What do we all do for a living?

I'm a self-employed translator, interpreter and general helper-outer with anything French. I live in France, my OH is French and so are my cats, who are also bilingual :D

Thats handy to know, next time my daughter is stuck with her french homework;)

Thats handy to know, next time my daughter is stuck with her french homework;)
Feel free - if I can't help I'm sure the cats can ;)

im a director of a civil engineering company doing highway and infrastructure design and on a weekend im a entertainer in pubs clubs and holiday parks as a singer and stand up comic.

I've been nursing for 23 years. Currently I'm a staff nurse in Intensive Care. We take every kind of patient. VERY hard work at times, very sad and also very rewarding. I have the added stress of taking charge of the unit too. As well as this I am mum to 4 children, 14, 7 and twins of 4. I completed my nursing degree last year and thoroughly enjoyed my graduation day!

Another student nurse here :D I finish my course on 30th July and will be a Children's Community Nurse on the 1st of August :D

Oooh I'm new to the forum and this is a really interesting thread. I'm about to qualify as a social worker and work for a children's charity :0)

I'm a senior practitioner in a drug & alcohol voluntary agency and lead on our young persons team. My background is Social Work and I have 3 kids aged 23, 12 and 6 :D

Life is never boring or 2 days the same!!

I work in a sort of halfway house for ex offenders helping them re-intergrate back into society. It's a very rewarding job :)

engineer in the merchant navy

I work in Cardiff for an Insurance company. I'm a secretary and PA and general dogsbody!!

very interesting thread which is fullfililng my nosy side!

Currently I look after a key account for a hygiene company, but in four short weeks I will be off to work in a childrens centre as a manager!

xxx

Another Legal Secretary here, part time in Commercial law.

OO I work in an insurance company in Cardiff I wonder if its the same one! CL?

x

What a small world!!! There are quite a few mind. I work for UKI opposite the Novotel Hotel
xxx

I work for the UK sister company of a Japanese Metology Measurement tool manufacturer in Sales, so basically on phone talking to cusomters and selling our stuff.. i also cover some HR roles :) and i LOVE my job " i asked for sales" "I am sales sir" "oh but your female...." wow wonder what gave it away :p

Time to bring this up to the top again. It is such an interesting thread and makes good reading. I am just waiting for a pole dancer, a stripper and a short order chef and we have the lot . lol.:)

There quite a few new members who might like to join the thread and read it.

what we do

hiya, well i don t do much nowadays, i am a retired licencee and have run pubs for 20 years. and now im a lady of leisure, i do 2 sessions a week in a charity shop when im not globe trotting, what a life:D

You all have such interesting jobs compared to mine!! I'm an assistant catering manager which is HELL as I'm surrounded by food and hardly anything healthy!! :-( I am also a qualified Beauty Therapist/ Nail Technician and Nail Art and in Sept I am returning to college PT to study Bookkeeping and accounts using SAGE so any advice on that would be fab!

Back