What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

Oh Mike

What a wonderfully honest and open post!!

Thank you soooo much!

I've been thinking of having a TT for a while, have been turned down on the NHS so i'm thinking a lot of pain and 6 grand to pay?!?!? Not sure it's worth it.

I have to say you have put me right off - thank you!! lol

That kinda pain is not worth it for me! I too have a low pain threshold and think my family would kill me having to put up with me in that state!!

Wishing you a very speedy recovery and i hope the end result is what you were looking for.

Best Wishes,

i always love reading ur diary style threads mike. just sorry u r going thru so much pain :( u have put me off TTs quite a bit as well. i have NO pain threshold whatsoever lol. if i get one of those canadian spam mails regarding buying drugs soon, i'll buy a months worth of morphine...promise! (2 weeks worth for u and 2 for me lol) :)

"Anyway too much time by myself is never a good thing!! I end up reliving my past and not good so I played on my phone texting everyone till about 10pm (I know Linda must have got bored of getting messages from me!)."

Nah never! I thought I would have got more. Must admit I was really scared when you told me about the Cdiff! Then the drain coming out - I am so squeamish felt sick after that. I have a thing about blood:eek:

Well its been quite an adventure for you to say the least glad you have come out of it safe and sound even if you are grumpy - pain tends to do that to us.

Right its 4 am and I have been awake for over an hour so I'm off back to bed to see if I can sleep for a few hours - alarm set for 7

Linda

Morning Mr Moose, or may I call you Mike?

I hope you are feeling better today.

All the sleep deficit from your hospital stay will have made everything seem worse & there's really nothing like your own bed.

Did the laxatives help? I'm sure that is a better option than straining with unhealed muscles. Sorry if that 's a bit graphic, but you know what I mean

Mike - see if you can get Arnica in 200c strength - this is homeopath strength stuff and will really help, also Bellis Per will help to - its for internal bruising. Also, Chamomilla - it'll help with any post-op weepiness....

How do I know this....not a homeopath BUT I got a homeopathic labour kit when I was having my daughter and read every word of literature in it and these stood out....

They need to be 200c strength...I was also given a tip...put the little pill into a bottle of water and drink it through the day...easy way to ingest it....

Day 10 - Not Much Sleep

Didn't sleep much at all last night, I was dozing in the day yesterday which never helps and just couldn't get comfy in bed at all. I tried to sleep on my side but gravity on the scar meant after 5 minutes it was too painful. I can't normally sleep on my back which doesn't help.

So at 2am this morning Jo and I were trying to wedge me into a comfortable position will pillows but I wasn't comfy but said I was so Jo would go to sleep. I ended up then listening to my iPod until about 5am and debating whether I wanted to go to the loo or not and whether it was worth the pain of getting up. Jo woke up at 6am and said we had some tramadol in the cupboard so going to try them later and see if it helps.

Decided to day to find a new hobby today to keep me sane over the next few weeks, not sure what it will be yet but finding a new hobby will keep me active on my laptop today!!

Also going to really try and be more positive today, read back through my diary and I sound like a right unhappy moody bloke and I always try and be upbeat so going to try and find humour in this pain!!

Mike - you're not moody - you're being honest...and its an honest account of what you're going through so DON'T stop being honest!

Mike,
After what you've been through, and are still suffering, you're perfectly entitled to be as grumpy as you like! It's also a real eye opener for the rest of us who have vaguely romanticised the idea of having a TT without really thinking it through.

I actually saw a surgeon in France a few years ago, before I got to target weight but I had lost about 10 stone, and he told me that I'd need 3 x "body lifts". First operation being "lifting" the legs. I presume you didn't suffer from excess skin on your legs? Second op for me would be the tummy tuck. Third upper body and boobs...

I declined, but am interested as to whether your excess skin was limited to your abdominal area or whether, like me, legs and arms have it too... (you're younger, mind you!).

Wishing you a good day and hope you find yourself an occupation. Do you like playing Scrabble? Try Yahoo Literati, and play scrabble on line with other people?

Take care and grumble away...

Bless ya, hun - you grumble as much as you like - you've been through a massive trauma and you don't have to put on a brave phace phor us!

I really hope you start to pheel better once the tramadol kicks in!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mike,
After what you've been through, and are still suffering, you're perfectly entitled to be as grumpy as you like! It's also a real eye opener for the rest of us who have vaguely romanticised the idea of having a TT without really thinking it through.

I actually saw a surgeon in France a few years ago, before I got to target weight but I had lost about 10 stone, and he told me that I'd need 3 x "body lifts". First operation being "lifting" the legs. I presume you didn't suffer from excess skin on your legs? Second op for me would be the tummy tuck. Third upper body and boobs...

I declined, but am interested as to whether your excess skin was limited to your abdominal area or whether, like me, legs and arms have it too... (you're younger, mind you!).

Wishing you a good day and hope you find yourself an occupation. Do you like playing Scrabble? Try Yahoo Literati, and play scrabble on line with other people?

Take care and grumble away...

Hiya

I never really had a problem with loose skin on my arms but did on my upper legs, I have to say that the gym and exercise did sort this out and it was only really my tummy that was never going to get any better.

M.

Mike, I hope you're not being too hard on yourself for feeling in pain and feeling miserable!

I remember getting very frustrated and what I felt was pathetic weakness after I had my C Section, I remember telling my midwife I felt a complete failure that I couldn't pick my beautiful baby up to bath him, I even collapsed on the stairs with pain (ah that'll be because they forgot to give me painkillers!) and felt such a fool. My midwife quite rightly pointed out that I'd just had MAJOR surgery and I cannot expect my body to be ready and raring to go after being cut open.

Time time time, it is indeed a great healer :) Patience is a great virtue ;)

Kath x

Don't feel bad Mike, take it easy on your body and take it easy on yourself.:D Sometimes our body is quicker to accept the changes that surgery brings than our brain. Go with the flow, if you feel down don't chastise yourself.

Hope you sort a new hobby out today :D

i think youre incredibly brave. and thankyou for telling us like it is. its so important for us to realise just how massive an operation is really is...its not just a quick nipp and tuck. i appreciate your honesty. sometimes ive read about this sort of surgery and people say' yeahh its great im so happy..but often i wonder if that is the real feelings and thoughts. you've given a completly fresh review of it all.

now im 100% decided, i just could not go through with it myself.

ive often pondered about having the ole wobbly tummy trimmed off and made nice and flat. but i just know that the pain and the scarring for me would be a million times worse than a little wobble.

i just cannot bear to think of myself all chopped around with.

your story has been great to read, and to imagine what it was like going through it. i think a lot of us have had thoughts of surgery but just dont know enough about it.

now we need to see some photos. please.....

all the best to you, wishing you a speedy recovery and a super flat tum. XXX Jo

Hiya

I never really had a problem with loose skin on my arms but did on my upper legs, I have to say that the gym and exercise did sort this out and it was only really my tummy that was never going to get any better.

M.

Loving your Meez Mike. Don't worry though babe, you'll be back jumping around semi-naked at Crufts in no time. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

What a fantastic account of your operation!
I must admit, Mike, I always thought a tummy tuck was like popping for a manicure [slight under estimation but you get the idea?]
But OUCH! Your account is so honest and open that you have encouraged anyone considering the same op to take it seriously.You do not come across as moody - just honest!
I really hope that in time you will forget the pain and enjoy your new physique!
We defo want access to the before and asfter photos!
Take lots of care and rest up!

Day 10 - Really Uncomfortable

Not been comfortable at all today and been really dosed up with painkillers, not sure if some of the bruising is coming out by my groin is really painful and when I try and sit or move it feels like the stiches are popping (which they aren't!).

I am also really swollen, I normally have a 34 inch waist comfortable but am currently 44 inches so that gives you an idea of the swelling that is there, also the two drain sites are really quite unpleasant so going to have to clean them later.

Had a plate of stir fry for my tea and feel like I am going to explode to turned down a bowl of strawberries!! (not like me at all)

Going to try and get an early night as not fair on Jo to sit here all night awake.

Back