what a revelation!

jessicacaca

So, I'm trying this new amazing concept. Some of you might have heard of it,
It's called Only Eating Til You're Full............
I have always eaten massive huge portions and would never dream of giving myself a smaller plate than my husband, and I have always cleared my plate regardless.
So I am tackling my greed along with my weight!

Yes. That's a good point actually, I have done lots of diets where you can eat unlimited amounts of certain foods.
However, have just spent 6 weeks doing the Cambridge diet so my stomach should have shrunk.
See I say all that, I have just eaten my whole bowl of chilli and rice......... x

I totally agree whenever I did slimming world I would put so much weight on as soon as I slipped off the wagon because I was used to eating so much. It just creates bad habits.

Big fail today on the portion control. I seem to think I am an 18 stone rugby player.
Must try harder tomorrow!!

As in kitchen scales? No but I think I need to get some!
I am way under my calories still today but that might be the problem, I'm so starving by tea-time I feel like I could eat a horse! x

So you've still got calories left for today? Eat them if you're hungry :) I've only got some crappy mechanical ones but they do still help :) I am going to get some digital ones though as my current scales only for 5g graduations and digital scales do 1g :)

Yeah, I'm going to get some digital ones. And I'm not hungry anymore, that's what a giant size portion of chilli does for you! xx

Have you tried using a smaller plate or bowl?? sounds daft but it's worked for me and others on here..

Good luck :)

Hi littlesis,
Doesn't sound daft at all, its one of the things I just know I should do.
Thanks x

A lady at work gave me this titbit a year or so ago, and I've always used it when cooking/eating meals with my boyfriend:

For portion sizes, he has two-thirds, and you have one-third.

Always works for me. It's SO easy to end up eating the same portion size as a bloke, but we really don't need that much!

Cherry_Pie said:
A lady at work gave me this titbit a year or so ago, and I've always used it when cooking/eating meals with my boyfriend:

For portion sizes, he has two-thirds, and you have one-third.

Always works for me. It's SO easy to end up eating the same portion size as a bloke, but we really don't need that much!

Good tipp

I also don't eat a lot of carbs like rive and pasta anymore because you get so little for your cals!

Back