What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

Day 17 - Lump definately going down!

Pleased to say that the lump on my right had started to go down overnight and looks less "angry" than it did yesterday so hoping that it will go down a bit more today, because of where it is I am wearing pyjama bottoms like Simon Cowell to stay out of it's way which makes me look very strange LMAO and hence pleased it is on it's way.

In terms of the rest of the wound the central part between by new belly button and pubic line is still like concrete and totally dead to the touch, it is also a very jaundiced yellow colour and cold and is definately going to stop me wearing any tight clothes for weeks and weeks.

I got a lovely bunch of get well baloons yesterday which cheered me up and got also got some lovely chocolated from Linda and some lovely flowers from Mini & Pierce so thanks very much to them, it really does cheer you up when all you have as a friend is daytime TV which at best is boring.

Jo is off tomorrow so we are planning a massive trip out to Tesco!! I am so excited lol (no really I am!), going to dress up in my XXL tracksuit bottoms so I can wear them really high and will then for a gentle walk, I have forgotten what other people look like so will be nice to get some fresh air and also buy a magazine and a DVD! We will go early afternoon so it isn't too busy as I am so scared of being bashed into that I spend half the time telling Ethan to keep a 1 metre gap from me when he is being a lunatic.

On a different note sitting here eating that new Oatabix! It's lovely....

So interesting reading about it all, I thought my caesarean was bad enough, but you TT has made me squirm, ( still kept reading though)
I hope you get more mobile soon and the pain goes quickly.
x x:)
Hope Tesco`s is gentle with you lol

You are doing so well!!!!

I hope ythis does not soungd weird...but i am so proud of you!!!! It takes a special person to go through this and still be able to joke and be kind enough to share his experiences with others.

You are truly an inspiration....thank you

Hi Mike

So pleased to see you're home and on the mend. Hope you're back on your feet and running around in no time. Make the most of your relaxation time though! Did you start a new hobby? You operation diary was a fascinating read! I've always wanted a TT, but not sure about it now! Might just buy some "sucky in" pants instead!

UB

The 2 ladies who have asked for the site, i cant access you by either PM or email, so if anyone wants to get intouch with me they can at my hotmail address, its meemo38 same as here but at hotmail dot com....hope its ok me doing it like this, if not can a mod please pass on the info
Michelle

Day 17 - Tired but not done anything...

I feel absolutely knackered and I haven't done anything much today apart from wander to the kettle and back to the sofa.

Therefore I need to get more active so we are going for a gentle walk around town tomorrow for an hour, this may actually mean a 2 minute walk from the car to the coffee shop and back but whatever it is it will be better than sitting in this prison cell of a house which is how it is starting to feel.

Had some bad news today as well which I can't say as I know someone reads this forum who it would affect but that hasn't helped my mood at all and makes me want to be well again as I can only help people when I am able to be up on my feet and not laid out on the sofa!!

In terms of my tummy have looked in the mirror and definately looks better to be fair, I can now see the inside seams of my legs (can't explain that any other way!) and I just hope that when the swelling goes down the skin is tighter as there is a lot of swelling and it looks like there will still be quite a lot of loose skin afterwards, saying that there is 9 pounds less of it so in a month or so I will really hit the gym and the pool and try and get it as good as it ever is going to be so I can stop pinching it all the damn time like some sort of OCD !

It sounds like you are definately on the road to recovery now. Hopefully all problems are now behind you and the future is only positive stuff. When I had my sections (3) it was 2 weeks before I could lay on my side and it is a smaller cut so hopefully it won't be long before you can do that. I will be interested to hear when that happens as it's 5 weeks yesterday til mine (8th August) and I know I will miss sleeping on my side:sigh:. Make sure you get enough rest and, whilst good to get about, don't go over board. Take care

Hi Mike,

I am pleased you are feeling better, Joe explained what you have had done. I am now on the evening of Day 4, and although this has been one of the most stressful weeks EVER, I have no food cravings at all, I think I may have cracked again!

PS, just booked holiday to Florida for next year! Staying at Disney, at Wilderness lodge, might see you there! in April!

I hope all is well, and that you are not getting down. Must be awful being stuck at home in pain. I cannot imagine what it is like. Tell Joe I will see her Sunday night

All my love Janice (oh and Steve too!)

Hi Mike,

I am pleased you are feeling better, Joe explained what you have had done. I am now on the evening of Day 4, and although this has been one of the most stressful weeks EVER, I have no food cravings at all, I think I may have cracked again!

PS, just booked holiday to Florida for next year! Staying at Disney, at Wilderness lodge, might see you there! in April!

I hope all is well, and that you are not getting down. Must be awful being stuck at home in pain. I cannot imagine what it is like. Tell Joe I will see her Sunday night

All my love Janice (oh and Steve too!)

Excellent!! We have booked Florida for April as well!! Just got to pay for it now (the remaining balance always looks frightening until I start to save up!!), you'll have to let us know when you are there and we'll do a day at one of the parks.

Jo says hello and well done for getting back on it so well with all the stress on!!

Mike

This florida in April is catching!
We have just booked for end of march beginning of April - hoping our little ones are not too young to enjoy it - Georgina will be 7 and Fraser will be 5 when we go!

Morning Mike, How's the healing today? Any more energy?

Nadhak, we found that age brill to take them. Our youngest was also only 17 months and they all had a fab time in different ways. The wonderful thing about Florida is that all ages are cateered for. Have a super time (I love the lead up to a Florida trip too.:))

Day 18 - Sleeping OK!

Managing now to get a good night sleep which is excellent, apart from waking up in the morning thinking I am still in hospital and looking for my iPod to make sure no one has nicked it (bizarre!!)

I still can't sleep on my side but have found the perfect combination of towels, pillows and wedges to get comfy so feeling brighter during the day, saying that I have a constant dull headache which is due to lack of fresh air in a big way.

So off out in a while into town, you'd think we were going to Bluewater or something as I am so excited!! I might only get to wander into the coffee shop and maybe a quick look in WHSmith at DVD's but having spent 2 weeks away from the world I am really looking forward to it!

So I have my XXXL Simon Cowell specials on, a very baggy T-Shirt and my wallet in my hand, shops here I come....

I think my ticker give's it away about when i'm going to Florida. Be celebrating my eldest birthday while she's there as well. One of the water parks will be closed, but hope i'll be slim enough to go down the flumes.

This florida in April is catching!
We have just booked for end of march beginning of April - hoping our little ones are not too young to enjoy it - Georgina will be 7 and Fraser will be 5 when we go!

Err no!! Definately they'll love it!

Emily had only just turned 3 this year and knew exactly who all the characters were and was blown away to meet the princesses, Ethan turned 8 when we were there and was going on all the big rides as he hit the magic 52" !

Hope you enjoy your fressh air, but dont push yourself too. Remember you will need to make it back to the car before you have to sit down......!!!
I have done that walked until I couldnt do anymore and had to fing hubby to come and pick me.....lol.

Back