Welcome to Dukan

lol do you do all that on scales? mine do fat n water but confuse me to much so no idea what it means lol.....dont spose there are any "dukan safe" sauces i can make to go with homemade burgers? i find mince far to dry....oh and just had the oatbran and really dont like it :-( could it be eaten as a kind of bread? xx

Dukan sauces - yoghurt based maybe mint raita type or something with a smidgen of tomato puree and a few chopped gherkins :) burger relish style.

Oatbran you can have as a porridge or as muffins or as bread - the recipes are in the recipe section :)

Sarah your advice today is fantastic xxx and as soon as i get on the computer I've go to give you some rep points. Well done on some fantastic Dukan advice xxxx

Aww thanks Sid :) x

Alottolose- Thank you, kindly. I appreciate you taking the time to type all of that great information. You're fabulous! It sounds like you've done really well.

Normally I am at work Monday-Friday, however I had to take my dog to the vet today. So, I have ample time to prepare. I am getting ready to make my oat bran pancake for a late breakfast (it's is only 11:30am here). I am a salt lover, however I will substitute with herbs and cracked pepper as you suggested. Also, the doctor seems to really stress the importance of walking, so I will do that, too. I've already weighed and measured, but I will update those stats on here. Fortunately, water is my choice beverage living in the dry desert, so I already easily consume more than what's recommended. I think my struggle will be eating out, get togethers involving food, and travel.

I've never used stones, but I converted my weight this morning. :p 199 pounds = 14 stones 3 pounds. My true weight is 162 pounds. So, I have 37 pounds to lose. (I had to just update this. My True Weight changed somehow by my current weight. I am not sure, but it says 162 pounds now. I am going with that.)

Last edited:
thank you sarah very helpful will try them tomorrow and the microwave bread just wrote it all down lol.....think ill have scrammbled eggs on toast for brekkie yumyum(looking forward to next week for weighing dont wanna weigh to often so hoping after 6 days of attack ill get a good loss) hoping the running helps too xx

Good luck you two xxx

Hi everyone

Just to introduce myself: I'm a bit of a long-term diet disaster having done Slimming World, calorie counting & most recently Dukan - I manage to loose the weight but maintaining is a massive struggle. I reached target weight (size 10 jeans & everything!) with Dukan then went to London for a mini break & binged like crazy & have put all the weight I lost on Dukan back on :(

To cut a long story short I got so fed up of eating the same foods on Dukan I found it hard to get back on track after London but am now ready to start again - some advice though please: should I start with Attack or Cruise?? Any help would be much appreciated!

Zoe

Hi Zoe,

Good for you for getting back on track. I think you should start with a clean slate and go back to attack, if you're back at your original weight.

You know what went wrong last time, so you can prepare for it. Make sure you shop before you start and keep your kitchen stocked with lots of different foods. Variety was definitely the key for me. Use the recipes here so you don't have an excuse to get bored. And have some emergency treats, like dukan muffins, frozen yoghurt, jelly mousse, etc on hand for when you feel weak!

And keep a diary and let us know how it's going. Having this group has kept me on the straight and narrow many times!

Good luck Cx

Yep i agree with Dukanista welcome back and good luck xxx

Hi Ladies

Im brand new to the DD and am looking for support and encouragement. I have just lost a twin pregnancy and am feeling fat and miserable and want to kick start the new year with a new me.

I have never dieted before and was always a 10 -12 now im heading towards a dress size 16 feeling miserable...time to kick myself up the bum and burm that fat !!

All help nad pointers very gratefuly recieved. i have nearly 3 stone to lose.

Questions...
How do i make a gallet pancake
can you fry things in oil
how do u make eggs without frying ie omlette...even my non stick pan stick without a splash of oil?
Can u have unlimited amounts of diet coke pepsi etc...
can u eat fruit?

please advise

Reena
Lookung forward to making some life long friends in my life long change x

Hi Again, the boards are very quite with it been xmas atm but to answer your questions I dont make the gallette I do muffins instead but if you look on the recipie thread there are loads of great recipies and cooking tips but if you have problems we can repost them.
Cooking wiyhout oil I would say invest in a new frying pan as you will use it tons. But once your out of the attack phase you can rub a little oil in your pan when doing ommletes etc.,
Again Im not a coke drinker but the girls seam to have quite a lote of diet coke but someone will be along shorly to advice with confidence
andas for fruit thats a defo nono. your not allowed fruit tillyour in conso. I read youve ordered your book, if I were you I'd hang fire till it arrives and read, shop for all you ingredients and then begin. your weight will be off in months and we are hear practically 24/7 for help, support and a good bloody moan when the weight doesnt drop off as fast as we would like. I 100% reccomend this diet as if followed correctly youll never be hungry and the weight loss is amazing, good luck

hi

I am brand new and am hoping to make some new friends on this journey never dieted before but have three stones to lose after a twin pregnancy ending in miscarriage. ive become a comfort eater and now need to get back into shape for me !!

im a bit scared to do this attack phase for 7 days and am worried i will be bored or not do it correctly.

any advice ?

how do u cook without oil in attck phase ie egg omlettes and turkey rashers et?

Hi Reena

Welcome to the Dukan Plan! When you get your book read it and plan what your going to eat over the course of your attack phase. Dont forget to drink lots of water as this will flush out the toxins that are produced in Ketosis. The first 3 days will be tough as you change your eating habits and you may feel a bit achey but persevere with it. You can cook in a nonstick pan, grill or bake stuff in the oven.

There are a ton of dead easy recipes to follow on here if you look in the recipe thread. I hav copied and pasted the into a word document and then printed out and filed in a lever arch file in the kitchen. The thing you need to do on this plan is to be prepared and plan ahead. Good luck x

Thats gteat advice thabk u. Can u marinate chickrn in spives in yoghurt n roast them...

Yum yum

Deffo look at the recipe section, i considered myself an absolute disaster in the kitchen, but, im getting the hang of things now and getting a bit more consistent and confident with making things now. The Chicken tikka is a favorite in our house as is the diet coke chicken. x

Hello!!

I am introducing myself as an "oldDukaner", meaning I have done this before.......but new here. I was on a Dukaners forum and lost 55 lbs in 7 moths! Love the plan.....I made it through 5 months of Consolidation, but never finished to stabilization. I then got really sick with pneumonia this October and just allowed all foods during that recovery. So, for 2 months I have been eating things I would rather not, and have put on about 12-15 lbs. I will weigh in tomorrow and "own it", whatever it is.

So, here I go again because I really liked myself at my lower weight and more active and focused. And, clothes were fun again!! I will start a diary and just copy above.

Happy Day!
Go2Goal

Old dukaner gret to hear from u. I'm sure it'll fall right off.
I'm starting my diet tomorow
Xx

Hi everyone. I started yesterday! Been really good and just drinking water/diet coke and lots of salmon and chicken. Struggling with something to moisten it with though. I am going to experiment with low fat natural yoghurt and herbs tonight. I'm aiming to do 5 days of attack. Really hoping that I can stay off the alcohol though. However I've just weighed in yesterday at 18 stone 5 and a size 20. After crying lots decided that I really really have to take action!!! Really hope this diet works as I've tried absolutely everything else!!!!

Yummywhitewine youve come to the right place xxx

Back