What do you think is a healthy size??

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by luckyloser, 16 March 2008 Social URL.

1. luckyloser

luckyloser Hate it but doing it!

Hi everyone,
    hopefully going to start a bit of a debate here!!

I was a 22 top and 20 bottom when i started and i always said that when i got to a size 14 regardless of how much i weighed, i'd stop, buttttt, i'm now 16 top, (it's the flooby boobies!), and 14 trouser, (12 in a skirt, just, well if i hold my breath and don't actually want to move anywhere whilst i'm wearing it and you can forget about sitting down he he he :giggle:).
    So now i'm thinking, i still have a bit to go but as the average British woman is now a size 16, what do you consider to be :airquote:healthy clothes size??
    For me, it wouldn't suit my frame to be an 8 or 10, and i think that 12 might be pushing it but are you here for the weight loss or the clothes size??
    Hmm, curious............

:girlpower:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PositiveBetty

PositiveBetty Full Member

well for me personally I'd like to be a size 12. I am happy to be a 14 but it's all too easy to slip to a 16 then upwards. So for me I am aiming for a size 12 :D

4. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I think i'd be happy if I was a size 12 or 14.

5. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    When I was at my thinnest, I was a USA size 12, which is a UK 14. That was quite slim for my heigth and build. But I would like to see if I can get in to a US 10/UK 12 - just to do it. I expect my body to settle back at about a UK 14.

I started this a 26/28. I am now wearing my smallest pair of trousers that I own and they are a 20 - tops tend to be 20 or 22.

I am not choosing a set weight or size to say I am done. i have set my goal for 10 stone, half my starting weight. But as I get closer, I may adjust that, either direction depending on what changes occur towards the end. I will be done, when I am HAPPY inside and out with who and what I am. So time will tell! But I know I will not go beyond the 10 stone. I believe that would go to far for my build and I would look unhealthy.

6. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am lucky in that I carry my weight well so I would look good in a 14 although I think I will need to be a size 12 to conform to the correct BMI.

I would be extremely happy with a size 12:)

7. Greenockgal

Greenockgal Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hiya, I started this journey as a 24 top, 22 bottom. I'm now a 16 top (those boobs again) and a 14 bottom, 12 in a skirt, same as you.

I always told myself that I wanted to be 11 stone, I'm 5"7, and I was last at that weight when I was 16. I'll be 40 in May so it's a bit of a milestone for me, although saying that, as I get nearer, I'm thinkg, should I do another half a stone or so?

I'm finding it difficult to shift that last stone though!

8. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    A 12!

9. jakkiG

jakkiG Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    rosemary conley
    have no idea what size I'll be when i get to my ideal bmi I am more influenced by that but I guess it would be a 12

10. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    I want to be a comfy size 14 but Im a size 16 now and quiet happy with how I look with clothes on just 1 or 2 areas to sort.Think as I start to go up the plans and the scary bit maintanance I will be happy to bounce back to a 16 but would like to be healthy just once lol

11. SkinkWitch

SkinkWitch I've got the power

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I'm a bit ambitious, I'd like to be an 8-10, I was before and looked really good, that's how i'd like to be again!

12. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I think I'd say that a size 12 would be a 'healthy' size for me and that's where I'd like to aim to ---- wow can't believe that I can write that and actually know it's possible :D

13. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

As I'm 5 10" I would have been happy to be a 16 but I've ended up a 12-14 which is just fine. I could never be a 10! But I think what's healthy depends on your frame and build.

14. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I would think of what looks good on you, and what is a healthy BMI. I was an average 16 (pushing 18 towards the end) and was BMI 33 which was very unhealthy.

I am now 8st7, BMI 19, size 8-10 and look a little scrawny - so I am trying to put 7lbs back on which will make me a 'nice' 10. I was aiming for size 12 - but prefer being just a little smaller as I needed the extra inches off my hips as I'm put together oddly!

15. Corey

Corey longs to be average!

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Another thread for the girls hey???? I'd like to be a size 00.

16. yoyodieter

yoyodieter Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    i would love to get down to a size 12

17. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I wouldn't say so, men have sizes too ;)

Not a good look.
    I thought for men it would be size 30-32 trousers, that is what my DH is aiming for, so I guess that is about right??

I am currently size 12 and quite like it, I do require some toning and would like to lose maybe another 7lbs, but I still have a little way to go through RTM yet.
    I am actually enjoying shopping for clothes as they have started to look nice on me, which is odd, gives me quite a surprise in the changing room mirror.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Corey

Corey longs to be average!

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I used to be a 29" waist - that was 10 years ago - if I could work out how to post a photo I'd show you all, but for my frame I looked way too thin. I'd be happy as a size 34, and think when I get to that size I would look to going onto RTM with a desire to bring it down to 32 inch waist. It seems a long way off though - weight seems to be falling of my chest, my thighs, even my backside, but just doesn't seem to be moving from my waist. it's very annoying!

20. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

a healthy size depends on your height and build and to some degree your age.

21. glitzglamz

glitzglamz Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    i'd love to be a size 10 - i'm only 5ft 2 so think a 10 would be perfect

22. Julesy

Julesy Likes being a girly girl

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I personally think a size 12 is pretty healthy, but as others have said it would obviously depend on your height and build.

I think that the average size of women being a 16 is more to do with the fact that the majority of people in this country are overweight.......sounds harsh I know, and I don't mean it to sound mean, afterall I'm now a size 18 bottom and 16 top after being a tight fitting 20 all round 5 weeks ago! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.