Wendie SHD..

i can understand ww not promoting it because they didnt create it but thats more of a question that they cant make money off it rather than it "being wrong". calorie hopping has been done for god knows how long, just some one coined a name on it.

I don't think it's anything to do with that. If WW felt it was a good system they would incorporate into their plan under another name. But it contradicts everything they promote.

But as you rightly say were all adults and can make choices to do things or not do them. As I said all I was concerned about is people often think it's WW endorsed and decide against it when they realise. As with most things in life it's best you're armed with all the facts before you make a decision on things :)

Thing with dieting, everyone has to adapt to them, not everyone can follow a plan to the letter because of lifestyle etc, its better to follow it as best you can, but if u need to change it , do it, cant restrict yourself to the ridgidness of doing one way and that way only.

i dont really adapt it much except for when i go out, but i dont do that much anymore really. i do at work though as i dont get a break so sometimes end up missing a meal so have to go with convenience food if i can possibly fit it in.

Also ww would have to pay wendie for her idea which would be silly as shes promoted her plan using WW?

Lets hope we can all lose and we all find a way that suits us ;)

Also ww would have to pay wendie for her idea which would be silly as shes promoted her plan using WW?

thats what i was thinking and ww would not want to pay out for that coz it would make them look stupid for not having it already incorporated , if it works, i havent really tried.

that's an interesting angle. Wonder if they would. Could she copywright her idea when it's WW based? WW are very pernicity about people using the points idea which they have copywrightef. Wonder how that would work out legally. Ok off on a tangent now :giggle:

well fundementally ww is a low fat calorie controlled diet and calorie hopping has been known about and done for yonks, so REALLY they couldnt buy the idea, because its general knowledge they would only be allowed to buy her "wendy" name.

Ah but the WW points thing is well and truly theirs and I bet that's airtight. That's how I wonder if they wanted to if they could just use the idea and call it flexible points or something. I bet their well paid lawyers would argue Wendy doesn't have rights to the points tm. They already tried to shut down Noreens site for copywright stuff they seem quite strict about it. The WP is sort of like JUDDD so the idea isn't hers nor are points. Who knows. Lol. Ok my head is hurting now

i always thought, although i like ww, how could they patent the point system as they have just simply taken a normal diet and converted it into points lol i kind of think its ridiculous, if we can all do ww, then we can just so a calorie controlled diet too.

I think it's more the points brand they protect. That I can sort of understand it's their brand. What I never get is when something like McDonalds tries to force a company for being called something similar. Despite the fact anyone with half a brain and one eye could tell they're not going to get a burger and chips in the business they see as a 'threat' to their name

Just stumbled across this and find the whole wendie plan ‘controversy’ interesting.
I have actually done this by accident in the past when I’ve been a bit all over the place with my points or had a big social event.
Some weeks there would be days when I would be really busy at work and grab an apple for lunch, then get home late and be too tired for a big dinner but there would be other days when I would be out with pals and have a few drinks and a big meal and go way over.
But, at the end of the week when I added up my points for the week, I’d still be within my allowance.
To be honest, it never affected my weight loss.
In fact, on most weeks where I had well over my points on one day and well under on another I lost more weight than normal.

I’m not promoting this as an approach but I don’t think there’s any harm in being flexible about this if it works for you.

I also don’t think it’s unhealthy.
Let’s face it – a lot of people feel under pressure to use up their daily points no matter what and end up eating for the sake of it even though they aren’t hungry. I’ve never felt comfortable with that. Not only that but because some folks don’t like veg or salads they fill up on crisps or chocolate to use up their points. Is that particularly healthy??

I can’t help thinking about how we would eat if we were just eating to survive, living in tribes and hunting for our food. I know I sound mental but my point is this - In most cases there would be periods of time with very little food and on other days successful hunting would mean a binge day! That doesn’t result in any weight or health problems
The tribal equivalent of salad on Friday to have guilt free pizza on Saturday!
It can’t be that unhealthy can it?

picnic well put! i think ALLL of us, if we werent dieting do it as a normal day to day routine. I do it with out thinking too.

Exactly, and my slim friends do this, unconsciensly too. EAt little when not ahving a hungry day, and lots when ahving pizza and wine with OH for instance. I think slim people eat when hungry, and some days they are, and otehrs they are not. Slim people never eat for the sake of it, to eat points or cals up!

Lynda

I can confirm i actually lost weight doing it.. after 3 weeks of STS so worked for me :) 2lbs loss

I really like this thread..has certainly got people talking! :) I am keeping this short and sweet as i agree with a few comments and dont want to be repeating..Nicola in particular i felt was spot on! Finally...BIG well done to you Mumzy, so glad it worked for you x

Thank you,
Definitely something i will try again if i STS for a number of weeks again as i believe it was deffo the wendy plan that helped :)
x

Back