WENDIE PLAN

makemethin

Siobhan
Hey can anyone tell me, ive came across details about a wendie plan in weight watchers where u eat ur total week points in different amounts in different days,
does this work, is it encouraged??

Personally I think its a bad idea. Its not a WW approved plan, it was devised by someone called Wendy!!

I think its only a suggested option if you hit a plateau, to boost your metabolism, personally I wouldnt go near it, but thats just me.

ok i think that il stay away lol, starlight can u also tell me, know thoose pink and white biscuits.....do they have 1pt or 0.5pt per biscuit???

never seen them before....the jammy ones are yummy lol

i was abit confused as they are 53cal per biscuit and 0.01SF
on my wee calculator its working out at 1pt.....but like starlight i thought they wer 0.5p/b.....at least now i know they are

On the Wendie plan website, she says herself that it's only for if you need a boost. If you're losing ok on the ordinary plan she says to stick to that.

In defence of the Wendie Plan, as you have said Starlight, it is really only for those who have been on a plateau for a while. It is not easy to do, but can work (I have tried it). It isn't for everyone, and you are free to make your own choice. I do not think the Wendie Plan can damage your health!

Well, I guess if I was Weight Watchers, I'd want to keep things as straightforward and simple as possible, or else everyone would be put off! :giggle:

i think maybe it mighnt be a good idea for anyone with less willpower, how easy would it be to overeat when ur used to eating well above u daily point, im not even doing the wendyplan, and i find it hard enough to stick to my daily allowance. thats my opinion lol.....im going to ask my leader tonight about it, ill keep use posted

It will be interesting to see what your leader thinks of it. She does stay within WW principles i.e. even on your very low day, you're not allocated more than 4 points below. Where you might have problems is the "robbing Peter to pay Paul" approach to points i.e. what if you have your 33 points or whatever on the Friday but then don't manage to stick to 19 on the Saturday.

I liked the idea of it when I first came across it but now I think it encourages boom and bust eating.

Yes i agree very much about the boom and bust, also ur body works very strangely, if u over eat one day and starve the next, urbosy goes into a meltdown and stores all the fat thinking ur gonna be starving the next day lol....crazy really

i asked my leader and she said that WW didnt encourage it, for basically the same reason as above, also she said it would get complicated as if ur on a different point scheme every day, ull end up getting confused...if ur saving points etc. she said also it wud be very easy to overeat on the days that u havent got ur full points allocated to you.

For anyone that wants a boost and to loose weight a bit faster then i suggest to bank your 4points a day and do more exercise, its the only way really.:):):)

Yes i agree very much about the boom and bust, also ur body works very strangely, if u over eat one day and starve the next, urbosy goes into a meltdown and stores all the fat thinking ur gonna be starving the next day lol....crazy really

Surely if this was true then the JUDDD diet wouldn't work? And people seem to have had very good results on that...

Without getting into the debate of whether the Wendie plan should or shouldn't be done, this caught my eye

makemethin said:

Of all the research I've done, I have to admit I've never seen anything that would suggest that to happen in such a short time. With JUDDD you mustn't DD for 2 days on the trot to avoid any such thing. Even so, it usually takes longer than a day of a VLCD (as in JUDDD down days) to have that happen.

Besides, the wendie plan is nothing like juddd. JUDDD is much more extreme. I guess the wendie plan would be more akin to calorie cyling (changing calories each day....few more one day, few less the other).

Getting back to JUDDD, there have been umpteen studies about reducing calories as low as JUDDD Down Days (and lower), long before JUDDD appeared, and I haven't seen anything to indicate that it's unhealthy. Difficult, yes. Unhealthy?...doesn't seem like it. Results? Well, they seem to do well if they stick to it :)

it looks like it may no longer be relevant as the sitewith the wendie plan on has disappeared i have tried it and if you know for definite you can stick to it then u can have a good loss but the danger is when say u have your super high day on thursday and then get invited out for the weekend you have no points to play with

Back