What can we eat outside of shakes?

I'm on Day 3 and I'm a little confused so I have some questions and i was hoping you could help me out.

What brands of mouthwash can we use?

Can we eat pepper and salt?

What teas can you drink?

Should the teas be in a teabag or in leaf form?

I am sorry these probably sound like really stupid questions but I have heard differing reports on all of these things so I just want to be sure.

Thank you

there is no such thing as a stupid question. its a big learning curve for all of us at the begining. i am not too sure of the answers and i know someone will reply for you.

i dont think you can have salt - not sure about pepper.

dont think it makes a difference re teabgs or leaf

think mouthwash is listerine

as i sais someone who is more definite will reply. good luck in your journey. nremember no question is stupid. the chances are someone else has previously asked it anyway

no such thing as a stupid question.

and i didnt know about the whole mouthwash thing.... so thanks for asking that question.

i just had blonde brainwave....what about toothpaste:eek:????

You can have pepper but no salt, you can also have a bit of chilli if you want. Any LEAF tea is allowed, nothing made from berries or flowers. Some teas include: white tea, redbush tea, peppermint, nettle, normal tea. Im pretty sure toothpaste is ok so long as you dont eat it!!!

Im pretty sure toothpaste is ok so long as you dont eat it!!!

Im gutted now i love to chew on a tube of colgate minty fresh :p;):D

Sorry :)

Regarding the 'leaf' thing - just in case there's any confusion. Any tea you have must be made from the leaf of the plant - ie you can't have tea like cammomile (sp?) which is made from flowers or rose hip which is made from berries but you can have things like peppermint, nettle, green (with no other flavouring in), redbush (rooibos) or anything made from leaves but it doesn't have to be in leaf form, it's okay if it's in a teabag.

You can have Listerine (original only), Listerine strips or Oraldene. There may be others as well but I'm definite about these.

You can't have salt and the pepper question is debatable. Many of us have been told we can and have had it with no apparent adverse consequences. Others have been told that they can't have it as it comes from berries. I'd say if you can do without it do so - just in case - but if you can't stomach the soup without it then have a bit and see what happens.

And like everyone has said - there's NO such thing as a stupid question! :) x

I'm on Day 3 and I'm a little confused so I have some questions and i was hoping you could help me out.

What brands of mouthwash can we use? Any mouthwash that has no alcohol content, Listerine strips are brill if you can find them.

Can we eat pepper and salt? No salt, pepper is fine, it has done me no harm at all.

What teas can you drink?

Should the teas be in a teabag or in leaf form? Tea is fine as long as it is LEAF tea and not tea made from berries, leaf tea can be in a teabag form or loose

I am sorry these probably sound like really stupid questions but I have heard differing reports on all of these things so I just want to be sure.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum and best of luck on your journey.

Does anyone know if lemongrass tea is ok??

Just wondering as its allegedly a leaf?

My understanding is that the leaves are cut off as they're bitter and it's the stalk that's used to make the tea.

I might be wrong but I wouldn't chance it myself just in case. x

Thanks Jan,

I just googled but its not entirely clear. Would ask in the phamacy but at the mo I am getting a young girl who is only recently trained and driving me nuts.... LOL

Made my appointment for tomorrow at 10.30am but got a text today telling me its at 12.30............. I cant do that!! I know where it went wrong as I watched her put it into the computer at 12.30 but she said she would change it..... Arghhh

Thanks Poppy

there is no such thing as a stupid question. its a big learning curve for all of us at the begining. i am not too sure of the answers and i know someone will reply for you.

i dont think you can have salt - not sure about pepper.

dont think it makes a difference re teabgs or leaf

think mouthwash is listerine

as i sais someone who is more definite will reply. good luck in your journey. nremember no question is stupid. the chances are someone else has previously asked it anyway

Thanks Pizzle84

Getting sick of the shakes already !

You can have pepper but no salt, you can also have a bit of chilli if you want. Any LEAF tea is allowed, nothing made from berries or flowers. Some teas include: white tea, redbush tea, peppermint, nettle, normal tea. Im pretty sure toothpaste is ok so long as you dont eat it!!!

i really couldnt stomache the soup without adding somthing, and i was told salt is ok, so i put loads in one of them, how will this affect my diet?

Thank you very much Jan.

That is very helpful. I am delighted I found this website at least now I feel like I have lots if support and I think that may be cruitical to my success.

Thanks very much

Regarding the 'leaf' thing - just in case there's any confusion. Any tea you have must be made from the leaf of the plant - ie you can't have tea like cammomile (sp?) which is made from flowers or rose hip which is made from berries but you can have things like peppermint, nettle, green (with no other flavouring in), redbush (rooibos) or anything made from leaves but it doesn't have to be in leaf form, it's okay if it's in a teabag.

You can have Listerine (original only), Listerine strips or Oraldene. There may be others as well but I'm definite about these.

You can't have salt and the pepper question is debatable. Many of us have been told we can and have had it with no apparent adverse consequences. Others have been told that they can't have it as it comes from berries. I'd say if you can do without it do so - just in case - but if you can't stomach the soup without it then have a bit and see what happens.

And like everyone has said - there's NO such thing as a stupid question! :) x

It's good to ask questions Bridget so keep on asking!!

Good luck on LT, stick with it 100% and the results are amazing.

Loads of salt is bad for you even if you are not on lipotrim : (

Back