What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

Day 25 - The swelling comes and goes...

Wearing my support now and definately helping to keep the swelling at the sides at bay but the "lump" in the middle just below my belly button is full of fluid again so going to call the hospital on Monday and see if they can javelin me again to relieve the pressure.

The tight garments do work though as when you take them off the swelling comes back at the sides after about 20 minutes.

Anyway getting stronger by the day, although I am still walking gingerly I am now not struggling at all to sit up.

I have now removed the steri strips as they were dirty and I thought more of an infection risk than a benefit so can get a good look at the scar line and it is pretty fantastic, there is very little overlap and I think after a few months and three gallons of bio oil it will fade right away.

The dog ears are definately there though, one more than the other but they don't really bother me and to be honest are something to show people when I have had too much champagne!

Got friends up the weekend so intend to act normally and make a real effort to be as mobile as possible as I need to get back to work and I need to be much more active so I can get things moving in the world again.

Mrs Depp, I think you have a bit of a thing for mr icemoose. Very flirty lady!!!

How could anyone not flirt with such a lovely man W2T?! Mike I consider you a good friend and an even better CDC!

There aren't many blokes who are as in touch with their feminine side and so willing to talk as openly as Mike does :D

More men should take a leaf out of his book as far as I'm concerned.;)

How could anyone not flirt with such a lovely man W2T?! Mike I consider you a good friend and an even better CDC!

There aren't many blokes who are as in touch with their feminine side and so willing to talk as openly as Mike does :D

More men should take a leaf out of his book as far as I'm concerned.;)

Awww thanks for that, appreciated!

Mike

Or is it love? !! You don't need to explain yourself to me Mrs Depp!!

OK have got the camera out.

This is my latest photo, sorry it is a little out of focus.

23474149.jpg

As you can I have some scarring around the belt but the rest will be ok if I get down the gym and work a bit.

lol it looks better than mine !!

I think I'd cope if my six pack looked like that!

;)

Well done Mike on managing to stay sane during this! I'll bet it is agony sometimes.

Yeah... it looks kinda good to me. The weirdness might just be shadow. Yum.

Hmmmm I hate muscles like that.....I prefer athletic but not as defined as those.......what a turn off.

Hmmmm I hate muscles like that.....I prefer athletic but not as defined as those.......what a turn off.

ooohhh, now we're getting picky are we :D:D:D

Mike
Hope you feel much better soon and fit to start working on your own six pack soon. Did you see the program two nights ago about the woman (nicky taylor) who was trying all sorts of treatment to stop aging - included a holiday package to malaysia 5* two weeks included a TT? She had a scar one side to the other right up onto her hips but she had to get on a plane and fly back after a fortnight !!!
It cost about £2500 for the holiday (not that she could do much in terms of holidaying) and the TT thru a company called body beautiful - she seemed happy enough but not sure i would have liked to do it

Dunno... those shoulders and arms look pretty enticing from where I'm sitting... (see 'sex' thread).

im a bit of a lurker following the forum without posting :) but had to add to this thread, i saw the programme on nicky taylor going for the tummy tuck in malaysia, very interesting and consistent with mikes experiences posted here, although her recovery seemed a little faster and a little less complicated. i wouldnt be keen on doing it abroad tho, the nhs gets a bad press but if you were in a bad way it would help you out... that might not be true elsewhere unless for have spare $$...

I never saw the program, wonder if it will be repeated!

M.

She was a journalist, here's an article on everything she went thru including the beauty treatments she tried Help, I'm a beauty junkie! | the Daily Mail

The doc only cut a couple of pounds of skin off i think but proudly presented it to her next day in a jar in case she wanted to keep it - she delined :rolleyes:

I shall take a look and thanks, my consultant asked if I wanted my skin, i assumed he was joking!!!

M.

Back