheated once in 11 weeks! - Unless you count the odd 'heaped' teaspoon of cocoa powder instead of the flat one ;-)!

And that's all I've got!

Hoping to find more tips, more recipes and help others!

Carly :)

hey laura,

I don't know if this is the same cheese, but the 'Mini Babybel Light' i googled seems to have about 15% fat: 3g per 21g piece. so it doesn't seem like a good idea for cruise.

I can only get hold of the laughing cow lite, which is about 8%. the extra lite is 3 or 4%, so that's the one which is allowed. and it tastes pretty good!

i think 1 wedge of the LC extra lites is allowed every day. i don't have the lite one every day.

hope that helps :)

Dukanista said:
hey laura,

I don't know if this is the same cheese, but the 'Mini Babybel Light' i googled seems to have about 15% fat: 3g per 21g piece. so it doesn't seem like a good idea for cruise.

I can only get hold of the laughing cow lite, which is about 8%. the extra lite is 3 or 4%, so that's the one which is allowed. and it tastes pretty good!

i think 1 wedge of the LC extra lites is allowed every day. i don't have the lite one every day.

hope that helps :)

Oops bought quite a few so might just have one a week
There really yummy!!
Will get some LC though
Thank u xx

Hello, I'm Tamara and I started Dukan two weeks ago today and so far I am loving it, I feel so much healthier within myself my skin has cleared up, i have way more energy and i've lost weight :) 15lbs!!! I just wanted to introduce myself as I have been coming on here everyday since I started for advice and to read all the inspirational diaries but never thought of posting myself so thank you for all your inspiration.

Hello, I'm Tamara and I started Dukan two weeks ago today and so far I am loving it, I feel so much healthier within myself my skin has cleared up, i have way more energy and i've lost weight :) 15lbs!!! I just wanted to introduce myself as I have been coming on here everyday since I started for advice and to read all the inspirational diaries but never thought of posting myself so thank you for all your inspiration.

15lbs in 2 weeks is amazeballs, Tamara! Well done and hiya :D

P x

Back