What do you wear

RachelN76

to go to the gym or exercise?

I've just joined the local gym, and i don't want to look stupid, but I'm a size 18-20 and I just don't fit into any Reebok, Nike stuff.
I went to Matalan today (much more me than Reebok to be honest! :lol:) but all their sports clothes are WAY too long for me. I'm only 4'11" and have really short legs.

Any ideas? I've got shorts, but that really doesn't look pretty! :lol: I don't want to spend a lot, but I don't want to look silly either.

3/4 length trousers that ary "sportyish" although i do have some jogging bottoms that were "fashion" ones if you get me? and i wear an old polo shirt! nothing fancy, just what i can move in :)

Thanks - I might try the shorts next time. After all, people should have better things to do than look at me!

I am the same clothes size as you and i buy from m&s. They have lovely polo t-shirts and jogging bottoms. Really a lot cheaper than the sports shop as you will have to replace each time you drop a size.

Well done for joining the gym by the way. And your right they will all be too busy to worry about your clothes.

Wear what feels comfortable for you. I refuse to pay out for expensive gym clothes when i'm losing weight and they won't fit in a few months time. I wear L.A Gear 3/4 (well, just below the knee for me - i have long legs!!) Trousers that cost £4.99 and a Slazenger (mens) T-shirt that cost £2.99 from sports direct. I'm glad i didn't spend lots of money on trousers because i had to buy a smaller pair last week!!

Back