Extra Easy WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

sare2172

hi everyone i started Slimming World on Monday 4th November. I was excellent all week even writing down everything in my food diary. I was actually looking forward to my weigh in on Monday 11th November expecting to have lost, but when I got on the scales i had stayed the same!! has anyone else had this? Any ideas where I may have gone wrong ?? thanks

It would be helpful if you posted a typical days food so we can look otherwise it's going to be hard to say.....be really really specific.

I agree, put your food diary up and I'm sure you'll get some ideas! As well as the food make sure you're having plenty of water and your fibre.

If you had an ok diet before you may find the first week is not as fast as you expect compared to some other people. Or you might find the opposite - that you get a good loss next week after your body has adjusted to the big change. People's bodies react really differently to things based on a whole host of factors but if you are following the plan consistently then it's extremely unlikely that you won't lose soon.

If you have started exercise that can also cause a little jump as your muscles get used to it.

[h=3]Today's diary 6th November 2013[/h]Free Foods
fat free natural yogurt
baked beans in tomato sauce
Marmite, from the jar
salad, without dressing
Liquid stock concentrate

eggspotatoes
beefcarrots
garden peasbananas
melon, all varietiesTabasco

Healthy Extras
a 350ml skimmed milk

b 2 Weetabix

Syns
Syns
Nestle, Coffee Mate, dried
Light Cereal Bar, Lemon Drizzle with Yogurt3
Curly Wurly6
Total Syns10½

i've pasted a copy of a typical day's food intake. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Can you be more specific. We can't tell from that how much of each you had or even what was each meal? I know its a faff but we can't help if we don't know how you are eating?

Yes it helps if you can say what you had for each meal and what sorts of proportions.
So for example today I would write:

Breakfast: mushrooms and tomatoes cooked in frylight (2/3 of plate), egg cooked in frylight (1/3 of plate)
Lunch: SW quiche: boiled potato base, lowfat cottage cheese, egg, quark, tuna, loads of spinach, mushrooms, peppers (the veg was at least 1/2 the quiche)
Dinner: SW pizza: 60g brown bread roll (hexb) with 45g mozzarella (hexa) and peppers, mushrooms, red onion, plus watercress on the side (1/3 of the plate).

It is hard to know how best to write it til you know what things people are looking for but things like proportions are really important! :)

Last edited:
I havent been writing down what I have at each meal i just add to the online diary every time i eat. thats probably where i,m going wrong.

Fair enough, I find that the paper diaries also don't make it easy to write down individual meals. It's not necessarily that you're going wrong, but one of the most common problems new starters get picked up on is not having at least 1/3 superfree with each meal and superfree snacks. It's all about managing hunger. And sometimes people get confused about what is superfree (sometimes people have sweetcorn or peas which are free but not superfree).

How about you try noting down each meal for a few days? If not, don't panic yet, it could just be taking a while to see change. Some people seem to feel the effects of a good/bad week about a week later rather than immediately.

As veggies that you would have had with your meal I think that you have only put carrots and peas, peas are not superfree I dont think so you have only had carrots with one meal it appears so not enough superfree.

Back