what are you reading?

I'm a chic lit lover! Reading 'Something from Tiffanys' at the moment. I have just downloaded 'Dear Coca Cola' though on your recommendation, the reviews on amazon were really good!

sareypoop said:
I'm a chic lit lover! Reading 'Something from Tiffanys' at the moment. I have just downloaded 'Dear Coca Cola' though on your recommendation, the reviews on amazon were really good!

It's hilarious!

Hope you enjoy it! xx

Ah! I love the tent the bucket and me!! She has a new book out too, can't remember what it's called but I need to get it! So funny!!

Have just finished the Game of Thrones series, waiting for the next book, TV series was cracking. Stick with the books they do ramble a bit and take you off on loads of different tangents, but you should enjoy.

Love that you are an eddings fan I have read these series numerous times and love to go back to them every couple of years.

I've just bought book 2, book 3 -part 1 and book 3-part 2 and am looking forward to getting stuck into them.

I love love love David Eddings I revisit the Belgariad, Mallorean, Elenium and Tamuli at least twice a year. I don't think i'll ever get sick of reading them. It's like seeing old friend when I read those books :D

xx

Just finished them myself a few weeks ago!! Love them! :D

Finished the Southern Vampire Mysteries yesterday. They are delightful little morsels, but nothing near as wonderful as the likes of books where authors take the time out to invent a whole new world to explore!

I'm another 'Song of Ice and Fire' addict! I absolutely adore the books, getting up to the end of the fourth one at the moment and got the fifth one lined up waiting to go on my reader. Such rich character development, I love getting my teeth stuck something meaty like this series. I thought that they did such an amazing job with the TV show, can't wait for the next season.

Have also read SVM (or SSN) books - I have such mixed feelings about that whole thing that I don't know where to start expressing them....:eek:

My son loves his fantasy books, his favourite are the Eragon books, would David Eddings be a good read for him? He likes long books with sequels; Epics?

Started the series 'A song of fire and ice' by George RR Martin after finally getting round to watching Game of Thrones.
So i'm on Book 1 - 'a Game of thrones' and it's amazing. If you like the fantasy genre you'll adore this (it almost beats out my all time fav author David Eddings).

And at work (lunchtime) i'm reading 'How to be Woman' by Caitlin Moran which is part autobiography part feminist rant part observational and very very funny.

xx

I have just recently read Game Of Thrones, Great TV show but even better book, I got the film tie in book so print was quite big, I have the second book ready to read but the print is tiny so it's putting me off

At the moment reading The Hijack by Duncan Falconer which is a easy read action series, Really just filling times with easy books till The Affair by Lee Child is out.
Non fiction wise I have just ready The Good, The Bad, The Multiplex by Mark Kermode which I loved

Have been reading a lot of autobiographies lately. Finished the Ant and Dec one. Patrick Swayze. One about Champagne Charlie (prostitute). Been reading Percy Jackson books with my 9 year old. The author was at his school so he has a couple of signed copies.

I've just finished The Snowman by Jo Nesbo on my kindle, great read

The cases that haunt us, it's by an FBI profiler, Jack the Ripper, Lizzie Borden etc. Love true crime books!! Bit of an amateur Ripperologist lol

tara40 said:
Have been reading a lot of autobiographies lately. Finished the Ant and Dec one. Patrick Swayze. One about Champagne Charlie (prostitute). Been reading Percy Jackson books with my 9 year old. The author was at his school so he has a couple of signed copies.

You need to read the Graham Norton one! I've never laughed so hard in my life!!

Modarella said:
The cases that haunt us, it's by an FBI profiler, Jack the Ripper, Lizzie Borden etc. Love true crime books!! Bit of an amateur Ripperologist lol

Iv read this too, though it was a while ago. Found it extremely interesting.
Current reading touched by angels by Peggy Webb, though I don't know how much longer I'm going to be bothering though!

My son loves his fantasy books, his favourite are the Eragon books, would David Eddings be a good read for him? He likes long books with sequels; Epics?

David Eddings would be a great read for a young lad. Start with the 'Belgariad' it has a young lad - Garion as the main character and the book follows his development, easy to identify with and great supporting characters, follow on with the 'Mallorean', it continues his story, 10 books in total, keep him quiet for a few weeks.

Last edited:
This week, I've decided to go back and read The Furies of Calderon, by Jim Butcher, as I never did get to the sequel, and now that I have them all, I find I need to be reminded about events in the first one.

I desperately miss Westeros lol, let's hope the next installation isn't 5 years in the making!!!

Back