What did you put in the basket this week?

Hi, I'm new!! So what us eligibility for slimmer of the week? Just the person that lost the most? Saw someone say if you gain your nit eligible next week?

Yeah - person with the highest loss but you have to have not gained the week before or sts either x

Last edited:
You have to be the one with highest loss but also lost the week before, no staying the same or gain.

He he he

i always try to put either a low syn treat, something free or some nice fruit in out basket! our group is in a very "ethnically diverse" part of london and i am one of few indian girls at my group, one week i put together some small containers of different spice and recipes to go with them!

This week i put an indian "kesar mango" which are lovely! fragrant and really refreshing they are sweet as well tho so not great for diabetics!

Awwww how thoughtful simmy x

Last week I put in 1.5 litres of water because it helped me get through the week and it is important to drink water , there is a mixture in our basket of fruit, pasta n sauce etc and I did notice that someone had very thoughtfully written the syn values on something they had brought. I had done the same with the Glenryck Flavoured Tuna which I had bought but had forgot n left on the side at home!!
so went to the shop n bought a bottle of water ... well I couldnt turn up empty handed and it was a sweet shop, this week im taking along a couple of Toffee mullerlights

i think i will take along a mug shot and start the change for my group lol

I try and take something different every week, last night I took a can of baked beans. I have given mugshots, pasta and sauce, alpen lights and the new kelloggs fibre bars for people who don't know about them yet!

We usually get a mixture of stuff, we've even had some lovely veggies from someones allotment! My group seems to be pretty generous we've had whole punnets of strawberries and plums donated.

One time I won slimmer of the week I did get a manky banana and an out of date tin of prunes! Bleugh!!!

Last week I put in a melon and this week it will be a pack of Ryvita original.
Sometimes the bowl looks a bit sad, but last week (we'd all been 'promted'!), there were two bowls full of wonderful stuff.
I sometimes wish that SoW was calculated on % weight loss rather than the actual numbers though..... :-D

I got Slimmer of the Week last week and got about 5 bananas (3 of which had started to go manky), 2 oranges and 3 satsumas, 2 apples (one red and one green) and a kiwi XD that made me laugh when I discovered this one lil kiwi hiding in the bottom of the bag.
Today I took along an apple, a nectarine and a plum... I didn't have much else lol and I thought it might vary it a bit more than just bananas, oranges and apples

Ours tends to vary a lot. Sometimes it will only have one thing in other times a decent selection. I tend to take things like stir fry packs, or bags of broccoli, cauli and carrots. Will be taking pot noodle in a mug tomorrow.

ours in mainly manky fruit (dp hates it when I when always say not fruit again lol) I'm trying to quietly change my group by adding something different. you see the odd highfi bar or muller in ours.
I have took cous cous, mixed herbs, face pack think i did take a bannana this week but it was fresh. gonna have a think for this week now

someone who lost only 1/2 lb more than me won it this week and i was secretly pleased cos it looked minging!

This week I took a bottle of M & S bubble bath & a humungous apple! It was in a bag of apples I'd bought & it was almost the size of a cooking apple.

someone who lost only 1/2 lb more than me won it this week and i was secretly pleased cos it looked minging!

pmsl!!!!! mine didnt look that bad....only a pear that was mega minging all the rest was good.

Next weeks mission - get a photo of your groups basket! who's with me? we need to see these terrible offerings :8855:

:8855: Does the photo need to be taken at class in the basket or if we're lucky(?!) enough to bring it home?

Can imagine the looks as we whip out the cameras in class.:8855:

Back