What are your reasons for losing weight?

I'm getting married next year and I don't want to be a fat bride!! I feel amazing already and I get excited every week I go to the weigh in cos i cant wait to see how well i've done. WW is amazing - I can't believe how easy I'm finding it!

So i can feel like ME again!!:cry:eek:ver the past four years after having my son! i've gained nearly 4 stone!! :cry: so just decided enough its time to feel nice about myself again.. gain some confidence back! so here iam on the ww diet and im loving it!!:D and im 6lb lighter already!!

for the past year i'v known im up weight but was just ignoring it then my friend said she was getting married and i said no way am i getting into a lovely dress this size,,so started dieting myself then joined ww,,she go married a month ago and i'm still losing weight,,people keep saying what you doing it for now,,i say i'm doing it for me!!!

I can relate to every single comment made here. I recognise myself in everything that has been said, confidence, health, being able to buy cheaper clothes, blending in, embarrassment. For me, when I initially started this thread, it was like facing up to my fears. I have always ignored my thoughts and feelings as I didn't like what I saw. As I said, no photos of me exist in the house as I didn't like what I saw, and if I didn't see it, I didn't need to worry. I know the problem won't go away and it was up to me to change my eating habits.

I have more confidence now. I am on a journey and I am halfway there. We are all on this journey together, but what I needed to do was to face up to the truth and admit to myself what my fears were and how I truly felt. I've now done that and don't feel embarassed about what I've written as I know I am not alone.

Thanks guys, you're going to make my journey that bit easier as I know I have you with me every step of the way x

Initially it was because I couldn't walk around without getting out of breath - I denied that it was due to my weight for so long, and because I wasn't fit, but since I've lost nearly 4 stone things have improved.

I wanted to change my life for the better and to stop being the "fat" friend.

I want to have more confidence to do things.

I want to be able to go into ANY shop and not have to worry whether my size is there.

I want to look slim and beautiful for my boyfriend.

I want to BE slim and beautiful for my boyfriend when we get married :)

xxx

Thanks for starting this thread Kay, it has really mad me think and you are so right, it had made me face what I fear. Which I need to do. I am getting less mobile, I am. I can still do everything; the shopping, stairs, walking etc.. but it takes more out of me than it did and I get a lot more aches and pains now. I am over 50 and if I don't sort it now then I know I am going to be very sorry.

This thread is great, I feel such a connection with all the people on here who have voiced what getting the weight off will mean to them.

I would like to be happy and confident in myself. I used to be slim but not happy always trying to achieve a completely ridiculous goal!! I'm a bit older and wiser now so I dont want the world, I would just like to like me when I see me from all the angles in the shop changing room!!!!!

i want to have confidence and not go out wearing something that i think is nice and then when im out i think people are thinking 'oh my god what does she look like' :)

Back