What does REEM mean???

jaylou

Gold Member
I know it's from The Only Way is Essex but what does it mean?
Where did it come from?
Is it an abbreviation of something or a purely made up word?

I've heard the "young ones" (get me, old fart at 40!) say "X looks reem" but what is it??

Hoping the younger generation will put me out of my misery!!!

As Joey Essex describes it,

"Reem is like, nice. You would say 'that drink is reem'.."

Must admit, I'm hooked on TOWIE and often find myself saying 'reem' without even realising I've said it :8855:

xx

As Joey Essex describes it,

"Reem is like, nice. You would say 'that drink is reem'.."

Must admit, I'm hooked on TOWIE and often find myself saying 'reem' without even realising I've said it :8855:

xx

Hence my avatar lol! Just realised it was that :p

I love TOWIE!!!

Yes, Reem is a made up word by one of the characters Joey Essex.

He uses it to describe things that others may describe as 'excellent, awesome, fabulous'

x

hate the word reem even tho im from essex and live 15 mins away from it all i just say mmm that was nice not reem lol

mine neither i just keep to the old original words lol

I was told ages ago that it is a shortened version of supreme. It's been used extensively around here in essex by those far, far younger than me.....

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I was told ages ago that it is a shortened version of supreme. It's been used extensively around here in essex by those far, far younger than me.....

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Now that figures!!!

I'm learning. I saw on a post today the meaning of FML too. Never heard or soon that before.
I am a dinosour :rolleyes:

Now that figures!!!

I'm learning. I saw on a post today the meaning of FML too. Never heard or soon that before.

There are loads, I just ask my 18 year old nephew or my 16 year old niece.....I'm only 35 but haven't a clue of some of the sayings...

jaylou said:
Now that figures!!!

If you're a dinosaur then i must be primordial ooze - no idea what FML means. No idea what reem means!

Oooh EB - I need to find me a slang dictionary and then, in a few years when she gets a bit more wordly wise, I can understand what my daughter is saying!!

The thing is, she and her friends already use WTF and WTH in text/facebook but if she said it in real life I'd be putting washing up liquid on her tongue!!!

jaylou said:
I know it's from The Only Way is Essex but what does it mean?
Where did it come from?
Is it an abbreviation of something or a purely made up word?

I've heard the "young ones" (get me, old fart at 40!) say "X looks reem" but what is it??

Hoping the younger generation will put me out of my misery!!!

This doesn't answer your question however isnt funny how you form a picture in your mind of someone when they haven't got a picture of themselves as their avatar! I always thought you were around 30 years of age!

Like u said nothing to do with your q just made me smile when I realised I was out with my 'assumption' x

This doesn't answer your question however isnt funny how you form a picture in your mind of someone when they haven't got a picture of themselves as their avatar! I always thought you were around 30 years of age!

Like u said nothing to do with your q just made me smile when I realised I was out with my 'assumption' x

You have just made my day!!

I do look 40 sadly ;)

jaylou said:
You have just made my day!!

I do look 40 sadly ;)

I honestly thought you were the same age as me!! Just shows how you should never 'assume'!!

You are still 30 in my eyes! x

Reem and Jel have both been around for years before the shop was even thought up..... Typical Essex slang..... I will ask my mate what it stands for as it is short for something xx

Ok so it's short for Supreme ..... So as in 'those shoes are reem'

Same as I dunno someone saying those shoes are 'lush' if they are from Wales.... x

Back