3. Dancing
  4. Joining A Gym
  5. Exercising at home
  6. Cycling
  7. Jogging
  8. Other - tell us below:)

3. Dancing
5. Exercising at home

Sadly for me, because I've just moved quite far from where I was, I am not teaching any classes at the moment so I've gone from 13 a week to NONE. So I'm practising in the basement, teaching my classes to myself in the mirror. Sad, sad.

And let me tell you - just before Christmas is a terrible time of year to stop exercising! :eek:

Ooh, shouldn't resistance exercise be one of the options?

3&7
I'm still going to Jazzercise (first class back last night and it was fab! Missed it soooooo much over Christmas!) and I've signed up for the British 10k London Run so I'll be training for that too!
This year I'll be the fittest I've ever been! :D:D:D

Walking, Jogging and Other (Horse Riding). I'm an endurance rider so riding makes up the majority of my exercise, and I think its the reason I've enjoyed good losses too! In a short endurance ride, my pedotmeter clocked up over 27,000 steps - so no wonder!

3. Dancing
5. Exercising at home

Sadly for me, because I've just moved quite far from where I was, I am not teaching any classes at the moment so I've gone from 13 a week to NONE. So I'm practising in the basement, teaching my classes to myself in the mirror. Sad, sad.

And let me tell you - just before Christmas is a terrible time of year to stop exercising! :eek:

Ooh, shouldn't resistance exercise be one of the options?

LOL! DO you call out instructions to yourself too? :)

Dancing, Gyming, Running for me. :D

LOL! DO you call out instructions to yourself too? :)

Sure do! I hope to be teaching again next month if possible, so I need to keep my hand in, so to speak!

Gonna join the gym to do all of the above, and have started yoga.

Plus I am finally light enough to start horseriding again, so as soon as I have some spare cash I will take that up.

Here's to a fit 2008!

Leesy
xox

Other.
im part of a team that plays a sport called camogie. its an irish sport and is the female version of hurling. (thats hurling, not curling!) training for it is very intensive, a lot of jogging (bout a mile and a half every session, to warm up) then lots of drills and more running. its the fastest ball game in the world so u need to be fit and quick and last year i was neither! this year i hope to be more of an impact and on the field more than im on the bench!

I'm booked in to do the Manchester - Blackpool cycling event in July. This is a 60 mile route and as from the 19th Jan I and a group of other people (who are all fit cyclists) are going into group training for it. I was meant to be getting some miles in over the last week (most I've ever ridden is 6!) but I'm off work with sinusitis and chest infection so haven't done any up to now --- hopefully will go tomorrow.

I'm also going to go back to the gym as from next week and get back into the routine of aqua-aerobics and pilates, both of which I love doing but have let them go for months - but hey, new year new me :)

Delli - camogie sounds fascinating but totally scary! Keep us posted as to how you get on with it.

I chose:

> Swimming
> Walking
> Dancing.

I'm going to aim to go swimming AT LEAST once a week, hopefully twice. I also intend on taking up salsa dancing at uni, if I can get some info on it etc.

Also, trying to up the amount I walk!

5, 6 and 8 - physiotherapy exercises at home, mini-cycle at home, and Tai chi for arthritis DVD.
Hoping to gradually increase what I do to actually build my fitness instead of being so darn lazy.

I love salsa. It's VERY VERY energetic though. I sweat like a pig.

I love the gym.. only just returned after a 3 month break 'cause of health problems..so taking it slowly for now... will be walking more, and hopefully running again soon:D

xxx:)

As you already know I'm seriously impressed with you!

I go to the gym and am trying to do a bit more walking. We try and go for a little walk every night or sometimes I walk home from work which takes about 45 minutes. It's good because I get to avoid my pupils' on the bus and I bring a lot of books home so I'm carrying extra weight - I figure that must help burn more calories, hehe.

Hi Delli, where in Norn Iron are you from? :)

Other.
im part of a team that plays a sport called camogie. its an irish sport and is the female version of hurling. (thats hurling, not curling!) training for it is very intensive, a lot of jogging (bout a mile and a half every session, to warm up) then lots of drills and more running. its the fastest ball game in the world so u need to be fit and quick and last year i was neither! this year i hope to be more of an impact and on the field more than im on the bench!

Wow! Camogie - class -you're gonna be superfit! SOme of those girls ar like big gorgeous amazons - Id love to be able to play a team sport(have never been able to -too afraid of gettin hit! lol)

I'm walkin to and from places as much as possible now, and I've started having a wee crazy dance session at home. It sounds a bit wick I know but I get the kids up and we all fall down sweating and laughin so its good. I'm joing a boxing training class on the 28th jan and joining 'Curves' this week so I'm really trying to incorpprate exercise into my new lifestyle. Its not just about being skinny.

Good luck. :)

Back