What do you like about yourself?

Classic. Typical man then :D

I am very happy with my face and hair (when its not bloated!) if I'm honest. Cannot believe I said that, I'm usually slating myself!!

Exactly Molly -thats why I wanted this thread -we are so hard on ourselves that it can be bit odd actually finding something that we like!!! Good on ya!

Nick are you still suffering with that?! OMG!! God I hope you dont have gallstones -though once treated (i.e. gallbladder removed) you do feel a lot better. And the quicker they spot it the better because it can only get worse with time. Not to scare you or anything!

here's a wee link that might help.
Gallstones - symptoms, treatment, causes and surgery removal operation

Nick are you still suffering with that?! OMG!! God I hope you dont have gallstones -though once treated (i.e. gallbladder removed) you do feel a lot better. And the quicker they spot it the better because it can only get worse with time. Not to scare you or anything!

here's a wee link that might help.
Gallstones - symptoms, treatment, causes and surgery removal operation

yeah, i went to the doctors 9 days ago about it,the doctor thinks it may be gallstones. the hospital just rang me to see if i am available on tuesday to go for the ultrasound scan so we can find out what is going on there...i am scared:cry: but want to find out what is going on so i can get it sorted out.

The scan is easy peasy!! Just like pregnancy scans -no pain whatsoever and they can usually tell there and then but in my case had to wait on it being checked by a Doc.

The operation isn't horrific either babes, I was sore and very tired for about 2 weeks afterwards but I felt fine apart from that. Also -I lost loadsa weight cus I'd no appetite at all for about a month!! YAY!!! (shame it all came back with friends lol)

Hmm at the moment there is not one thing that I like on my body and I dont own a mirror so really havent looked to be honest. Sorry for the lack of confidence but this is due to being bullied and abused in the past....long story and I dont want to bore ya all to tears!! So anyways this is why I am here to lose the weight, build up confidence and learn to love myself again, again sorry for being on the negative side.

Stop apologising. We all beat ourselves up, thats why I started the thread. Is there nothing you can find about yourself that you like? I could absolutely cry for you...

And no mirrors? Woman, you have some serious work to do on your self esteem. You absolutely need to love yourself again. I see that you're 'soon to be mrs' - somebody loves you, its about time you accept that you deserve that love. I know what bullying can do to someone's confidence but let me assure you, it can be overcome. ANd you are already taking the first steps to a more positive, happier you by doing Lipotrim. I wish you all the very best -one day you're going to look in a mirror and see how far you've come and how beautiful you are.

hmm ok here goes ,,
i like my hair and i also like my smile cause it doesnt seem to leave me no matter how down i get :)

hmm ok here goes ,,
i like my hair and i also like my smile cause it doesnt seem to leave me no matter how down i get :)

Keep it that way! :D ;)

Stop apologising. We all beat ourselves up, thats why I started the thread. Is there nothing you can find about yourself that you like? I could absolutely cry for you...

And no mirrors? Woman, you have some serious work to do on your self esteem. You absolutely need to love yourself again. I see that you're 'soon to be mrs' - somebody loves you, its about time you accept that you deserve that love. I know what bullying can do to someone's confidence but let me assure you, it can be overcome. ANd you are already taking the first steps to a more positive, happier you by doing Lipotrim. I wish you all the very best -one day you're going to look in a mirror and see how far you've come and how beautiful you are.

I can honestly say while reading your response I have cried my heart out. At the moment I cant find anything whatsoever to love on myself, when people have put you down in the past about your weight ya begin to believe that they are right and that ya are ugly. But yes this is why I am here to lose weight and show them all that I did do it. The fella says there are loads of things that he likes about me but yet I cant see it myself. Thank you so much for your kind sentiments.

Not compliments babes, just honesty. This may be just a forum filled with ppl losing weight but there are some smart, intuitive and wonderful ppl here who may know more than you realise what you're going through. Don't be afraid to use them! You don't have to go it alone. One day you will actually believe that any prat who tells anyone that they're ugly is the one with the problem. Trust me on that one -when you are already down on yourself its so much easier to believe others over yourself...but one day you'll see. Better still so will they.

Ah Miss unknown, my skinny sister became bulamic for 17 years coz her BF's brother told her she had a big bum! There is always someone out there who will belittle others just to make themselves feel better, we have to ignore them as best we can (I know that is not easy from experience!)

Rose, this is a fab thread and I must admit, if I were asked this 6 months ago I would have replied "nothing!" If pushed I'd admit my eyes were a nice rich brown but too small and close together, and I like my freckles! However, I had to pop into town on Wednesday and I was thinking to myself that I actually liked ME! I felt good, I was wearing nice clothes, gorgeous shoes and I felt very happy. I could feel myself walking is a sassy way with my head high and shoulders back! Before LT I'd be shuffling along in frumpy clothes and flat shoes trying not to be noticed! LT has given me so much more confidence than I had before! I still have a long way to go and still hate my stomach, which is where my fat seems to have set up camp but that battle isn't over yet!

And the sun was shining here today, what more could a girl ask for?!!!

xxxxxx

Thanks everyone, well the dream of being thin is closer, had my first weekly weigh in today and lost 11lbs so I am delighted! In a few months maybe I can post something positive about myself, cheers.

Thanks everyone, well the dream of being thin is closer, had my first weekly weigh in today and lost 11lbs so I am delighted! In a few months maybe I can post something positive about myself, cheers.

Well done honey!! :D
x

FAB Thread. I think a lot of us guys have spent most of our lives hating our bodies rather then liking/loving them.

I like my eyes...they used to be nicer when I was younger, but hey ho they still look nice with make up on.

I'm liking my shoulder/collar bone area since I've lost the weight. I used to wear long sleeved tops that covered my whole upper body (and lower come to think about it), but its fab to feel comfortable wearing strappy tops....although I have to be told 100 times by hubby that I look nice before I dare venture out in it. Old habits die hard.....but I'm getting there.

Brill thread!!! I like my determination to get things done, my brown eyes and my ability to make people laugh with me not at me, I will like myself even more when the slimmer person in me steps out of this fat body suit....xx

I've always loved my eyes and teeth...but when your overweight thats the answer you tend to give....Since losing all this weight I can now say I looooovvve my waist and my hips and my butt and my legs lol I know that sounds big headed but I don't care anymore I'm glad I love myself and my fiance wasn't bothered I was overweight before but now i'm getting my figure back he's admitted to loving my waist aswell. I love that my confidence is soaring...god I sound so vain lol i'm sorry people i'm just completely high all the time now :D:D:D:D:D

Hi,
I'm another one who can't find anything to love about myself,just yet!

I am proud of myself though cos my family has had a horrendous year,losing my beautiful younger sis and mum being diagnosed with dementia in March and having to go into a care home,and I'm the only one of us who visits mum cos the rest can't bear to see her the way she is.They're loss I know,but it really hurts me when she keeps on asking for them a thousand times over cos she can't remember what I've already told her:cry:

Sorry for the 'down' post but just feeling a wee bit emotional today.

xx

Back