What does your BMI have to be for the GP to prescribe xenical?

mumto4

Mine is 30 and unsure if they will prescribe it for me, Can't afford to buy Alli really but dont want to go to the drs for them too say im not big enough, i'd rather just plod on.

Oh gosh I'm not too sure (I'm well over)
Try www.xenical.com it has a BMI calculator but it should advise you if it's appropriate

I think its 30 or 28 if you're at risk of diabetes (sp sorry lol) and other illnesses like that xx

I think its worth asking anyway. Even if you just get a couple of months supply to start you off. Doctors are very keen now to help with overweight issues, especially if you can show you're really trying to diet. I also think that if you're fat enough to be allowed to buy alli you should be fat enough to get a prescription for Xenical. Go ahead and ask. There is also a product called reductil available on prescription which is meant to be good, but you cant get them if you're on anti-depressants.

Can't you get either if your in anti-d's? I do take them . X

You can take Xenical with anti-ds but not reductil.

I would really make a doctors appointment, i'm sure he/she can advise you on the best options availble to you. Xenical or no Xenical.

Steph....oh lucky steph.....

haha why :\ .. i was classed as "obese" and i'm "overweight" now!

Thing with me all my weight has gone on my stomach like an apple i am!

The reason i got them i proved 3 months of hard work and weight loss before i got them. :)

oh steph im the same all on my belly!!

i was prescribed and i was about a bmi of 31 ish or around that, but they said they would give them to me only because i had been succesful with alli tablets other wise she was gonna say that i should try another diet or something first.

but its worth asking as it does add up having alli pills and im on these xenical not for long apperently as long as its enough time to get this weight off i dont mind, when the time comes that they stop giving them i shall go back on alli if im not at my goal weight.

let us know how you get on with the doctors

Back