What an eye opener

Thornhill Cate

50+ and fabulous
I carried my son up to bed earlier, not something I usually do because he's now too heavy. I suddenly thought to weigh him and he weighs 4st, the amount I still have to lose. It's really brought it home to me how much extra weight I'm carrying round and what a strain that must be putting on my heart and joints. If you feel OK generally, apart from feeling fat that is, it's easy to ignore how heavy your extra weight really is. He thought it was hysterical that I had to lose his entire body weight to get to where I want to be. If you can, without getting arrested, try picking up a small child of the equivalent weight to what you need to lose. It'll open your eyes.

I have to lose the around the same weight as my daughters and they are 12 and 13, hell of a scary when you think about it.

Well get this for scary to be at my "ideal weigh" i would have to lose my 27 year old sister! :( fortunatly im not that ambitious and will be aiming for 4-5 stone. Madness! X

I know what you mean, this happened to me two weeks ago. I was packing Paul's suitcase for him to go skiing and his baggage allowance was 20 kilos, so we weighed it and it came to the same amount of weight that I have lost! And I could barely bloody lift it......how could I have put that much strain on my poor old joints? No wonder I've had to have a new hip! It wasn't just the weight it was the volume, I know that a suitcase of clothes looks a bit different to 40lbs of flab but it's still shocking.....

Hi JellyBelly, so you suffer from 'skinny sister' syndrome too. I feel for you.

I only have full figured brothers lol,,,never had a sister to compete with !!!!

Back