What are you doing now and what should you be doing?

I'm supposed to be working, my boss is selling part of his business & I really should be getting that prepared for him.

But instead I can't concentrate, my FiL passed away very suddenly last Wednesday I keep thinking about family issues which are upsetting me. I thought I'd come on here to take my mind of things a little.

I'm sat pumping milk for my baby....it's 04.23! I should be asleep!! TMI sorry!

Nics.ck said:
I'm sat pumping milk for my baby....it's 04.23! I should be asleep!! TMI sorry!

Not at all, but if baby doesn't wake at this time, expressing now will mean you will always need to ifswim?

Not at all, but if baby doesn't wake at this time, expressing now will mean you will always need to ifswim?

I'd just fed him and put him back to sleep...I give him expressed milk in a bottle due to early latching on issues...he's nearly 5 months now! I only pump in the night if he wakes me otherwise its agony in the morning! Got it down to 4-5 pumps per dat so doing well. This website keeps me busy during those hrs when I have to sit still!!

Happy Holidays said:
I'm supposed to be working, my boss is selling part of his business & I really should be getting that prepared for him.

But instead I can't concentrate, my FiL passed away very suddenly last Wednesday I keep thinking about family issues which are upsetting me. I thought I'd come on here to take my mind of things a little.

Hugs you. So sorry for the loss of your FIL. At times like this its best to not worry too much about what you should be doing and just allow yourself to absorb what's happened with all the conflicting emotions that go along with it. Thinking of you. Xx

Hi Happy Holidays,

My sympathies. I just learned that the father of a friend just passed away unexpectedly. I asked another friend how he was... and she said, "Not good. His father's birthday was Friday, he got a new axe for chopping wood for it. Went to chop wood the next day and had a heart attack!" Now the friend is out of town helping his distraught mother get things sorted.

I hope that your OH and the rest of family adjusts this loss soon.

Mel

P.S. Are you still maintaining? Kudos if you are -- that has to be th hardest thing (keeping it off).

I should be doing housework, etc. I just got back from my piano lesson, so I am going to have my MAM (mix-a-mousse) -- then do some chores, practice my piano, run errands... or may just fritter the day away on the internet! ;)

Hugs you. So sorry for the loss of your FIL. At times like this its best to not worry too much about what you should be doing and just allow yourself to absorb what's happened with all the conflicting emotions that go along with it. Thinking of you. Xx

Thank you, yes conflicting emotions, that's exactly what is happening with me right now.

Hi Happy Holidays,

My sympathies. I just learned that the father of a friend just passed away unexpectedly. I asked another friend how he was... and she said, "Not good. His father's birthday was Friday, he got a new axe for chopping wood for it. Went to chop wood the next day and had a heart attack!" Now the friend is out of town helping his distraught mother get things sorted.

I hope that your OH and the rest of family adjusts this loss soon.

Mel

P.S. Are you still maintaining? Kudos if you are -- that has to be th hardest thing (keeping it off).

Whilst we were at the hospital waiting for him to pass, everyone brought food in, which consisted of white barms, brown bread sandwiches, cakes, biscuits, full fat coke, and bananas. I made sure I only had the bananas & ate as much as poss when we went home to change. And I've not had too much alcohol, so overall I think I'll be ok. I normally WI on a Thursday so will be back at class next week without fail.

It's a difficult time for all the family as he was MiL's main carer, so we now need to sort out how she will manage when she gets home as well as all the other things. Fortunatley he made a Will which makes it easier.

Anyway on a brighter note I do feel better today, I'm a happy positive person & hate (I know not a nice word) feeling how I did yesterday. Time is a great healer.

Hi Michelle,

I am glad that today is a better day for you.

Mel

I'd just fed him and put him back to sleep...I give him expressed milk in a bottle due to early latching on issues...he's nearly 5 months now! I only pump in the night if he wakes me otherwise its agony in the morning! Got it down to 4-5 pumps per dat so doing well. This website keeps me busy during those hrs when I have to sit still!!

Sorry, can't help myself sometimes! I need a mantra of 'must not give unwarranted advice'! Well done on persevering x

Sitting on my bum on the sofa flitting between being on here and reading twilight on my kindle. I should be doing some uni work but my daughter has been ill alot lately n this morning was another of them morning so I'm sooooo tired.

Instead of making notes on the light-dependent stage of photosynthesis (cyclic and non-cyclic photophosphorylation - yawn!) I am sitting on here and on Facebook. I'm not feeling particularly productive tonight as I'm sooooooooo tired :(

Sorry, can't help myself sometimes! I need a mantra of 'must not give unwarranted advice'! Well done on persevering x

It's fine....it was nice you took an interest! Sounds like you've either been there or you know what you are talking about! Any advice is always welcomed on the learning curve that is motherhood!!

Morning All -- I am drinking my coffee and thinking: Practice my piano? Do some planned fitness (not done any all week)? Take the vacuum I bought last night out of the car and vacuum the entire house as it soooo needs it? Do some laundry (I'm a little behind)? Ironing (I have a mountain)? Other housework, (also way behind)? Run some errands (I have so many to do)? Make some calls (needed)? -- Nah... I'm going to scan some diaries and then FORCE myself to do something productive... (I hope)!

Almost sunny in Cambs -- fingers crossed!

Mel

Back