What do you love most about atkins?

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
I love most when people offer me cakes biscuits etc. suddenly there is no hardship saying no - i genuinely dont want/crave them. I have never felt like that before - its so refreshing

eating loads and being skinny. :D

Yes me too Annie, I am working in M & S at the moment and we have so many lovely desserts that I see everyday and I really have not had the urge to buy or eat them.....When cutting calories I would often sit in the evening and crave either chocolates or crisps I don't have that now....
Love that I can eat steak, omelettes, cheese fried onions etc...and still lose the inches...

The only thing I don't like is the lack of low carb foods when you are out and about....for instance my daughter and I popped into a well know coffee shop whilst shopping as she loves their paninis, no salads at all, just sandwiches, muffins and cakes...so it was just a coffee for me....thats not Atkins, that is society..........Jx

laura now you have made me want a steak LOL.. but the fact that you can eat is what I like about atkins..

Yes me too Annie, I am working in M & S at the moment and we have so many lovely desserts that I see everyday and I really have not had the urge to buy or eat them.....When cutting calories I would often sit in the evening and crave either chocolates or crisps I don't have that now....
Love that I can eat steak, omelettes, cheese fried onions etc...and still lose the inches...

The only thing I don't like is the lack of low carb foods when you are out and about....for instance my daughter and I popped into a well know coffee shop whilst shopping as she loves their paninis, no salads at all, just sandwiches, muffins and cakes...so it was just a coffee for me....thats not Atkins, that is society..........Jx

Yeah coffee shops are a bit of a disaster but as you say its not atkins fauly

I'm like you Shrinkingannie - I love the fact that I can go and buy the kids an ice cream without looking first for the biggest, choclatiest one for me - this is UNHEARD of for me. I still go mmmmmmmmm when any advert for chocolate or cakes come on the TV but I think that's a learned response as I've been doing it for far too long (I don't really want them!) I think I'm also doing it because it's expected of me by other people so in a way, I'm becoming this self-fulfilling prophecy of myself so I don't let them down!(but I still don't want the sweeties!!)
Love it!

Back