What are you using your syns on today?

1teaspoon of cornflour - 1syn
Mini twister - 2.5 syns

And might have a nice hot choc with a kitkat for 7.5syns when im watching trash TV later!

WI day today and thinking of treating myself to a milka with dime when I get home (12 syns) also having blackbean sauce with dinner (1.5 syns)

Butter - 2
Nutella - 2
Kinder bar - 3.5
Cookie - 5.5

:)

Ooh and a tsp of honey in jasmine green tea! Haven't had dark choc in ages, sounds heavenly...

Ooh and a tsp of honey in jasmine green tea! Haven't had dark choc in ages, sounds heavenly...

It has been lovely. If your willpower allows it just get yourself a good quality dark chocolate bar and take one or two squares each evening. Apparently, a small amount has health benefits (1 square is enough for that).

Give it a try and savour it. You know you're worth it!

Bossman

Yeah I know that it is recommended to people with ME or CF that a small amount can help alieviate symptoms, but also helps just anyway - like a glass of red wine a night helps lower cholesterol and lowers the risk of heart disease!

Which brand do you get and how many syns? I find it impossible to find syns for just *chocolate* - they're all for branded things like milky ways, kit kats etc... :)

Laura94B said:
Yeah I know that it is recommended to people with ME or CF that a small amount can help alieviate symptoms, but also helps just anyway - like a glass of red wine a night helps lower cholesterol and lowers the risk of heart disease!

Which brand do you get and how many syns? I find it impossible to find syns for just *chocolate* - they're all for branded things like milky ways, kit kats etc... :)

Really? I've never heard this

I had some from Thorntons but like Cadburys Bournville too. The figure below was quoted to me but please check it first with your consultant or use the syns calculator online.

Bournville Chocolate Bar, under 99 calories 17.5g bar, = 5 syns

Bossman

Thank you for that :) will defo have another look round for other chocolates :)

And yes to the really - the studies and research for the effects of dark chocolate on ME were with a relatively small sample of people but they did find some positive effects and some doctors recommend it to patients with ME or CF :)

just realised only spent 1 syn today on hp sauce - normally have around 6-10 syns in my meals so this is a first! I could have had a couple of hifi bars 6 and a highlights 2 for supper :) but as it's almost bedtime I shan't bother now!

Laura94B said:
Thank you for that :) will defo have another look round for other chocolates :)

And yes to the really - the studies and research for the effects of dark chocolate on ME were with a relatively small sample of people but they did find some positive effects and some doctors recommend it to patients with ME or CF :)

Great news I'll go stock up my cupboards thanks ;)

atm been 4.5 syns on a horlicks made with hot water not milk

Back