What can I try?

Taz

Spam Hunter
It has been suggested that, as I am scared of new foods, I try something new every week. This week it will be the can of chickpea dahl that is sat in my cupboard and looking sideways at me everytime I open the door.

Can you wonderful people suggest foods (preferably free foods) for me to try and I will pick one every week and report back what I think of it

Thanks peeps x x

ooo look I appear to be stalking you! Not sure what is free on SW but how about Lychees, a lovely sweet fruit?

Gx

Oooh I think they are free! I have seen them before but never been 'brave' enough to try them! What do they taste like? I like most fruit. They come in tins don't they?

You can get them in tins or fresh (which are nicer me thinks). Fresh ones come in a shell that you have to peel and they have a big black stone in the middle. Hard to describe the taste, they are very sweet and juicy with a slightly aromatic taste to them.

Gx

Hi Taz, have you tried Heinz Mean Beanz, i love them on a green day. The flavours that are free are:
Italian, mexican (my favourite) and sweet chilli. Makes a change to ordinary beans. xxx Loobylou

Hi Taz, have you tried Heinz Mean Beanz, i love them on a green day. The flavours that are free are:
Italian, mexican (my favourite) and sweet chilli. Makes a change to ordinary beans. xxx Loobylou
I hate beans! I've never liked baked beans but Mr Taz lives off them! Good idea though but I KNOW I wouldn't like them. What else have you got?

ooo look I appear to be stalking you! Not sure what is free on SW but how about Lychees, a lovely sweet fruit?

Gx

ewwwww i hate those things.

how about spinach? you could make a (ready for the spelling to go all wrong) Cannalloni with passatta quork and spinach......how does that sound?

ewwwww i hate those things.

how about spinach? you could make a (ready for the spelling to go all wrong) Cannalloni with passatta quork and spinach......how does that sound?
Is that free? I've never 'liked' spinach. What I mean by 'liked' is that I've never really properly tried it but it's green!

Spinach doesn't taste of much to me, add it into pasta / curry etc. It always makes me full healthy as a HUGE bag will go into a medium sized pan of curry etc.

Ok I need to make a list now. A week starts on Sunday:

This week: Chickpea dahl
01/06/08: Lychees
08/06/08: Spinach
15/06/08:
22/06/08:
29/06/08:

What about Butternut Squash if you're not already a fan? Different seafood or fish? Jerusalum artichokes?

Lychees are absolutely delicious - I ate 1lb of them a day when I was travelling in India! Tinned ones won't count as free food.

I've heard BNS talked about alot in class but never tried it. How do I cook it? What do I do with it?

I don't like fish or seafood AT ALL!

This week: Chickpea dahl-Heating up now
15/06/08: Butternut squash
22/06/08:
29/06/08:

Butternut squash can be used the same way as potatoes, but it's sin free on both days. I use it mashed with swede and carrots, roasted in chunks or cut into wedges/chips.

Bit of a bugger to get used to preparing, but i find it easiest to remove the skin with a peeler then cut the top bit off, cut the bulbous bit at the bottom into half and then remove the seeds. For years I used to cut the skin of, but it took forever!

Ok well I really don't know! I had the dahl with my wedges and it was really nice to dip the wedges in. I'm not sure about the consistency of the chickpeas, they've got the same kind of feel as baked beans which I don't like. I don't think it helps that I am absolutely stuffed so I couldn't finish it and it felt like hard work! I will definately buy it again but I will probably have half the tin and put the other half in a pot in the fridge.

This week: [STRIKE]Chickpea dahl[/STRIKE] will get again
15/06/08: Butternut squash
22/06/08:
29/06/08:

Back