What are your weekly shop essentials?

Felix

Gold Member
Hello! I am going to my first meeting tomorrow evening and I'm going to go food shopping straight afterwards so would like some help if poss :)

What are your essential WW buys when doing your weekly shop? I really want to plan our meals and snacks for the week so I know what to buy.

What bread should I buy? What cereals are low points? Can I have pasta, potatoes and rice? What about sauces from jars? Is there a certain brand of yoghurts which are best? Sorry about all the questions!!!!!

If anyone can give me some nice ideas for breakfast, lunch (things I can take to work that don't require cooking or heating up) and dinner and any snacks i'd really appreciate it :D

Fruit and veg are free so I usually stock up on those. I also love Hartley's Low Calorie Jelly (0 Propoints for 1 pot), Pink 'N' Whites (1 Propoint for 1, 3 Propoints for 2), Fox's Milky Moo Malted biscuits (1 Propoint each) and skimmed milk.

If I think of anything else I'll post again.

I buy lots of fruit and have zero points smoothies every morning...pineapple strawberry and banana is amazing!
Also always get butternut squash as you can make zero point chips/roasties out of it!
Also fry light is A MUST- oil is not worth wasting points on!
Treat wise- curly wurlys, mini milky ways and mini crunchies are all great for low points!
Good luck!X

Great thanks :D I love fruit so I'm really glad it's all free. What sort of thing would be a good snack? Maybe crisp breads or Melba toasts with one of those individual light philly pots? I'm a bit stuck for quick breakfasts too!

VeggieAnna said:
I buy lots of fruit and have zero points smoothies every morning...pineapple strawberry and banana is amazing!
Also always get butternut squash as you can make zero point chips/roasties out of it!
Also fry light is A MUST- oil is not worth wasting points on!
Treat wise- curly wurlys, mini milky ways and mini crunchies are all great for low points!
Good luck!X

Thanks! What do you put in your smoothies? Sounds like a great breakfast. I'm going to start making a list now :)

I like crackerbreads which are low, most plain cracker type things are!
Most bagels are about 6 pp, which is nice with light philly for breakfast..i tend to just have toast and a smoothie on the side to fill me up! oats so simple is also quite low especially with skimmed milk!

As for the smoothies i usually put in a combo of strawberries, bananas, pineapple and any other berries/soft fruits. I just add water or ice to keep them zero points but you could add a bit of fruit juice for a couple of pps...they are honestly so tasty- i could never be bothered to eat all that fruit but it fills me right up and is a good way to get in a few of the 5 a day!

VeggieAnna said:
As for the smoothies i usually put in a combo of strawberries, bananas, pineapple and any other berries/soft fruits. I just add water or ice to keep them zero points but you could add a bit of fruit juice for a couple of pps...they are honestly so tasty- i could never be bothered to eat all that fruit but it fills me right up and is a good way to get in a few of the 5 a day!

Great, thanks! I will try one :)

It's important to healthily and not starve yourself. I love salads and fruits so I buy lots of 0 pp food items.

My weightwatcher essentials are:

WW Mango & pineapple yoghurts - 1 pp
WW PORK SAUSAGES - 1 pp each ( do check points for multiple, 2 sausages are 3 pp)
WW pasta sauce - 2pp (tomato based r lower)
WW strawberry jam - 1 pp
WW petite pains (roll) - 3 pp
WW soups - 2/3 pp (make ur own for 0 pp)
Babybell lighter - 1 pp per bell
Heinz Mayo light - 1 pp (15 ml)
Tesco lighter choice chips
Any medium brown bread - 2pp 1 slice (5 pp for 2 slices)
Philidelphia extra light - 1 pp covers 2 slices
Pasta - always weigh & calculate after cooking.
Cous cous - yummy!! 130grm cooked aprox 5 pp
New potatoes - healthy option and easy to control weight.

I agree about Warburtons wraps for pizza's!! Yummy!

Good luck!!

As been said fruit and veg. Most are zero add to meals to bulk it out. Replace your usual chips with roast butternutsquash. Mash I replace with mashed cauliflower sounds rank but is actually really nice.

For breakfast I have either 1 sachets plain oats simple 3pp with a yoghurt I use ones which are 2pm each mixes together then add 0pp fruit. It's so yummy. Or branflakes 3pp for 30g and yoghurt and fruit. Cooked breakfasts are easy on ww too. With nimble wholemeal bread, mushrooms, turkey rashers/bacon medallions and ww beans!

Lunches I tend to have wraps I use ww ones I forget the pp value,..or nimble bread with wafer thin ham, or cooked plain chicken breast and rocket and sometimes a low laughing Cow cheese triangle! I have toaster bags with you put your sandwich of choice in and make a yummy low pp toastie :)

Dinners I eat alot of turkey breasts, chicken breasts, aunt bessies yorkshire puss are 1pp for one, have with an average size roasted chicken breast, mashed cauliflower and 1 serving gravy and you have a yummy low pp roast diner :) soup is good in points too. and for times when you can't cook have some ww ready meals in the freezer... Bulk them up with veg!

Snacks; meringue nests 1pp for one, multipack Quavers, any of the ww snacks, cadburya fudge bars. Most poundlands have loads of ww stuff for a pound ha so I'd def check that out.

Hope This ramble helps ha

Thank you that's really helpful :)

Do you think I'd be ok low carbing in the evening? As in I'd have say chicken and veg for my tea in the evening? I'm so used to not eating carbs that it makes me really bloated if I eat them at night. I'd probably have a wrap or sandwich for my dinner at work so there will be some carbs in my diet.

I'm the same with carbs I find I get bloated so easy. I don't really eat alot of pasta, rice. Potatoes for that reason. I usually have bread lunch time and then typical dinner is chicken and veg. Or if I know say I'm going to have a carb filled dinner if I have to eat out r something il have soup or a salad or stirfry for my lunch. Just arrange your intake how you feel best, if it doesn't work you can change the second week. My first week I didn't touch my weeklies and this week I have tried to eat a few and tomorrow il see how that goes! If the scale doesn't show a good number il cut down on the dailies!

It's really adaptable this pro points plan, I dont feel at all deprived and it's really easily adapted to your own personal lifestyle. I mean before when I went on a diet I would be so strict and lose for a week then go on a binge rampage for snacks and proper food but with ww I eat food I like, snack ad I also went to nandos on my first week and lost 4lbs it is amazing :)

Thank you that's really helpful :)

Do you think I'd be ok low carbing in the evening? As in I'd have say chicken and veg for my tea in the evening? I'm so used to not eating carbs that it makes me really bloated if I eat them at night. I'd probably have a wrap or sandwich for my dinner at work so there will be some carbs in my diet.

I'm sure low carbing would be fine. Thats the great thing about ww, you can really have what you want as long as its under your points allocation! :)

Warburtons Sq Wraps (4pp)
Babybel Lights (1pp)
Hartleys NAS Jelly (0pp)
Light Mozzarella (between 1&2pp for a 40g portion)
Fry Light
WW Ham (1pp for 60g)
WW Bagels (4pp)
WW Yogurts (I buy the 1pps)
Philadelphia Extra Light 55g Pots (1pp)
Philadelphia Light Garlic & Herbs (1pp per 30g serving)
Basic Salad Stuff- at the minute Tomatoes/Radishes/Cucumber & Lettuce (0pp)
WW Wraps- either these or Warburtons Sq Wraps- both great!!! (3pp)
Crumpets (5pp for 2)
Tuna! (2pp for a 56g can)
Hellmanns Light Mayonnaise (1pp a tbsp or 3pp for 2 tbsp)
WW Thick Sliced Grained Bread! (2pp a slice or 5pp for 2)
EL Minced Beef (6pp for 125g raw or 6pp for 140g cooked- great for burgers!!!)
Spices and Condiments- i.e. Heinz BBQ Sauce or Mustard (both 0pp up to 30g serving)
Cornflakes!!!! (3pp for a 30g bowl)
Asdas Wholewheat Muesli (5pp for a 40g bowl- but yummy!!)

Hope this helps!!

Ruth
x

Back