Westiegirl: Restarted Day 1 Under my Belt!

oooh well done on all those things you have accomplished!!! and there are oodles of them!

Udate eh... lol... (can tell ya some stories about some of the chaps I met from there!! ;) ) ... hope it all goes lovely for you. :D

I look forward to hearing the stories next week ;).

Well, I am now in the ranks of the unemployed! Finished my shift at 2.30pm which was quite sad. Even though I've only been there 7 weeks I've made some good friends and I really enjoyed the working environment (although I hated the early mornings :mad:). We've all swapped numbers and will meet up later in the month for a drink. There was about 60-70 of us all told who left today. I didn't know a lot of them because of the different shift patterns but I wonder whether they have shot themselves in the foot by letting all of us go. I know the managers are not happy so are the rest of the staff left behind, who will now have to do all the work themselves. I don't envy them!

I haven't been on for a couple of nights and since my last post the demand feeding has been going well. Although I have cheated a little because I have actually been poorly and have been unable to eat!! ;)

Since my lunch on Thursday I have only eaten the folowing:

Friday: 2 slices toast, some fruit salad and 1/2 bowl of soup and a roll.
Today: 2 slices toast, pasta salad.

Not much is it but anything I've eaten has made me feel naseous and (I'm sorry if anyone is offended by this) it's all been coming out the other end!! There is a bug going around and I would have stayed in my bed but I didn't want to miss my last day of work. Just been making sure I keep drinking though so I don't get dehydrated.

Perhaps this is the way to kick off the demand feeding plan? I am feeling a bit better now but I'm still not eating a lot, just in case. Don't want to be ill for tomorrow night do I? I am not hungry at all, so when I am hungry I will eat something light.

Well today has gone so quickly, I can't believe it! It's almost time to get ready to go out lol!

Feeling much better in myself but my belly is still not right. No way it's stopping me going out tonight. My brother has bought the tickets for the pub. £6 a shot, how rude is that, charging you £6 to get into the pub!!! I have hardly eaten in 3 days and I should be a skinny minny but the trouble is that my belly is so bloated I look pregnant! Oh good, that's gonna make me feel great tonight in whatever I wear!

As i have mentioned previously I have just joined udate, as recommended by Karen and last night I had a few conversations with some guys. What a laugh! One guy is really keen, in fact we chatted on MSN and he was quite forward. Methinks he is moving a little too quickly. Can you move too quickly on MSN? Anyhew, he has contacted me again this morning and i might have a wee chat before i go out. There again I might not, don't want to be too keen! ;)

Well all you lovely folks, have a lovely NYE and I'll see you next year!

Much love xxxxxx

Have had a busy few days and now I'm in chillin mode - yeh - Newcastle tomorrow!

As mentioned on another thread I've been busy on udate - but I'm not sure about the ones I've met yet! Been avoiding the place! In the same thread I mentioned a nice pirate guy who I met on NYE and ran away from lol! I said if I saw him out again I would apologise, well I did see him but I was walking into Asda's to do some shopping with my brother. Not exactly an appropriate place to have a conversation so we just we just smiled and said hello. Oh, so cringeworthy!!

Yesterday I made a real effort to sit down and start serious reading of my self help books. All the introspection was quite depressing so I went out and returned my uniform to M&S and made an appointment at the job centre for next week. I'm not sure I can spend a month not working and "analysing myself". I'll make myself even more of a nutter lol!

It's still the same book about overcoming overeating and it is very close to the bone. What they propose is giving up diets totally and NEVER dieting again. But you have to embrace this totally. You have to accept yourself as you are and forget about losing weight. Only when you do will you be free and will start to lose weight naturally. The trouble is that I don't think I can give it up! I am seriously weighing (no pun intended) up what I want more, to be thin or to be cured. Then I thought, hell, why can't I have both???? So I am seriously thinking of going back on the packs again. 100 days should do me (I hope so anyway - the scales are still in the loft!). Although I am thinking of doing CD this time. I just need to find a counsellor, does anybody know any lol!!!

This morning was my appointment with the lovely doctor. I was very nervous and as I sat in the waiting room I really didn't know what on earth I was going to say. When I got in there I just burst into tears. She WAS lovely and we had a nice chat. The upshot is that I am staying on the same medication but I am going for blood tests to check my thyroid and blood sugar and she has also referred me to the practice counsellor. The waiting list is about a month and I really think I can benefit from it. I have been to counselling before and did find it very positive. I had to stop though when David and I split up and I couldn't afford the £40 a session price tag.

I have spent the rest of the day pottering around and tidying up. I've also been dowloading some tunes on my new MP3 player to listen to on the train. They are all happy upbeat songs to get me in the mood! Have also packed my case, but only after trying on just about everything in my wardrobe. The resulting outfits are both very similar and black! And I hate how I look in all of them lol! I guess I need to chill about it don't I. The best bit is I'm looking forward to meeting up with some great women but we'll also be boogying. That's my favourite thing in the world to do!

Roll on Newcastle!

Hia Sarah,

I've just been reading your 'story', all 23 pages - I couldn't put it down! I have learned so much about the struggles to come and feel that you should write a book about your experiences. Seriously, you write well, eloquently and honestly - all qualities needed to write an 'unputdownable' book.

I have taken on board all your experiences - truly illuminating. I hope I can learn to deal with my demons as honestly as you did.

I wish you well and look forward to reading how you're getting on.

Thanks so much.

Hi Sarah , just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed meeting you this weekend and what a party animal you are! lol It was brilliant to spend time with you and I hope we will get the chance to do it all again!!
Love
Jennie xx

Hi Sarah

It was so lovely to meet you this weekend......you sure know how to party girly......:D :D Loved meeting your friend too..... she was really sweet....

Hope you've had a safe journey home......chat soon....try and come to the BHam meet at the end of March - it'd be great to see you again.......:D

Love

AmandaJayne, thank you so much for your lovely comments. What a lovely thing for me to read on a Monday morning. I try to be as honest as I can, because if not I'm only lying to myself. I keep on plugging though!

Jennie and Mich, the weekend was an absolute scream. I had such a good time. It was lovely to meet both of you as well as catch up with some of my other friends. I am looking forward to the next one already. I will have a look into Birmingham but it will depends on the travel/money situation, especially as I am now unemployed again.

Organise one up there in Bonny Scotland for later in the year and we'll see if we can come up to you! ;) cheap flights and all that... :D You're such a lovely person Sarah, would really like to spend more time chatting to in the daylight hours too. lol

Feeling a little bit of a come down after such a good weekend in Newcastle. Once again it surpassed all my expections and I am grateful for having spent time in the company of such good women!

Didn't get home until 7pm. My dad picked me up at the station and I was so tired I could barely speak to him.

I was barely through the door, still with my coat on, when the phone rang and it was an old uni friend and haven't spoken to for months. We had a good chat which was really nice. What a lovely weekend - meeting up with my old best friend from school, partying with my lovely minimins pals and finally a good chat with my uni pal. I feel really blessed for knowing such wonderful women and being able to catch up with good friends all in one weekend!

Just spent the evening chilling out and watching TV, too tired to even type. Reality TV heaven - Just the Two of Us, Celeb BB and Soapstar Superstar. Perfect Sunday evening TV - no brain required.

The best thing that has come out of this weekend is that I have been inspired. How could I not be by such a lovely bunch as you lot! I have been off foodpacks since November and have struggled with my eating. I got so down I put my scales in the loft in disgust - decided enough is enough - no more beating myself up over the numbers.

I guess I have learnt a lot over the last couple of months and I know that I don't want to diet forever. The book I have been reading is fantastic in a motivational way but I'm not ready to give up it's concept of ditching dieting forever. When I am I will go back to it. In the meantime I will be hopefully using the services of the local counsellor through the doctors.

I know you ladies from the VFBC think I'm mad but I did contact my local CDC yesterday morning (whilst still in Newcastle) and I will be seeing her at the end of the week.

So here I am, Monday morning and I am starting again! Didn't really plan to start yet as I have a trip to Amsterdam at the end of the month. My original thought was to start on the 29th of January - the monday after my weekend away. That date is the anniversary of my first start and it is also a birthday gift to someone who gave me some wise words (you know who you are!). Hope you don't mind getting your present early lol.

First things first - a trip up to the loft (whilst still in my pjs) and retrieved the scales and my unused LL packs.

It was with some trepidation that I stood on the scales. I was anticpating a weight of about 13 1/2 stone but was quite surprised to find I was less than that, so here are my first day stats:

Weight: 12 stone 7.8lbs
BF: 39.5%
Bust: 42.5 inches
Waist: 37.5 inches
Hips: 42.5 inches

I am absolutely starving mind you! Not a good way to start. Didn't actually eat that much last night as I had filled myself up with breakfast from the hotel so I didn't have a final supper, just a couple of sandwiches on the way home. I guess I better start glugging the water. Have had 1/2 litre and a black coffee so far. Will have a pack soon (once I get out of bed lol) and start dosing myself up on tablets to ward off the carb withdrawal pains! Think positive - ketosis is only a few days away! Perhaps I should just sleep till Wednesday!

It was great to see you at the weekend and I loved your t shirt. A meet like that is so motivating and i am also ready to continue the rest of my journey. Hope you can make it to Birmingham
Irene xx

Hey hun - we'll do this thing together, hey? We're pretty much at the same weight and stats, so RACE YA!!!!! lol

Lots of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS you made me blub on the way home after you said that nice thing about me and Eric at the taxi rank!!!

Back