What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

Hi Mike-I used to see you on the other site so it is great to catch up with you here it has just taken me 2 weeks to find you !! Have been posting on the Cd restarters and seem to have missed all these threads. Think your account has been incredibly honest and an fantastic insight to the tummy tuck procedure - thank you. I am sorry you are in so much discomfort really hope it improves with time. I had 2 caesarians which were very painful but not as major as your procedure. I approached the DR a couple of years ago about a tummy tuck as having lost 4 stone ( and had 3 babies ) I had a problem with excess skin but Dr thought it doubtful I would be able to have it done under NHS so I did not pursue it- just as well me thinks ! I'm afraid I hav'nt beeen as sucessful at maintaining the weight loss as you but have had a very difficult year but am getting back on track now !
will be thinking of you and checking in regularly
Love gaye xx(Minky)

Hi Mike
Fascinating reading, enough to make anyone think twice and really take this type of op seriously.

Hope you start feeling better soon and can't wait for the phots.

However, have to say you must be the only guy in history to be complaining about the swelling in his groin ;)

I'm sure it will all look fantastic when it has had time to heal.

Hey Mike,

I had tramadol earlier in the year and it just made me completely woozy... i wasn't painfree just felt sedated.

Your diary is a fantastic read, my sis had this op 6 years ago and her scar is there but has sort of faded with time.... She also found the recuperation really bad, but a few months later she was great... she had op in May and was dancing n strutting her stuff that August at a family wedding.

Just make sure your wounds are clean and dry and watch out for redness any severe pain or temperature rise... hopefully it should be an upward journey now... :)

Nas x

Thanks Mike I really enjoyed reading your tummy tuck story,

I hope your over the worst pain & everything is back to normal for you soon.

Cant wait to see the pics, you will feel like a a new man.

:D

WOW , Mike this is a totally brilliant read .
You are doing really well hun and on monday when you have your dressing seen to you will feel a whole lot better .

You are a massive inspiration to everyone here on Mini's and im sure you are to everyone in you r life .
One amazing man x

The pictures are going to be fantastic , we all must have excess skin from losing weight but 'clothes' keeps that out of site .

Ive just read this story from start to finish and just seen the time lol must get my 9 year old to bed !!!

Thank you for writing a true account of your major tummy surgery .

Hope you have a good weekend , dont let the children jump on the bed !!!! 'ouch' !!!

big hugs xxx

:patback: Awwwww Mike hope you feel better soon, I think if you are still suffering in a few days time, maybe ask your gp to see if there is any other painkillers you could try.

:character00264: Hope it does ease soon !!!

:grouphugg:

Day 11 - I slept!

Well I woke up once in the night for a wee and woke properly at 6am but at least I did actually get a proper nights sleep and feel a lot better for it. Saying that when I did wake at 6am I remember thinking "What the hell is wrong with my stomach" before looking down and remember I had had an operation :)

The feeling of tightness this morning is really strong, they pull the skin so tight that you can't straighten out but because I had moved in bed and lost the wedge under my knees I was laying straight so have this really tight pains in my tummy area now.

Jo is going to try and tidy up my dressings today and try and remove some of the dressing that aren't needed. Unfortunately they didn't shave me in hospital (apparently it is now an infection risk) so going to have to have a lot of hair pulled out at the same time so expecting to scream a lot this morning :)

Can't believe it is now over a week since the operation, a friend of mine said her friend was back at work within 10 days!! Well she didn't have a tummy tuck then as no one could go back to work like this, I struggle to go to the bloody toilet!

Glad things are a little better today.

It sure does help you feel better when you get a decent nights sleep, hopefully you will be back to your usual sleep pattern now.
Hope to hear of a much bigger improvement when I get back from Sheffield on sunday

Really glad to hear you had a better night and "forgot" the operation.

As for someone going back to work after 10 days, I doubt she had the extensive surgery you did. The surgeon I saw warned me one week in hospital, and one month at home... so you're doing better than that as you "escaped" hospital early!!

I hope you have a comfortable(ish) day :)

Day 11 - The dressing is not pleasant!

Well the dressing is really not nice anymore, not only is it pongy and generall grubby but is also very hard on the sides where the blood has dried under the bandage which is making it more uncomfortable. Thanks to Maissie who mailed me as I have phoned the surgery and a district nurse is coming out to change the dressing either today or tomorrow, I hope she bring her sick bag as it looks a right mess!!

Thanks to those on here who have sent me presents!! Have been lucky enough to have flowers and chocolates from people on here and so pleased and it really does help to cheer you up.

Going to be on my own all day tomorrow as Jo is working a 12 hour shift so going to be a bit bed bound I think but not a lot I can do about it as I can't go to work with her!

Day 11 - The dressing has gone and the windows are shattered

The district nurse appeared from nowhere!! Superb and great service.

Then she stripped me off and took the entire bandage off, every single hair on my stomach and lower regions was pulled out and oh my god did it hurt (she was lovely but laughing at the noises I was making!)

She has now left it uncovered totally with just the steristrips the hospital put on there, can finally see the handywork in the mirror and apart from the swelling it looks pretty good, she said it looked good compared to some she has seen, she said she went to a girl on Tuesday who went abroad and had it done and had a 6 inch "hole" in the middle of her stomach where the skin hadn't knitted and was a right state so I am so glad I had it done in England!

So anyway she said I can have a shower now (thank god Jo and the kids say!) so am going to have a gentle wash down and freshen up.

Still hurts like hell but at least it's done.....

When I first posted I was having it done I had at least 10 people E-Mail me to say have it done in the UK as they have heard problems with abroad, I know some of the abroad places are probably excellent but I don't think you can beat a good old british hospital.

M.

Hey Mike,

Flat tummy and hairless! My word you have it all now... JO will get used to you having no hair down there!

He He

Love

Back