What causes you to go off plan/binge?

The only times I have been completely off plan, was/is when I attend(ed) do's or parties :(
I'm dreading all the summer do's coming up soon, I am simply weak and can't/won't say no to a nice pint or cocktail when I'm out.

I've just realised that when I'm essay writing for university I tend to sit and eat whilst doing it, I used to eat a share bag of m&ms but now eat sugar free sweets and fruit, but I still eat a lot! God only know what I'll be like in my final year because the second is bad enough!

For me I go off plan when I've been so busy at home or work and just don't feel like I've got enough brain power to get a dinner organised, so I opt for something easy.

My other time is when im nearing my big food shop, my fruit bowl and fridge are empty of super free foods and I'm feeling like my sw efforts are minimal. With this combination I feel like I've failed and then start allowing the syns to slip. Next thing I know I've had too many syns and gone off plan.

I now try to head these off with pushing myself to cook regardless and making sure that I have frozen veg so I can do my 1/3

I was thinking earlier about what causes me to go off plan and/or binge. I realised that there's a variety of reasons but the most common one being, as odd as it may sound, that I get a random thought pop into my head that I want to eat a lot of food and that I should buy a pack of donuts, for example. Usually, there really is no reason for it and is literally a thought that pops into my head that I dont fight, I just go along with it. It's as though in the space if one second I can go from doing really well, totally in the dieting zone, and then a flick just switches and I want to go food crazy. I never thought I did, but I do use food as a comfort. Sitting and eating a packet of cakes does make me happy and I wish it didn't.

What causes you to binge, or go off plan, and what do you do to try and prevent it?

Oh we sound so alike!

I can be fully 100% on plan and focused and then I'll drive past a shop and a food pops into my head and before I know it I've pulled over and am in the shop buying it. My head screams 'what are you doing?!' but it's like I have a split-personality and I buy it, scoff and then spend the rest of the day either beating myself up about it or continuing the binge.

I happens sometimes when I'm at home in the evenings if OH is out, even if I haven't got what I'm craving, II will literally raid the cupboards and binge on stupid stuff just to try to satisfy myself. Then the guilt sets in...

It's like a switch flicks and I turn into a monster, cramming food in.

If only I could find the 'off' switch...

Back