what are you reading?

I'm.waiting for the affair by lee child to drop through my door. I so enjoy the Reacher books and can't wait to get started on it.

They have a new kindle coming out soon...£89 compared to £109! Woo! xx

i know...every day i ask my boyfriend if we can order them yet....we have to get 2 so the other one doesnt get jealous! lol.

unfortunately we need to get our boiler replaced 1st. prob get the kindles for xmas

I'm not sure i'd ever want a kindle. I like the feel of having books in my hands. Also i've always dreamed of having a house full of bookshelves. You can't do that with a kindle...

xx

reading 2 at the moment, serious reading feel the fear and do it any way and for pleasure i have just started A tiny bit marvellous by Dawn french

love reading and am contemplating a kindle for christmas but think i would miss actual books !!

Im reading Martina Cole - Faces at the moment, just started good so far!! Have read almost all of them! Love her think shes brill although im running out of books...anyone know any authors alike?

I'm halfway through the 3rd book of a 'song of fire and ice' tis very good... it's keeping me guessing and not doing what I expect it to do :D

Then in my drawer at work I have Lionel Shriver, 'So Much For That' - haven't started this one yet.

xx

Stackhead said:
I'm halfway through the 3rd book of a 'song of fire and ice' tis very good... it's keeping me guessing and not doing what I expect it to do :D

Then in my drawer at work I have Lionel Shriver, 'So Much For That' - haven't started this one yet.

xx

Do you not find the print a tad small in thr fire and ice books? It's putting me off starting the 2nd one

Noddynoobs said:
excellent series of books....makes you wanna keep turning that page!

Indeed that's the downside I get through them in no time. Such a brill read.
I can't believe Tom Cruise is playing him for One Shot its just so wrong

Do you not find the print a tad small in thr fire and ice books? It's putting me off starting the 2nd one

It's a little bit on the small side yeah :D but i'm so used to it now everything else looks really big...besides if the print wasn't so small, imagine how big the books would be!! They're already fairly hefty to begin with!!!

Don't let the print put you off, the books are awesome.

xx

Shirleen said:
I think I'm alone in not liking A thousand Splendid Suns!

Yes you are..... Weirdo! :p

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I'm not sure i'd ever want a kindle. I like the feel of having books in my hands. Also i've always dreamed of having a house full of bookshelves. You can't do that with a kindle...

xx

The reason I'm having a kindle for christmas is that my parents are sick of my library of books taking over every room in their house ;) When you houseshare you can't drag about a thousand or more books with you! xx

The reason I'm having a kindle for christmas is that my parents are sick of my library of books taking over every room in their house ;) When you houseshare you can't drag about a thousand or more books with you! xx

im having a kindle for xmas as i read soooo much, and im planning to work my way through all the cheap/free books first! of which there are thousands!

i also have a small house and lots of books everywhere!

We bought our house because there is a room that we could fit bookshelves into wall to ceiling!!! Sounds fancy but it was a 6 foot by 4 ft cupboard now it is home to my collection( almost 1500)!!! And hubby's prized Stephen king collection he has everything he's ever written all the movies etc! I can go in there and not reappear for days lol!!!!
I am reliving my childhood and reading all my famous five secret seven etc at the moment!!! Have just read a few Jodie picoult and needed light relief lol!!!!

i've always dreamed of having a house full of bookshelves. You can't do that with a kindle...

xx

Says who? Just because you have a Kindle it doesn't mean that you never buy or read a 'proper' book again.

I'm not sure i'd ever want a kindle. I like the feel of having books in my hands.

xx

I used to feel exactly the same but now I adore my Kindle and wouldn't be without it. I bought a cover for it so it feels just like holding a book in your hands. Without one it feels quite cold and sterile.

Another vote for Karin Slaughter and Tess Gerritson here. Also like Kathy Reichs, and I loved ther earlier Patricia Cornwell stuff, but think that the later books were a let down.

Back