What are your NSVs

Hedgehog

Gold Member
Ok so we're all watching the scales like hawks but there are other rewards that we get from losing weight that are not scales related

So what are your Non Scales Victories

• The arm of my glasses no longer look like they are beaten into my skin and there is now a gap between my glasses and the side of my face (they do tend to fall off now when I lean over but I can live with that :))

• I can walk at a decent pace without feeling breathless after 20 paces

• My size 16 trousers need a belt to stay in position and people are starting to comment on that fact

• I am comfortably wearing a size 14 on the top

Oh I have several of these

1 I can walk further than 200 yards without crippling back pain and being out of breath

2 I can pretty much run up the stairs without having to stop at the top and feeling like I'm about to have an asthma attack

3 I'm in a size 22 on the bottom, 22-24 on the top, from a size 28-30

4 I can sit in seats that have the table attatched without being jammed in or having to sit sideways

5 I only take up 1 seat on the bus instead of the whole 2 seats

6 My son can get his arms to meet in the middle when he hugs me

7 My feet have got smaller, I've gone from a size 9 to a size 8

8 I look and feel younger, I have more energy

My husband can pick me up and I now weigh less than him!

I have only been on a VLCD for two weeks but I can feel such a difference:

1) I am soooo full of energy
2) I have lost 5 inches from my waist already (yeha) my size 18 clothes are getting soooo loose.
3) My skin is glowing from all the water I am glugging.

There is only one downside for me...constipation.

my boobies no longer look like twin babies in bonnets :D

(more like spaniels ears now)

LOL at Spaniel Ears Diva!! I know exactly what you mean!!

Things I class as my victories on CD are
  • LOVING the sunshine. I used to live in dread of a heatwave!!
  • Being able to buy clothes in 'normal' shops in a 'normal' size!
  • Not taking up more than half of the bus seat and not worrying about being able to fit in seats (including plane seats!)
  • I'm much more positive about things in life and in a generally good mood (most of the time!!)
  • Enjoying exercise (Nearly 6 stone off does make moving about easier)
Great thread!!

Kj xxx

Spaniel's ears...that is a classic and yep, I've got two of them as well. My CDC put it nicely in saying "the poor little devils haven't got anything to hold them up as your belly is gone.."

apart from that here it goes:

size 16 now rather than 22/24
went on a trip the other week and where the seat belt on a plane would usually just fit I had a foot and a half of belt left over. I was laughing hysterically and the poor woman next to me thought I was weird. Then I put the table down, and up, and down..just because I could...she was panicking at that stage....
A lot of people comment on how much I've lost (5 stone in total...:D)
Still got about 41/2 stone to go but it is the best thing I have ever done...
Walking is so much easier, I do situps and crunches and pressups and I'm loving it...

That's my half penny's worth..

xxx

clothes shopping can fit into 18 and 20 now woohoo from a 26!! Both times I have went away this yr plane belt has actually fitted me woohoo i didnt need extender that felt fab :) I dont get out of breath as much as before.

I'm lighter than my 6ft 5 husband (we originally weighed the same but I'm 5ft 2 - eek)
I can lie on my stomach comfortably
None of my 18's are tight anymore but my 12s are a bit tight!
x

i like these posts!
I now weigh a lot less than my husband
I can do a lot more excercise
I look like a trendy mum, instead of the frumpy mum I was.
I dont snore any more (according to dh!)

I am for the first time in many many years enjoying the summer. I don't feel hot and bothered, I can buy the pretty dresses and skirts that I used to envy others for wearing and I feel feminine.

xx

I'm lighter than my hubby too, for the first time in about 15 years.

I'm much happier.

I'm not the fattest in my group of friends anymore.

There's probably loads more but that's what comes to mind straight away.

I am for the first time in many many years enjoying the summer. I don't feel hot and bothered, I can buy the pretty dresses and skirts that I used to envy others for wearing and I feel feminine.

xx

That is such a lovely post..... pretty dresses and 'feeling feminine'...
Wow, that has just struck me with a thump. If that is not inspiring Georgie, I don't know what is......

Wowsa! WTG girl!

Mikki xx

• wearing a size 16 trousers for the first time in years (from a 22/24)
  • holding my head up - to show that I no longer have 6 chins
  • cycling with my girls
  • trampolining and not giving up after one minute
  • swimming and feeling good about it
  • looking through the sales rails and finding stuff that is TOO BIG for me - oooh the delight!
  • having more energy
  • having to buy new suits for work :D
  • feeling more confident about EVERYTHING (my ability to do my job even - which is a wonderful side effect)
  • my children praising me for losing weight (golden)
  • BELIEVING that I can get to goal for the first time EVER on any diet
  • feeling much healthier and happier in myself
That's my contribution towards the list - great post BTW

Be gorgeous everyone

Mikki xxx

Being able to have the plane table down and 4 inches gap rather than it being have way down resting on my stomach.

Being able to feel bones in my body that I never knew existed!

Not feeling the need to wear a cardi/coat to cover up in the hot weather.

Helenx

What a wonderful thread.
So many things I'm looking forward to being able to do, thankyou everyone on Minimins for giving me the inspiration to do this !
:)

I've only been back on in two weeks, but a skirt that was tight in the waist is now spinning on me, early days but his is my first victory :) x

Same sort of stuff as everyone else...can feel comfortable in summer clothes and can shop in the high sreet
Loads of energy and skin looks great.
Feel confident and more attractive

Great post! I don't feel as if my size 16 jeans, skirts, bra and tight are cutting into me anymore. This is incentive for me to stick at it (as well as Porgeous's fab photo updates on her signature!!)

Back