Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What do you love most about atkins?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by shrinkingannie, 5 October 2009 Social URL.

1. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    I love most when people offer me cakes biscuits etc. suddenly there is no hardship saying no - i genuinely dont want/crave them. I have never felt like that before - its so refreshing

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    eating loads and being skinny. :D

4. Jane-D

Jane-D Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.39%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/low carb
    Yes me too Annie, I am working in M & S at the moment and we have so many lovely desserts that I see everyday and I really have not had the urge to buy or eat them.....When cutting calories I would often sit in the evening and crave either chocolates or crisps I don't have that now....
    Love that I can eat steak, omelettes, cheese fried onions etc...and still lose the inches...

The only thing I don't like is the lack of low carb foods when you are out and about....for instance my daughter and I popped into a well know coffee shop whilst shopping as she loves their paninis, no salads at all, just sandwiches, muffins and cakes...so it was just a coffee for me....thats not Atkins, that is society..........Jx

5. morenachica

morenachica Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(28.24%)
    laura now you have made me want a steak LOL.. but the fact that you can eat is what I like about atkins..

6. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    Yeah coffee shops are a bit of a disaster but as you say its not atkins fauly

7. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    I'm like you Shrinkingannie - I love the fact that I can go and buy the kids an ice cream without looking first for the biggest, choclatiest one for me - this is UNHEARD of for me. I still go mmmmmmmmm when any advert for chocolate or cakes come on the TV but I think that's a learned response as I've been doing it for far too long (I don't really want them!) I think I'm also doing it because it's expected of me by other people so in a way, I'm becoming this self-fulfilling prophecy of myself so I don't let them down!(but I still don't want the sweeties!!)
    Love it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.