What are you planning for Christmas? STS? Gain? Go off the rails?

its my birthday on the 21st, so I am off plan on that day, off plan for xmas day and new years eve, all the other days I will stick to plan. I want to be able to enjoy xmas, and with all the family together, all we do is eat and drink, I don't want to deprive myself and resent SW so 3 days off over 2 weeks is perfectly acceptable I think.

My plan is 5 syns a day for week leading up to WI on the 23rd then on plan until dinnertime on the 24th, a few treats Xmas Eve, a day off plan on Xmas Day and a flexi syn Boxing Day limit of 30 syns then back on plan! xxx

My plan is to just try and make good and healthy choices, i'll let myself have a few treats but i've asked people to not buy me any chocolate/sweet related presents because if I have them in the house then I know I'll eat them.

Not going to put too much pressure on myself though because after all, it is Christmas! xx

Christmas might be a good time to flexisyn.
Are we allowed to give ourselves a couple of hundred syns for one day? lol

Knowing how long it would take to loose any xmas pounds I deffo will be enjoying oodles of fruit & veg.. asking for sw stuff and no choccie. Light wine welcome :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last Christmas I was partially on plan and ended up with an overall loss of 0.5lb which I was really happy with. I did have a few treats but mainly stayed on plan. I also won slimmer of week the week after Christmas as I was the only person in my group who lost anything so won by default lol. ;)

This Christmas I may or may not still be pregnant - baby is due on 14th December so if I go late I could still be pregnant on Christmas Day! So I have no plans for Christmas at all yet, there doesn't seem to be much point in planning anything until I know what's going on and I can't even think about whether I'll be on plan or not.

Honestly though, all I really want for Christmas is a healthy little baby. And as an extra bonus I should get a nice weight loss over the festive period lol!

If I do have the baby on time though there is only one other little thing I want for Christmas - a cheese board! I am missing stilton and brie so much and I want a big plate of stinky cheese, crackers and chutney ;) So baby weight aside, can't see me losing much this year! x

Missy I can't believe you're due so close to Christmas! Being six months gone then was hard enough for me last year! Really do not miss waddling around in the snow!

Fingers crossed your bundle of joy arrives before! Chances are they will cos they usually only let you go 10 days over before induction and I can't see them booking any in for xmas eve!

Missy I can't believe you're due so close to Christmas! Being six months gone then was hard enough for me last year! Really do not miss waddling around in the snow! Fingers crossed your bundle of joy arrives before! Chances are they will cos they usually only let you go 10 days over before induction and I can't see them booking any in for xmas eve!

Better than being due middle of summer, I couldn't hack that! Being six months pregnant in the summer was awful :/

They've told me it'll be 12 days over (must be different in different places) which would take me to Boxing Day! Can only hope they'll do it earlier but we'll see! Fingers crossed he's already arrived by then though :) xxx

Better than being due middle of summer, I couldn't hack that! Being six months pregnant in the summer was awful :/

They've told me it'll be 12 days over (must be different in different places) which would take me to Boxing Day! Can only hope they'll do it earlier but we'll see! Fingers crossed he's already arrived by then though :) xxx

Yeh, my sister had her lad in July and she found it tough going. Fingers cross he arrives before!

i'm aiming to stay on plan over Christmas and new year, hoping to lose what i would in an average week... to be honest christmas dinner is probably one of the healthiest meals I have all year, we usually buy so much veg we either forget to put it on or run out of hob space lol!

I've not really had chocolate or crisps since starting SW as i found it was easier to cut it out and i certainly don't miss them, so I don't want to go down that dangerous track, as i know where it will lead me...! As for alcohol, i plan on staying away from that... but I think i'll tackle that one as it comes!

Depends on where I am - if I'm at work it will be very easy to stay on plan. However I might not be at work so will be with my mother for the first time in a few years which means a good feed :) then off to oh's parents in the Middle East, which will deffo be a good feed :eek: so yes I will be gaining weight at Christmas :/

I'm going to do a bit of everything I think. Determined not to go totally off the rails, but if I want a drink and a mince pie then I am going to have one. I will exercise loads over the festive period and will cook a lot from the Christmas cook book as well. I expect I will gain and thats ok because I know as soon as I get back on track the weight will come off again but I want to enjoy Christmas as well.

Somebody said to me yesterday - oh this is a strange time of year to be trying to lose weight, u are only going to beef up over as new year anyway...

Surely it's better to have lost and gained than just keep gain gain gain every month till January?!

That is exactly why I have decided to start SW now and not in January! The rate I was eating I would've gained a stone by Christmas and then another half a stone over the festive season!

I want to lose a good 10lb before Christmas gets here and also I'm hoping that will urge me to not waste all the hard work and not go mad over Christmas.
I love Christmas, the whole lot. I'm going to bake mince pies etc this year so going to try and find a low fat healthier version. Also I'm doing all the food on Christmas day so I will have control over what I'm eating and how it's cooked. Just need to be conscious of it all. Not nibble through the cashew nuts and chocolates like I normally would!

I'm not looking to gain, or even let loose until christmas day, and even then I won't be indulging. I will probably have a lot of veg and lean meat, probably a yorkie pud and some mash. I'm staying clear of the chocolates and snacks though.

I hate new year and don't go out so not a problem :)

Back