What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

I have back ache because I still can't stand straight so they are going to put me a on a rack and sort me out! M.

sorry to find the amusing side of that, but it puts this ridiculous image in my head! lol (too many old black and white torture chamber style films!)

Hope the 'rack' sorts it out for you!

I was told you will need to wear compression undies for a few weeks ........I will be having an apronectomy when I have my hernia repaired so not quite as big an operation but I will be pleased to get it done.

I do wonder if a lot of your problems have been due to the fact that you were not given a compression garment to wear. Mine was put on in recovery. I spoke to my consultant yesterday who said 1 month for the lovely stockings (to stop DVT), 6 weeks for my corset and not to go to work until I have seen him which is 1 month 1 day from the op. I think it must be very disheartening for your recovery to be as bad as it has been. Hope you are back to normal soon.

Well a quick update!

V Festival was very difficult, I really struggled and to be honest shouldn't have gone but the tickets were really expensive and my best mate is having a tough time and was really looking forward to it.

I ended up getting covered in wee (long story and not mine!) and had to strip off in a field and stand under a tap, the security guard said "Oh my god what a terrible scar" so that gave my confidence one hell of a boost NOT !!

Anyway feel like I have gone back a bit but at least I am now back at work so my brain is starting to come back into life and got a lot on so time to get busy.

My NLP training is going really well and absolutely loving it!! I am fascinated with the brain and how some people seem to have the ability to do the diet and some don't and I don't think it is based on willpower but other things so loving doing the qualification while exploring something that really interests me.

Mike

My NLP training is going really well and absolutely loving it!! I am fascinated with the brain and how some people seem to have the ability to do the diet and some don't and I don't think it is based on willpower but other things so loving doing the qualification while exploring something that really interests me.

Mike

This sounds really interesting, is it a distance learning course.....

It's a mixture, I am still working through all the audio and book work and then have an 8 day classroom course down near London.

Mike

NLP is a very interesting process!

I do practice as a Clinical Hypnotherapist on a part-time basis and have always thoroughly enjoyed it! It came through an interest - had done Past Life Regression for 15 years and decided to do more and qualified in hypnotherapy in 2000. Since then I have done Forensic Hypnosis, Paediatric Hypnosis and have all the teaching qualifications for all of it for the UK, the USA and Canada!
Have also done a degree in psychology and am currently doing my PhD in Psychology!

It gets addictive!

I have to say that you are a total inspiration - both with your weight loss and your surgery - you should write books, quite seriously - you have a way of writing that is addictive to read.

Well done!! Good luck with the NLP too!

NLP is a very interesting process!

I do practice as a Clinical Hypnotherapist on a part-time basis and have always thoroughly enjoyed it! It came through an interest - had done Past Life Regression for 15 years and decided to do more and qualified in hypnotherapy in 2000. Since then I have done Forensic Hypnosis, Paediatric Hypnosis and have all the teaching qualifications for all of it for the UK, the USA and Canada!
Have also done a degree in psychology and am currently doing my PhD in Psychology!

It gets addictive!

I have to say that you are a total inspiration - both with your weight loss and your surgery - you should write books, quite seriously - you have a way of writing that is addictive to read.

Well done!! Good luck with the NLP too!

OMG, i've gone into a trance just reading it all LOL :D

I admire both your dedication. I'm trying to do some computer qualifications (Mike FYI I've done MCDST and now doing the Server 2003 MCSA as i think you are in a similar line of work at the mo although you are looking to change direction), it's my job, i love and i'm interested in it have done two of them but can't motivate myself to get on with the actual studying prior to the exams.
All tips welcome - although you both seem to have the interest and the motivation has come naturally from that interest.
Perhaps i should actually look to do something completely different from my daily work - perhaps it's a bit of "busman's holiday" studying i'm suffering from :rolleyes:

Mike
Whilst you may not feel like it, you are obviously improving, a couple of weeks ago (or even less) you would never have comtemplated going to the V festival.

Mike, I was up til 2.30am this morning reading your diary, I could only read your posts and not everyone elses as the thread is so long... I just wanted to say that I really feel for you, you sound like you have gone through so much. I was considering having a TT done if and when I need one..I do think I'll have lots of saggy skin especially after having my little girl but I am thinking again after reading your posts.

Thanks for being so detailed in your posts about your journey, what a painful journey it has been for you and still is I guess. If I do need a tt I will think a hell of a lot harder than I would have done before reading your thread.

I truely do hope that you feel better soon and are back to normal (without the skin of course) I imagine that when you are totally healed up and months have passed then you will be happy about your new tummy but would probably not want to go through it again...(understatement there I think).

Best of british to you hun, I wish it would have gone more smoothly for you. xx sj xx

Hi Mike, I really enjoyed reading your blog, thanks for posting the link for me. It would have been lovely to follow your progress on maintenance though...and there are a couple of other blogs that I've read that end when people become CDC's. I don't see how it can be inappropriate to have a blog as a counsellor as following someone's successful journey can only enhance our motivation. Anyway sorry for the rant and well done on maintaining all this time!

Hi Mike

Catching up with your posts. I was at V as well and my partner and I have decided we are a bit too old now for these types of festivals. I love the bands but the drunks and the rubbish and smelly loos really got to me this year.

Overall it sounds as though things did not go well with your surgery. Some parts of the care have obviously not been up to scratch despite the fact you work at the Trust involved. I would have thought that link would ahve improved things for you!

Not being given the compression garments sounds negligent to me.

I'm no expert because I haven't been through it myself but an online friend in NZ did (I posted a link to her blog a while back) and hers went fairly smoothly. Someone else whose blog I read in NZ is being admitted next week for a complete lower body lift (which I understand is kind of two steps up from the TT). She's having it done privately because getting anything like that in the public system in NZ would be impossible and she has been given a compression garment to wear for two weeks before the op as well to get her internal organs used to the feeling of being in a smaller space. The recovery info on the website she linked to said you should be able to stand up straight within 2 weeks and 'could' be at work in 3 weeks.

This to me says that you have not been looked after well if you are still struggling to recover after 7 weeks.

I hope I'm not depressing you further but (despite the fact I've never met you) I feel quite angry about what you've gone through.

Anyway, I just really hope it starts to improve soon. :hug99:

Well hello everyone!

Just an update really.

Thanks for everyone who has posted on my thread and also E-mailed me :) Much appreciated.

Anyway I am starting to finally get there! I am now back at work part time but going back full time this week.

My scar itself is looking pretty darn good apart from the lump in the middle (when I say lump it isn't that bad but certainly there!)

The overall skin is still very very tight and hence if I turn quickly or move in a strange way it still really hurts! Also I have to say that the drain/end of the scar is still so tender to the touch that I am very protective and use my arms all the time to push people away from me in shops etc.

So now over two months since the operation!! Can't believe it has gone so quickly and kind of now left with an anti-climax really, I do regret having it done and that won't change but now kind of in a "what now?" situation. I think when I finished losing weight I just concentrated on getting the operation done but now that is done I am feeling very itchy in the feet department for a new challenge, something to get my teeth into. I am working on a few little projects but want to get hold of a new challenge but still can't decide what it will be, I shall keep you all posted!

Oh I have decided to do the Great North Run in 5 weeks!! I should be well enough to walk the whole thing so intend to start "brisk walking" this week to make sure my knees don't explode on me.

Apart from that got diet clients until 11pm tonight so by the time I have done bookwork etc it is going to be a late night!

Mike

Hiya Mike

You've done really well and you're an inspiration to many (me included). I'm so sorry you regret the op - such a shame.

I know what you mean about anti-climax - I had hospital treatment (mainly as an outpatient) for about 7 months - then when I was cured I was over the moon but kinda "mmmmmmmmmmm - what now - my time's my own"

It's great that you're doing the Great North Run - I wish I had your drive and energy!

Anyway, just popping in to say well done, you're fab etc

Ails xx

hi mike,
read your thread with great interest. you are amazing and i tell everyone your story. glad your on the mend and in a few months time perhaps you will be pleased you had the op!!:clap:

Yet another update!

Still swollen, still wearing big shorts to work!! But am generally a lot better in myself.

Got a great call from Hanbury last night which was the Marriott hotel that mucked up our anniversary, they have invited us down from a free stay in a family room with loads of spa treatments and dinner etc !! Very pleased and nice to see customer service isn't dead!

Mike

I am sorry you have had such a hard time.
I had my TT on aug 6 th and then my back done on aug 28th
[they took 6 pounds in skin from my back ]
I am doing really well and I look great !!!!!!
I still have drain in until fri and then its just a matter of time to heal , I have had no real pain I have to say
I have a relly diffrent story to you
I didnt read everything , but they forgot to give you compression garments ?
Thats horribble..........thats a big slip up.
Are you going to take them to Court ?
I am not sure everything you had done but for you to still hurt after all this time.its just not right.
I dont and I am 8 days out from my 2 op.
XXXXX
Susan

:D
I still have drain in until fri and then its just a matter of time to heal , I have had no real pain I have to say
I am not sure everything you had done but for you to still hurt after all this time.its just not right.
XXXXX
Susan
Susan....great to hear a good story...Mike had a really tough time but for lots of people its good to know it does work out.. You must look amazing with all that loose skin gone....well done and best of luck with the rest of your recovery

XXXXX
Susan

Hiya Susan!!

Glad to hear you are on the mend and so soon!! I would say I am jealous but... oh go on then!! I am jealous!! :)

Anyway I am at least now back at work properly and this week finally wearing my suits again so I look normal !

Drain points are finally not quite so damn tender and although I do have these dog ears they don't bother me that much and give me something to play with in the bath!

The middle bit though is still very swollen, it hurts to wear trousers to the point I am dosed up on painkillers but not telling anyone but I see no other option really as I can't just sit around and mope all day.

Seeing the consultant in about 5 weeks I think now so going to discuss the whole thing and see what he says.

Still wish I had never had it done!!

Mike

CLARIFICATION needed please

although I do have these dog ears they don't bother me that much and give me something to play with in the bath!
Mike
:eek:

Way TMI. Some of us buy a duck - and there are designer ones now for Breast Cancer fundraisering. I think Lulu Guiness has done a cutey-pie one.

I had a spaniel for many years and his ears were ever so much larger than those of a Jack Russell or a poodle. What should one expect after an op like yours?

Back