What are you planning for Christmas? STS? Gain? Go off the rails?

It's the lead up to Christmas that I find hardest, the staff night out, workmates bringing in chocolates and mince pies. Relatives who insist who getting me chocolates even if I tell them I'm on slimming world.
I will have Christmas day dinner with all the trimmings as its Christmas! But will need to be careful in the lead up. Mr willpower will have to sit on my shoulders.

I just think I'm good most of the time, I can let myself go at Christmas, holiday, birthday :) I bet we can do Christmas with minimal gains! I certainly don't plan on binging like I did last year (I did expect more than 2lb I ate that much) cos I just felt ill! X

Yeah I try not to go completely crazy when I have off plan days/meals now. I try and use the measuring stick of is it what a 'normal'(non slimmer) person would do and if so it's ok now and again.
Lots of normals do go over the top at Christmas too but I think what I also have to be aware of is the results of such occasions can hang around longer with me than others and I have to be prepared for that x

Quite glad we're not allowed work xmas lunches this year!

Will go out for xmas lunch mainly veggies & a nice desert

Will be stocking fridge as normal for week. Asking kids not to get us chocolate/wine type pressies - instead popcorn & light mini bottles if they want to treat

Always loose over xmas. . Always skint by then so limited shopping! ! Was recovering from surgery last year so looking forward to being well for this one :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah I try not to go completely crazy when I have off plan days/meals now. I try and use the measuring stick of is it what a 'normal'(non slimmer) person would do and if so it's ok now and again.
Lots of normals do go over the top at Christmas too but I think what I also have to be aware of is the results of such occasions can hang around longer with me than others and I have to be prepared for that x

Ill use that tip too! Asking myself if normal. I'm going to ask for no chocolate please! Cos I only binge on it like a shark on a feeding frenzy. That's why I felt sick last year. Like proper waves of nausea it was! We normally have bacon/sausage butties for breakfast, so we will just be buying sainsburys bgty sausages and bacon, wholemeal buns. And Christmas dinner I always like to have Yorkshire puddings and proper chipolatas. And I have to have Christmas pudding and sauce! If I just have those then I always have turkey sarnie on the night for supper lol I am determined not to binge on chocolate though.

I'll probably have my mince pie fix on xmas eve, always go to my boyfriends house for his and his brothers birthday tea and his mam does a lovely Christmassy buffet. I just enjoy it all and have no problems getting back on plan so why not x

Somebody said to me yesterday - oh this is a strange time of year to be trying to lose weight, u are only going to beef up over as new year anyway...

Surely it's better to have lost and gained than just keep gain gain gain every month till January?!

Somebody said to me yesterday - oh this is a strange time of year to be trying to lose weight, u are only going to beef up over as new year anyway...

Surely it's better to have lost and gained than just keep gain gain gain every month till January?!

That is so true. I am hoping to get to target by Xmas and then if I put on I will still bein the 10s surely that is better than starting the year in the 11s?

That is so true. I am hoping to get to target by Xmas and then if I put on I will still bein the 10s surely that is better than starting the year in the 11s?

Agree!!! To me this makes perfect sense! Then can say when u feel a bit chunky that you are the same weight you were 4 weeks ago haha!!

This year my sister is coming to mine for Christmas dinner, this morning she said to me what are we having for Christmas dinner? Then followed it up with, I arent eating quorn and salad! I said it will be a normal Christmas dinner. Then went through the magic of slimming world and frylight!

This is going to be quite the test for me as really its license to binge like I used to. I like the idea of a "normal person" and what they would do. Like those ***** bracelets...we could have "WWANPE" (what would a normal person eat) although having a bangle that pretty much advertised you need a wee (have to say the acronym like a word) may not catch on.

Anyhoo I am going to have Xmas day and Boxing Day off plan but its a test to see HOW off plan. It's like an alcoholic "just having the one drink. Can I do it. How far have I really come??

Hey the system starred the word that relates to the alleged son of a deity. Why for so? I mean the thread is about Christmas after all!! How odd!!

Im going to stay on plan over Christmas. My intention is to have just 5 syns a day for the week leading up. Then that allows me some wiggle room :) will be with my family for Christmas day and the other side for boxing day.
Newyear period requires more planning as I have guests for a week so will need to be very organised. Would be happy to maintain between last group on 22nd and first one after newyear but going to try for a loss :)

Hahahaha I am very up for wearing one of those bracelets! It's definitely my new mantra!

I'm going to have christmas eve to boxing day off and then new years eve off. Although I don't think my conscience will allow me to go completely crazy. Very much looking forward to a mince pie, chocolate and cheese! Oh and PROPER roast potatoes.

Just hope I can keep my gain to no more than 2lbs so it's still manageable for me to lose in a week or two. :)

I've been thinking about this too. It's my first ever SW Christmas and I have a lot of weight to lose so, on balance, I think I'd rather just stay on plan for the week (I'll only get the bank holidays off from work).

Our Xmas lunch is always pretty much healthy anyway - we don't have starters or pudding and I'm more than happy with new potatoes instead of roasties :) It's just a dinner at the end of the day and part of my personal SW journey is to stop looking at food as a treat (not that I can't enjoy food but I need to stop giving it such importance).

My additional 'issue' is that since starting SW my severe IBS has simply vanished :D It's obviously to do with my cutting out either bread or limiting fats/processed sugars but I'm not sure which and, to be honest, I'm not in any great hurry to find out by re-introducing them over Xmas and then feeling really shitty (pun intended ;) lol )

Great post MollyMolly! I see we have similar stats/goals. Congratulations on your great start and it's so encouraging to hear that your IBS has done one and you are feeling better in yourself. Good luck!

I have a similar plan for Christmas, I've only got the bank holidays off too so every other day will be just the normal routine for me (including enjoying the quieter mornings in the gym - the calm before the January storm :eek: )

We will be lunching with our friends who run the local pub, joining their family meal after they've closed following lunchtime Christmas Day madness. The licensee's mum, who cooks the lunch, does roasties TO DIE FOR, but I'm hoping just to restrict myself to a couple and use the rest and my yorkie to trade for the kids' veggies that they won't eat! It kind of makes it a bit of a game to see who can do the best deal - I'll see your stuffing ball and raise you a pig in a blanket... :p

And obviously it's a free bar too, so there's plenty of temptation there although I think I am a converted former-drinker now so not likely to go mad. Likewise New Years Eve, I had a totally sober birthday and felt ridiculously proud of myself, so I might try the same thing for New Year.

I'm just going to stay focussed on where I am now and remember how fat and horrible I felt last year. :sigh:

We chatted about this last night at group, we are going a SW xmas dinner/night out on the 6th December thennn I have a do the week after then works dinner/outing the week before xmas, we always go out with friends on xmas eve, huge family dinner on xmas day and night out on boxing night .... this sounds stressful enough without the actual stress of christmas, plus we are in the middle of buying a house, which the agent expects us to have the keys 2nd week in December!

I don't think I can cope even reading this:)

Plan to be back on track between Boxing Day until NYE .... WI is xmas eve and NYE so we have moved them about to suit everyone so we don't have to do it those days :)

Our W/I is usually on a Wed, so we've moved them to Monday for the Christmas period. Up to W/I on 23rd I will be on plan as normal. W/I on 30th might be a bit gruesome but I am determined to go. Whatever the scales say (hoping to keep any gains to a minimum), I've 9 days to get back on plan before the Wed W/I resume again on Jan 8th. After a week of relaxed eating, my tummy will be more than happy to go back on plan 100%... rich food is not my friend any more!

During Christmas week itself, I don't mind relaxing my food for dinners, lunches etc, but don't want to slip into picking at sweets between meals just cos they're there. Also, with being off work there is no excuse for not getting some Body Magic in, which will make me less inclined to eat rubbish anyway.

Love Christmas, bought some new decorations yesterday, feeling festive!!

Love the 'trading' idea MaccaMarsh .... I'll see you your Low Low Cauliflower Cheese for a Linda McCartney onion & rosemary pig :D lol

Thankfully one thing I don't have to struggle with is alcohol. My body just doesn't metabolise alcohol properly, so even a tiny glass of wine will literally send me to sleep within 10 minutes (to the point where I couldn't stay awake if my life depended on it) so I haven't had a drink for years and genuinely don't miss it.

Well done you on your 5st+ loss!! That's hugely inspiring and even more of an incentive for me not to go off the rails just because it's Christmas! :)

Last Christmas I was 4 months pregnant so this Christmas I intend to enjoy all the things I couldn't last year. Pate, champagne, liquor chocolates, baileys, mulled wine, Brie and mousses!

If I get to my mini target which is 1stone 1lb away I will fully enjoy!!

Last Christmas I was partially on plan and ended up with an overall loss of 0.5lb which I was really happy with. I did have a few treats but mainly stayed on plan. I also won slimmer of week the week after Christmas as I was the only person in my group who lost anything so won by default lol. ;)

This Christmas I may or may not still be pregnant - baby is due on 14th December so if I go late I could still be pregnant on Christmas Day! So I have no plans for Christmas at all yet, there doesn't seem to be much point in planning anything until I know what's going on and I can't even think about whether I'll be on plan or not.

Honestly though, all I really want for Christmas is a healthy little baby. And as an extra bonus I should get a nice weight loss over the festive period lol!

If I do have the baby on time though there is only one other little thing I want for Christmas - a cheese board! I am missing stilton and brie so much and I want a big plate of stinky cheese, crackers and chutney ;) So baby weight aside, can't see me losing much this year! x

I tend to stay on plan as I do every Christmas, but I will have syns. I don't think it's too difficult for me to stay on plan as I buy all the food & drink we have, so if I don't buy it we can't eat it. I will buy Christmas treats, such as pringles, nuts, meringue, cream, custard, whiskey, sherry (far too many syns though).

I put my chocolates into 5 syn bags as soon as I can, that way I stay in control even after the festive period & the bonus is I'm still eating Christmas choc in Feb sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back