What did your LO eat today (weaning)

How's Hollie now cas? Teds had it too but doc said don't give dioralite it apparently don't do much, he's coming out of it now and getting his appetite back been nearly 2 weeks now :(

Aw poor Teddy, hope his on the mend then. Really dr's said not to give dioralite? to be honest most of time Hollie brought it all back up, she's not been having any milk though just cos milk makes the sickness worse. I think she's not the mend she' s seems a bit more with it and had dinner tonight and kept it down just chicken and veg. I'm not sure if it was a bug I think we're had food poisoning x

Hope ur two babies are getting better, nothing worse when their ill and you any do anything.
Going through a phase with Amelia at the mo, she is waking every night and has done for weeks and weeks, I think he is waking for her dummy but not sure, she can wake once or twice or 5-10 times some nights. We rush in her room and give her dummy and she goes back off so I have a feeling she is getting used to us going in. I bought a sleepy tot test which her dummies attach too and I have tried it last few nights. She woke once last night and I left her to cry for 5 mins and he put her dummy back in herself and went back to sleep so going to try the same tonight
Need it to stop as so tired lately

Typical man !!!! Ha

Ended up having to go in to Amelia the other night and give her dummy and she couldn't find the sleepy tot with dummy attached however last night she woke at 2.30 an found it and put it back in so she cried for 5 mins then went back off so we didn't have to go in. She been a lil Bugger today with her tantrums , trying to shop in aldi and she getting angry in trolley and throwing herself!!!! 10 months old and she startin already! Was not impressed.

Wow its her birthday tomorrow? That's gone so quick. Happy 1st Birthday to Hollie xx

Do you ladies think 50 quid is too much to spend on a birthday cake? It's two tier, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, it's already at 20% off xx

Thanks Tez,

If I was having a big party then I wouldn't mind paying that much but if it was just a small tea party then I would just buy a cake from Asda, Morrison's etc, the cake does sound lovely I'm jealous lol

We going soft play and meal out with friends for Hollie's birthday, I wasn't sure if she was going be well enough for party and the weather is rubbish at the moment, its much nicer having babies in the summer I remember that next time! x

Oh next time hey...? Lol I went for a Mickey mouse clubhouse cake for 40 quid and going to get Naomi a giant cupcake from asda for 10 quid and I'm going to make my own mini cupcakes which will spell out her name and say Naomi 1 today. Can't wait. This is the cake, and I've hired a Mickey and Minnie mascots to turn up xx

Attachments

• 1365068438781.jpg
    1365068438781.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 109
Hope Hollie has a lovely day, what did you get her in the end? Is she all better now? xx

Hi girls, how r u and all ur babies doing?

Amelia has gone through the night again the last four nights so we have energy back and happier hehe. Around 8 weeks she was waking every night and was getting very tired. She slept last night 7.30-7.40 she done brill!!!!
She is ten months old on the 12th and is having
3 7 0z bottles a day
Breakfast meal
Dinner and pudding
Tea and pudding
Snacks

When do u norm reduce the milk as she is having a lot of food now to?
And when and how do U switch to cows milk?
Sorry for all the questions but as Ftm still finding things out

hi hun just thought id jump in quickly.

dylan is 14 months and still has his morning and evening bottle. he stopped having his afternoon bottle around 10 and a half months, but was running round like a nutter by then and wouldn't sit still for it, and wouldnt drink much so i think its best to keep giving it them till they start drinking less or refuse it. i replaced it with a small snack.

at around 11 months i started giving him a cup of cows milk during the day with his lunch (just to get used to the taste), and after a couple of weeks switched his morning bottle to cows milk, then by the time he had his 1st birthday he was having only cows milk. i know lots of people just do a straight swap from formula to cows milk but i wanted to ease it in slightly. also stopped sterilizing at this time.

sorry if thats not very helpful lol, was just my experience- i was constantly asking others for how and when to do it, and for a while i was very keen to cut out the bottles but now he's a big bigger im glad he has his bottles. he doesnt really need the morning one anymore but it stops him wanting snacks before his lunchtime nap so i think ill keep giving it for a couple more months x

Thanks so much Hun what u have sed is a big help.
Amelia finishes off all 3 bottles at Mo so ill leave her a few weeks and she may start having less of her tea bottle and then maybe cut it out. Mi think what u did with the cows milk is a great idea of introducing it and I think I may try that too?

I stopped sterilising at 5 months they say sterilising is pointless once baby starts crawling and or putting things in his her mouth but it's different for each person and there's no harm what so ever in keep sterilising. Naomi has cows milk in food, I'll introduce it when she's 10 months in a couple weeks as a drink then swap completely by a year. Glad Amelia seems back is in routine xx

I think I will stop sterilising as sometimes it just adds more time.
Is it best to introduce Amelia onto cows milk when I have her down to two bottles instead of three?
Also every dippy cup I try she drinks to much and chokes every time, does anyone else have this prob?

yeah everyone says different things for sterilizing. i stopped just before he turned one, but i no others who have stopped at 6 months

i found the straw type cups were good when he struggled before going onto those free flow ones x

Hollie's still on formula I'll change her when I think she's ready I'm debating between cow's milk or growing up milk.

I have tried her with a little bit of cow's milk but she wasn't keen on it but will probably try when she's back to her normal self, she does have cow's milk with food though but if I do go for cow's milk I give it to her gradually as well and carry on giving formula for her evening feed for a little while.

I stopped sterilising her bottles around 9 months but with my other two girls I sterilised up to a year but its a personal choice xx

Back