Wetherspoons

Had the chicken skewers twice last week and still lost 3 and a half pounds, it works! Had them again on a day trip to London on Saturday, that's three times in a fortnight, three different 'spoons, served three different ways, two were only warm, one piping hot.

I try not to use much of the sauce as that is syns but it is so nice.

I've read the first 2/3 pages and the last page - regarding deep fried steaks - I have never worked in Wetherspoons - I have however managed pubs since I was 20 and had to cook in quite a few. During my time, I have seen more than one chef deep fry a steak, bacon rashers, stir fry veg, mushrooms and the old fave of the chicken breast (actually ate out recently and DD's chicken breast had definitely been put in a fryer, even though it said roasted ) - although I never have done it myself, it is an often used short cut when orders are piling up. It might not be approved or policy from a company but it does happen. Not all the time but watch out for busy Sundays and Bank Holidays :) And not just in JD's

I think I'm right in saying its free for the chicken and salad but 1 syn per tbsp of the piri piri sauce , I'll go right back into the thread and let you know if I'm wrong

Heard in class that Weatherspoons actually deep fry their jacket pot therefore might as well have chips!! When we eat out we don't know how things are cooked!

Hi guys, I enjoyed the lovely chilli noodles today in Wetherspoons and shared a bowl of chips with my sister it was delicious and I couldn't fault it in the slightest. It was lovely to eat out and know I can enjoy something other than my usual jacket potato. I'm having a green day so I hope I'm correct in saying 1 syn for the bowl of noodles and since the whole portion of chips is 6.5 I've rounded up so allocated myself 4 syns for my half portion, I don't mind being stood corrected if they have changed since last time I checked :) I tried to upload a snap of my meal but it will only let me post a url not a direct image from my pc.

Hi guys, I enjoyed the lovely chilli noodles today in Wetherspoons and shared a bowl of chips with my sister it was delicious and I couldn't fault it in the slightest. It was lovely to eat out and know I can enjoy something other than my usual jacket potato. I'm having a green day so I hope I'm correct in saying 1 syn for the bowl of noodles and since the whole portion of chips is 6.5 I've rounded up so allocated myself 4 syns for my half portion, I don't mind being stood corrected if they have changed since last time I checked :) I tried to upload a snap of my meal but it will only let me post a url not a direct image from my pc.

Only 6.5 syns for a portion of chips? Wow! That's good

I've just checked on syns online and wow a lovely surprise! A bowl of chips is only 5.5 syns! Maybe they have made the portions smaller too :D You shouldve enjoyed the whole lot haha x

Oooh i wish i had of now :p thanx for double checking, the portion was what id consider small, there was Possibly 25 thick cut chips in the bowl x

Hi,

I work at wetherspoons so if anyone need to know anything I am happy to help!

On my break I usually have skinny chicken burger with no bun. Or jacket potato with 5 bean chilli (butter comes in pots so no need to ask for no butter) make sure you ask for no nacho's though unless your okay with the syns (6 syns)

any questions go to my food diary :)

xxx

Back