What gets you through??

MetalMaiden said:
Oooh, could I please have the crispy kale recipe? Sounds yummy.

This has been a life saver for me, you get a lovely, fried seaweed taste, the only problem is the kids have started asking for it!

1 Bag of curly kale (ready chopped)
Salt
Granulated sweetener
Frylight

Put the oven on high.

Spread the kale over a frylighted baking tray, remove any stalks, sprinkle with salt and place in the middle of the hot oven.

Check every few mins and when the outer ones start to go brown move them to the middle and put the greener ones to the outside, you can also just take out the done bits as you go along.

Place in a bowl, sprinkle a bit more salt and approx 1 tbsp of granulated sweetener, you can add more or less depending on taste.

I get hungry at night too, around 8 o'clock. But I usually have syns left to play with. So I have something with some fruit.

Yesterday I only had about 2 and half syns!! So I had an options hot chocolate (caribean coconut flavour is lush everyone!!) And a baby belle light, then had a tangerine too.

There's loads of stuff u can eat for munchies. How about a snack pack of grapes, cherries or other fruit? A banana? Bowl of chopped strawberries? Or chocolate cravings like everyone else said freddo 5 syns, curly wurly 6 syns or a mini milky bar 3.5 syns? Oh and those greek mullers half syn each are good!! Or if you've had your syns a regular muller light.

List is endless! :)

Like the sound of the new choc options with coconut. Must look out for that thanks

I tend to have curly wurlys and hot chocoltes for my choc fix. As for crisps, I like to really finely slice potatoes, beetroot, carrots and parsnips and bake them until they go crispy and nice and eat them instead!

I've always been an "evening snacker" & I could eat & eat & not stop!

Must admit I don't do it as much now, I try to eat Superfree before anything else. If I use my syns I'll use 6 on a curly wurly or the WW crisps are good. The cheese puffs are only 4 syns & you get loads in the little bags!

Grizzly_man said:
This has been a life saver for me, you get a lovely, fried seaweed taste, the only problem is the kids have started asking for it!

1 Bag of curly kale (ready chopped)
Salt
Granulated sweetener
Frylight

Put the oven on high.

Spread the kale over a frylighted baking tray, remove any stalks, sprinkle with salt and place in the middle of the hot oven.

Check every few mins and when the outer ones start to go brown move them to the middle and put the greener ones to the outside, you can also just take out the done bits as you go along.

Place in a bowl, sprinkle a bit more salt and approx 1 tbsp of granulated sweetener, you can add more or less depending on taste.

I tried this and now absolutely addicted, it's so lovely and so low in cals, I have a sweet tooth and it has helped so much knowing i can have this without the syns! Even nicer than the chinese fried seaweed which i love :) Thank you so so much :)

Another thing that gets me through in the evening is da Vinci syrups in hot water, all different flavours, my favourite is white chocolate and cookie dough, tastes really really scrummy like a hot chocolate with no syns!!! Brilliant!

K9KT said:
Another thing that gets me through in the evening is da Vinci syrups in hot water, all different flavours, my favourite is white chocolate and cookie dough, tastes really really scrummy like a hot chocolate with no syns!!! Brilliant!

I've never heard of these-what are they? X

They are syrups like they use in coffee shops to flavour coffee but these ones are sugar free, it's substituted with Splenda, you can get them online at the low carb mega store. Great for coffee or hot water, hits that's sweet craving. They are a little expensive at about 6 quid a bottle but it's a 750ml bottle so would last a while, I'm hooked! Some flavours are nicer than others, personal preference I suppose x

K9KT said:
I tried this and now absolutely addicted, it's so lovely and so low in cals, I have a sweet tooth and it has helped so much knowing i can have this without the syns! Even nicer than the chinese fried seaweed which i love :) Thank you so so much :)

Def must try this...where would I buy the fresh kale - I've never seen it before

Huffpot said:
Def must try this...where would I buy the fresh kale - I've never seen it before

I get mine from Tesco or sainsburys. Tesco have just price dropped it to 75p a bag, it's shredded curly kale, it's by the spinach and cabbage

Back