1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

what do you call a portion?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Louanna, 27 March 2014 Social URL.

1. Louanna

Louanna Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    So i know with rice & pasta don't need to be measured on extra easy.

But I'm just curious as to what other people call a portion.

For rice I have an uncles Bens boil in the bag portion for 1 (62.5g I think).

For pasta...just whatever looks right,

& for potatoes, 1 or 2 for dinner depending on how hungry I am. Or if it's for lunch, just one.

I'd love to hear what others think.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Llamasoks

Llamasoks Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Clean Eating
    I do a ramekin of rice and a mug (just short of) for pasta, seems about right. I know it's supposed to be 75g for pasta, but I've never bothered seeing how much that is! Having said that, with a mug I do normally have some leftover at the end!
    X

4. chocolatefudge

chocolatefudge Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.04%)
    I never measure or count how much I'm having. If I'm starving I'll have a lot, if I'm less hungry I'll do a bit less. I love pasta and slimming world chips (not together!) and sometimes feel like I have giant portions! However, the weight is falling off so I'm not worrying!

5. Louanna

Louanna Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)

The weight really is falling off you!!!
    And it's heatening to know that you're generous with your carbs.

Whats the secret?
    (I started the same week as you)

6. His-beau

His-beau Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.8%)
    Diet:
    CarbNite Solution
    I don't measure but I'm going to start I have cup measurements so probably half a cup for rice and a cup or pasta. I normally go very over the top with pasta and rice and end up overeating!

7. Theria

Theria Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7.5lb(19.91%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (Mixed R/G/EE)
    I don't measure either. For rice I have the Batchelor's Super Rice packets a fair bit (I can struggle cooking rice sometimes and I like their flavours) but I don't always eat the whole lot. I usually use them as part of a meal - so maybe make stir fried veggies and meat and mix it all together with the rice. I might eat about half that lot and leave the rest for the following day's lunch.

With pasta, I've noticed how I am using less though. I always used to measure in "handfulls". I used to have two huge handfulls of pasta and probably a few extra pieces "for the pot". It was literally as much as I could cram into my fist. Twice. And I've got big hands!

Recently I've been having two small handfulls - probably half the amount I used to eat and I've been perfectly happy with that. Mind you, I also have loads of salad and stuff under it. Maybe SW have brainwashed me? (About time! :D )

8. Gwella

Gwella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.7lb(8.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    For most meals, I aim to have 1/3-1/2 as superfree, 1/3-1/2 as carbs, and then anything left as protein or low-fat dairy.
    And by 1/3-1/2 I mean a normal plate, not massively heaped up but not stingy either.