Westiegirl: Restarted Day 1 Under my Belt!

Day 4 has been busy but I've been well cheesed off because I haven't been able to get on Minimins. My connection to the internet is through my brother's wireless router in his flat. Most of the time the connection is OK but today it has been intermittent!

Started with my usual hop on the scales (I know, I know) but was pleased to see todays weight is 12stone 0.4lbs. Ooh so close to being in the 11s again! Should be there by Monday. Total of 7lbs lost already.

It's amazing how much more confident I feel whilst SSing. This time last week I was still in that low place I had been since before xmas, feeling ugly, fat and generally crap. This week, after just 3 days of SSing I feel gorgeous lol ;). I know I don't look much different but I feel soooo different. Maybe it's just being back in control. I'm making my choices in a good way and I no longer feel out of control. I try not to be hard on myself but it is a hard habit to break. I guess I must look at it as the circumstances I was in before christmas were so extreme that I am never likely to be under the same pressure in the same way ever again! I still have lots of worries ie being unemployed but I feel more able to cope with them.

My busy day has consisted of cleaning mostly. My flat looked like a slum this morning so I thought I best give it a clean. Did the whole works and man I feel satisfied! I have really felt like I can't be bothered this week. I never relax but this week I just don't seem to have the energy to do much. This morning I was wondering whether it was to do with starting SSing again. I really can't remember what it was like the first time around although the first time I was so overweight I was tired all the time anyway. I suppose my body has to adjust again doesn't it.

So what have I "eaten" today. Started with a caramel muffin which was too runny so didn't cook properly, doh! Had a lemon bar for lunch and I have just had a hot chocolate. I'm in my danger time (whilst watching Ready Steady Cook again!) so I might have to have a snooze until it passes. Still have one pack left which I will probably have as soup later.

I have about a week and a half left of packs but the local counsellor hasn't been back in touch since I spoke to her on Sunday. I've left a message for her again and hope she calls soon. If not I will try some of the other alternatives. I don't want to run out of packs when I'm on a roll.

I have also managed to get some ironing done and trawl the local paper for jobs. Mind you I think all the cleaning and ironing were a way of procrastinating on the job front. There are a few possiblities out there though so I will have to update my CV and get the applications out tomorrow.

Going to go and breathe slowly now and pretend I'm not hungry. I am not hungry - I am in ketosis. It's all in my head!!!

Started with my usual hop on the scales (I know, I know) but was pleased to see todays weight is 12stone 0.4lbs. Ooh so close to being in the 11s again! Should be there by Monday. Total of 7lbs lost already.

By Monday?!! Honey - you will be cracking that 12 stone barrier by tomorrow the way you're going! :D

You are doing BRILLOPADS and I am so proud of you!! Keep it going sweetpea! :)

Much love

Hey girl -you and me are on a roll, huh!

I wouldn't go so far as to do any cleaning though - nothing's that motivational! lol

I deffo think you should put off P if you don't want to speak to him on the blower. In your own time, darling!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LOL Isobel!

I'm having a sticky moment. Darn, I have just binged *lol*. Ok, I confess I didn't actually binge but I have overindulged on my packs.

It happened during my "danger time". I made myself a soup at about 6.30pm but it just didn't "hit the spot". So, although I'd already had a lemon bar, I decided to have a nut bar too. The trouble is that led to 2 nut bars instead! Doh - so today I have had 3 packs and 3 bars. Buggerations!

So after half an hour of beating myself up I've decided to stop it and be a rational adult! OK, 6 packs is more than what is allowed on the programme but it's not the end of the world is it. I haven't eaten food have I? There is no point in allowing this to become a collapse - it's just miniscule in terms of the big picture. I'm so over it! I won't have any more packs tonight, just more coffee and water and tomorrow will be another day!

I hearby make a pledge that whenever I am so tempted in the future I will come on here instead and work it through!

LOL Isobel!

I'm having a sticky moment. Darn, I have just binged *lol*. Ok, I confess I didn't actually binge but I have overindulged on my packs.

It happened during my "danger time". I made myself a soup at about 6.30pm but it just didn't "hit the spot". So, although I'd already had a lemon bar, I decided to have a nut bar too. The trouble is that led to 2 nut bars instead! Doh - so today I have had 3 packs and 3 bars. Buggerations!

So after half an hour of beating myself up I've decided to stop it and be a rational adult! OK, 6 packs is more than what is allowed on the programme but it's not the end of the world is it. I haven't eaten food have I? There is no point in allowing this to become a collapse - it's just miniscule in terms of the big picture. I'm so over it! I won't have any more packs tonight, just more coffee and water and tomorrow will be another day!

I hearby make a pledge that whenever I am so tempted in the future I will come on here instead and work it through!

Hi Sarah!

Don't sweat it hun - 6 packs is better than 6 cakes....LOL!!! I've just had a bar (I know I'm not supposed to but it was either that or a biscuit) and I'll probably have another pack before bedtime....... mmmmm LL nut bars - I love them..... sadly doing CD I dont have then now.....:(

Glad to see your almost in the 11's - fantastic hun...... you are gonna be even more gorgeous than you are now in BHam.....:D

Lots of love

LOL Isobel!

Hi Sarah,

You so have NOT fallen, as long as your eating the products your doing really wellll, congratulate yourself on the initative to overcome what could have been a complete pig out..

Hey don't worry about it honey - i ate 10 once back in my abstinent days - never made me put on weight!!!

six packs shmix packs!

Day 4 - Saved Myself!

Phew, it's almost bed time and I've not let that little blip ruin my day. Good to my word, I've drunk another 1 1/2 litres of water and had a couple of (decaf) coffees.

My head is back to normal. And I feel fantastic!

The "incident" has led me to think about my former eating habits and some common things have occurred to me. I ALWAYS have the same danger time of 4pm-6.30pm and no matter what I just can't seem to stop myself from eating at that time. The same applies to SSing. I cannot possibly be hungry but I still HAVE to "eat" at that time. In fact when I went back to food before christmas my usual routine was to eat ok during the day, then I would come home from work - at my danger time - and HAVE to eat IMMEDIATELY. So bread and butter, crisps, chocolate etc would come out. Basically anything that I could prepare in under a minute! I would eat all that then be full (not enough to feel sick) and not eat for the rest of the night. I am aware of this and have been so for a long time but I just don't seem to be able to break the habit. I guess I'm going to have to work on it aren't I?

Well P hasn't been in touch all night. I have had to stop myself from texting him a couple of times. I'm going to let him do all the running! Besides I've been preoccupied by emailing a guy through the site Beverley recommended - Midsummers Eve. He's in Wales but further south. Having a nice flirty chat with him so we'll see how that goes. A girl just DEMANDS a mans full attention! ;)

Well done on identifying your food demons! Can I make a suggestion to help? (or it may not..).. get rid of all that tempting stuff. Don't buy it, don't store it.. don't have it near you so.. even if you want to you simply can't have it! :D
Thanks guys for your support. I realised shortly after I had eaten them that being down on myself would be counter productive so that's why I've got back on here immediately!
You have done so well and I love the attitude too!

and.. as for this...
A girl just DEMANDS a mans full attention! ;)
what can I say expect HELL YES!!! ;) ;)

Jennie, you are right about not having the food in the house. The trouble is that I have to have basic ingredients to make things and during that "danger time" I will pretty much eat anything. My other problem is that at the moment I have no kitchen and have to share my mum and dad's so all the food is mixed up. Basically they eat "normally" so have a wide range of things in and I can't possibly ask them to get rid of all my demon foods - their cupboards would be bare *lol* - as I said I would eat anything!

Besides I would love to be able to overcome this. I would like to think that one day I can have anything in my cupboards and none of them were my demon foods *sighs wistfully*.

Early Morning Quickie

Day 5 dawns, hope it's better than yesterday!

The hop on the scales showed 11stone 13.6lbs. Yes! Broken into the 11s!

I phoned the local CDC again and spoke to someone who I presumed to be her husband. He said that she's away at the moment and back on Saturday or Sunday. She did mention something about it but didn't say when. I said that I would call her Monday. I would like to get it sorted soon.

Gonna have a little look around here before I get up - busy day. Got to update my CV and apply for jobs, visit my Nana and do some paperwork. Bet I don't get half of it done *lol*.

Hey hun - you did brillopads yesterday!

I once had a look at that biorythm (sp?) thingy when it shows you your peaks and troughs of energy over the day and it said that my sleepy/weak time came at about 4pm!! It might be the same for you! Which is why you feel the need to eat!

My real danger time is 10pm cos I hate going to bed hungry (although have been doing so the last few nights - boo!) so I have a pack about 9ish to see me through.

Hope today is going well and the flirting with southern boy is taking your mind off P - I don't think you like him that much, do you?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

YAY - You're back in the 11s!!!!! Whooohoooooo!!!! Me too, but like you, only by a bit lol! Still - it's a major breakthrough, hey?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Isobel, it's such a great feeling, breaking that barrier isn't it! We will soon be where we want to again. We learn something new each time.

I might have a look at that biorhythm thingy and see what it says. I wouldn't be surprised if that is my low time. I just wonder sometimes whether it's just habit though. My eating problems really started when I was in school. I remember coming home from school each day at 4pm and eating then - usually tomato ketchup sandwiches :D - in bulk. My school days were OK, but I was never one of the "in crowd" and must admit to feeling a little isolated back then. When my then best friend moved away (some of you will know her as the lovely Kerry from Saturday night) I was very sad and that's when the weight really piled on. Comfort eating. I missed her so much (if you've met her you will understand why) and didn't feel like I made another real connection with a friend until I went to Uni (funnily enough that's the pal that called me on Sunday night when I was just home from Newcastle so it's no wonder I was so happy after the weekend).

Umm, my little innocent reply to Isobel has got me thinking much deeper than I intended. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Thanks Isobel, once again something you said has been thought provoking. These thoughts have been in my head for a long time but I haven't really put them into words. I think about them a little and push them away again. Perhaps it's time to face them and allow myself to move on!

Finally, P did text me last night to ask about my day. I replied and asked him about his but no reply. WTF? Not sure what is going on! Keeping my fingers away from the text, but it's hard! He was so keen and now nothing. Men! Also the "forward" guy, G, messaged me last night. I have been avoiding him like the plague. He asked me if I had offended him so I wrote back and said it was all new and things were going too fast for me. He was very sweet and said some nice things to me, without being pervy at all. Phew, that's a relief! If he can stay that way I might keep chatting to him (if he's lucky *lol*).

I must dash now, this visit has turned out to be longer than I intended and I'm still in my bed! Oh goodness how I'm going to suffer getting up when I finally get a job!

Hello -

At night i get hungrey soi have frozen tetra pack around 8.30 and it takes me till around 9.30to finish it - and i am fully satified -Frezzing but satified LOL!!!!

Hope this helps you it does me !!!!!

Nicola x

Back