Wetherspoons

The chilli with rice and tortilla chips on red is 29.5 syns!
And 6 syns on extra easy and green (used to be 4.5, where have the extra syns come from!?)
I assume that most of the syns in this meal come from the tortilla chips. The jacket potato with chilli works out at 1.5 on green and ee (without butter and dressing.)

Hope this helps :)

I HAVE A QUESTION!
I have just been checking out the syn values for some Wetherspoons vegetarian meal options. And APPARENTLY- vegetarian sausages, chips and beans are only 4 syns per serving!
I know baked beans are free, and the sausages can't be too bad- but ONLY 4 SYNS? Can this be true?
:O

Circes said:
Sorry but it will be a lot higher if there are chips involved so dont get your hopes up

The only feasible thing is that a portion of chips on their own are 6 syns. So if the portion served with the meal is smaller then it could work...

Just going back to the steak and jacket potato myth.......(briefly)
(I went last night, had steak, jacket & salad) posted in the what's for tea...and got some comments about the ... "it's not free, the syns book shows 24-45 depending on which choice" , and "think it's the way it's cooked"

I appreciated the comments, which were made in concern and for all of the right reasons, and completely without judgement....I've always taken as free, or syned if butter/dressing used.....

Well, If you take a look at SW online -

8oz Rump Steak, all visible fat removed, per serving free/free/14.5
Jacket Potato, no butter or salad cream, per serving free/15/free
Side Salad without Creamy Dressing, per serving free/free/free

Of course, I went EE :D

Hope that helps everyone !!!

Wooo just got home from a lovely lunch at Wetherspoons (veggie roast) to find that it was 34 syns not counting half a yorkshire pudding and a couple of roasties. Eek! I kind of feel it was worth it though because I haven't been out with my partner for so long and it was yummy. So I've gone way over syns and will then have to claw a bunch back from the rest of the week. Wondering how much success people have had with 'counting down' syns. I've never done it before and I know you're not meant to but if I count the whole week at 15 per day I have 12 per day for the next 3 days and I definitely won't use that many. Worth looking at it like that? Or should I claw back calories by cutting free foods too? Thanks xx

Aaargh, try again. Just deleted my reply.

I would say just start again. You enjoyed the meal, it was a one off. Just carry on with the rest of the week as you normally would. I find when I try and drastically cut back to make up for a minor wobble that's when I'm liable to really fall off the wagon and binge. Don't cut back on free food, just carry on as you would a normal week but try and stick within your syns ;)

I HAVE A QUESTION!
I have just been checking out the syn values for some Wetherspoons vegetarian meal options. And APPARENTLY- vegetarian sausages, chips and beans are only 4 syns per serving!
I know baked beans are free, and the sausages can't be too bad- but ONLY 4 SYNS? Can this be true?
:O

I was going to ask about this, I'm going on Saturday and will probably go green was thinking of having the 5 bean chilli as I've had it before and its yum. But depending on how I'm feeling might go for the veggie sausages, chips and beans. It could be true depending on how they cook their chips and how big the portion is, if they have oven chip rather then frying them the syns would be lower or if its a small portion like you said.

Slimming world don't get their syn values from nowhere so surely there is a good chance its only 4 syns :/

As for on a red day, I know the chicken breast and pepper skewers with piri piri sauce are only a few syns, depending on how much sauce you add yourself...but I'm not sure what they come with.

Unless you get a salad with no dressing it is harder to do red days then green or ee when eating out

When I go I normally have the 5 bean chilli with a jacket or rice and give the OH my tortillas (sometimes :p)
However I am going tonight and seeing as I had chilli at home last night going to try the new Piri-Piri chicken skewers
According to a feature on the SW website The skewers and salad is free and then its just 1 syn per tbsp of peri sauce, which you add at your own will.
Hope its as good as it sounds :D

HELP! On SW online it says a BBQ chicken Melt w/ jacket potato and DRESSED salad its a total of 28 syns.
If I undress the salad that's minus 3.5 syns apparently. And then I havent had my HEX A, could I deduct 5 syns for the cheese? That still leaves 20? HOW!? xxx

HELP! On SW online it says a BBQ chicken Melt w/ jacket potato and DRESSED salad its a total of 28 syns.
If I undress the salad that's minus 3.5 syns apparently. And then I havent had my HEX A, could I deduct 5 syns for the cheese? That still leaves 20? HOW!? xxx

I don't understand that to be honest :/

I love the sweet chilli noodles for only 1 syn, although I normally have chicken with it but I've now heard that is 10 extra syns?! Anyone know anything? :)

I've just returned from a meal at Wetherspoons. I had the chicken skewers and they are luvverly! Was a bit naughty and had chips instead of a jacket but it was worth it. The chicken skewers were nice and chunky and the piri piri sauce had just enough of a kick. This will definitely be my new regular at 'Spoons. Nom nom!

I went to 'spoons on Friday and had the Salmon Fillet with hollandaise sauce, jacket potato and salad. I asked for the hollandaise on the side and it came in a pot, the dressing for the salad came in a pot too. And the butter came in portions and not on the potato. I didn't touch either sauces:angel09: I picked that as I had read a a guide to food optimising on the slimming world website which states

Salmon fillet with jacket potato and salad. Wetherspoons obviously had slimmers in mind when they created this dish as it’s fabulously Food Optimising-friendly. The menu description states there’s no butter, dressing or hollandaise sauce – all sneaky sides that add Syns.

It also states a Jacket Potato with beans is free!

http://group.slimmingworld.com/useful-features/wetherspoons.aspx

Back