What flavourings do you use?

fairy3853

Hi guys, need abit of input please. Iv always made my own chilli sauces with tinned tomatoe & a dash of this & that, but today I had the 5 bean chilli at weatherspoons for lunch and it was devine, but it was a totaly different tast to anything iv ever created at home & very moorish. I know theres loads of chilli seasonings on the market but have avoided them becouse of syns.

Can anyone tell me what you use for that authentic taste & how many syns it has please?

i always use ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika.A pinch of cayenne pepper
in my chillis. which is syn free

I liked using died mexican chillies - ancho chillies and chipotle give things a great flavour. Also "liquid smoke" seasoning adds a great depth to anything with a tomato sauce, especially with chilli.

Whats liquid smoke??? im sure iv herd of it, but never seen it or know what it is

It is literally liquid smoke - I am sure its a very complicated process but what they basically do is pass smoke through water which causes an "essence of smoke" flavour. Its very powerful and you don't need much but it is delicious. You can find it on ebay for a couple of pound. And best of all the "hot headz" and "colgin" brands have zero calories so syn-free flavouring!

mmm, that sounds like it would give a chilli a nice kick

It is literally liquid smoke - I am sure its a very complicated process but what they basically do is pass smoke through water which causes an "essence of smoke" flavour. Its very powerful and you don't need much but it is delicious. You can find it on ebay for a couple of pound. And best of all the "hot headz" and "colgin" brands have zero calories so syn-free flavouring!

Back