What have we eaten today

morning all,

Wow we've had loads of rain this morning in the west mids, whats it like in your part of the country.

Anyway food for today

B 2 wholemeal toast with marmite 300

L. Carrot & corriander soup
1 bread 250
Banana 120
Haribo's 100

D chicken, veg & potato
& gravy 500

1270 some healthy snacks for later.

Really upped my water intake which has made an improvement with my health and weightloss.

Hi all :)

Rains been battering down here too, came in from college earlier and my trousers were soaked! My meals for today will be:

B: Rice krispies
L: French toast (made with 1.5 eggs, my sis had the other 1.5, lol) two slices of white bread (at 90 cals each) and 5 sprays of 1 cal spray. Then I had a pack of Golden Lights and a Tesco LC lemon drizzle sponge thing.
D: WW Shepherd's pie and steamed veg

I'm in the mood for comfort food today, think it's a mix of the weather and having my totm.

MMMMMM, french toast! I may have to make a slight adjustment to my egg/bread combo tomorrow morning. :)

We've strangely had sunshine pretty much all day here in the 'pool - a watery wintery sunshine, whilst surrounded by ominous big black clouds on all sides. I am sure the heavens will open at exactly 5.02pm when I go out for my bike ride home...

hey hope everyone is okay? isnt christmas getting close
i had some good news today i have an interview next week so that will ease up some pressure getting more money coming in, its only temporary work but hopefull if i work hard enough they might keep me on yay!

my food today.

B: satsuma
L: L/C melba toast with low fat butter
D: spaghetti on toast, L/C garlic bread

Snacks: apple, 25g pringles, skinny cow hot choc.

Well in typical fashion, something has come up this week...!
The fella's car has now broken, so Im on taxi duty this week, and staying at his. As you all know, I kinda struggle when I'm at his, on the grounds that he has full fat bread, full fat milk...etc etc etc.
He has agreed that I can do the food shopping tonight though, so we have the right stuff in for me :) What a sweetheart :D

Today has been Nimble toast, and a Go Ahead crunchy chocolate berry bar thing - that's 185 altogether.

Lasagne for lunch, a WW one. I think it's 274?

And I'm not sure what for tea... Mince n tatties I think so about 500 for that.

That's the basics, I will have some snacks a-top of that.

Need to get me some fruit in that..!

Ooh, good luck with that, Jen - it's always much much harder when you're away from your own kitchen.

Waah, Tesco Diets have dropped my daily target from 1300 to 1200 without so much as a by-your-leave - or even notifying me, strangely, I just happened to notice it. I guess it's because my BMR is dropping as I lose weight (and isn't it scary how quickly your BMR drops?!). I'll give it a go sticking to 1200 for a week or so, but might go a bit higher on a couple of days. I should introduce more fruit & veg and eat less bread & potatoes I guess, but tbh I'm happier to up the exercise than lower the food...

b - scrambled egg on toast (completely forgot about the french toast idea) - 230
l - chicken pesto mayo roll, salad, apple, yoghurt - 405
d - baked cod with McCain sweet potato wedges & steamed veggies - 315
sn - rice cakes - 145
=1095

That leaves 105 for something or other, might have some extra sweet potato wedges with dinner.

i just did my bmr for my weight now, i am on track with 1500 cals a day, thats with doing no excercise, but i do some excercise now, so i am confused, what do i do with the cals that i am burning? say i eat 1500 and burn 400, thats only 1100 going in? oh i am soooo confused?? lol

In the end I had WW chicken Soup for lunch, and 2 slices of nimble - 200
Just had some microchips and a bit of chicken curry... that was 458 altogether.

Total for the day - 853

Bacon sarnie for supper .. :)

i just did my bmr for my weight now, i am on track with 1500 cals a day, thats with doing no excercise, but i do some excercise now, so i am confused, what do i do with the cals that i am burning? say i eat 1500 and burn 400, thats only 1100 going in? oh i am soooo confused?? lol

LOL it is confusing, when I first started CCing I found in order to clarify it in my mind it helped if I put it all down in a spreadsheet. I have one column for 'calories in' and one for 'calories out'. My BMR goes in 'calories out', plus any exercise I do in the day which I bother to work out the calories for. Obviously there will also be some general moving about which will burn calories but those don't get counted.

Then I subtract the sum of the 'calories out' column from the sum of the 'calories in' column to give my calorie loss for the day (or not as the case may be...), and then add up each week's loss. This has now become The World's Geekiest Spreadsheet - colours, fonts. :eek: Oh well, it was very helpful in the first few weeks and I'm sort of addicted to it now.

I've read that 1lb of fat is equal to about 700 calories, so if over a week you burn 1400 more calories than you consume (BMR-burn included) then you should lose 2lbs. Most weeks I burn way more than 1400 and I've noticed the figures don't exactly add up (like in weeks where I've burned over 5000 more calories than consumed I haven't lost 7lbs!!!), but hey, as long as I'm losing I'm not complaining.

Argh I've probably just made it a lot more complicated! :D

lol thanks for the explanation, i understand it a bit more i think lol its a difficult thing to get your head round though isnt it.

My food for today

B: porridge, plum
L: beef broth soup, wholemeal roll
D: chicken salad, (diced chicken, spinach, lettuce, cucumber, pumpkin seeds), L/C garlic bread.
Supper: L/C melba toast with low fat butter
Snacks: banana, skinny cow hot choc.

I have done some yoga today, and a bellydance workout lol was interesting, and hard work.

OMG - my Tesco Diets WI this morning and I am 10st 13.6lbs!!! LOL only 0.4lbs under 11st but that 0.4lbs makes SO much difference! *dances around*

I was planning to have a few drinkies tonight but I think i'll nix that or at least just stick to one or two, VERY strictly counted into my allowance. Not least because if I go over that I tend to get the munchies and my will power disappears and I eat everything in sight! But this is great motivation, no way do I want to go back up even 0.4lbs. :D

b - scrambled egg on toast - 230
l - chicken salad roll, salad, yoghurt, apple - 405
d - mince & potato with veggies & slice of bread - 295

That leaves 270 for a couple of drinks and some munchies tonight.

Well done Lady M!

Meals for today:

B: 2 slices toast and triangle of laughing cow
L: BBQ chicken salad, pot of low fat custard
D: chicken balti with pilau rice - from tesco

That's 996 cals all in.

Breakfast was poached eggs and toast

Snack was a go-ahead bar

Lunch will be 2xNimble slices and chicken & barley broth, despite how tempting it is to go to the shop and get a big fat sandwich, with crisps, chocolate and the works, because work is being a complete b1tch today and quite frankly I've had enough!

Tea tonight, I requested bangers n mash since its bonfire night and I want good ol' british stodge, and the fella said "no I'm doing teriyaki beef". So I'm having beans on toast. :)

Total 1013. That seems pretty high but thats due to having proper bread at breakfast and tea instead of nimble. So thats already nearly 200 more than I would normally have.

And the day I have had, I am having some of the fellas birthday cake tonight. Hell Yes.

Changed my mind about dinner, want to keep my Indian food for tomorrow, seeing as it's a friday :D

Having Spanish Chicken and rice tonight instead. Daily total will be 900. Plenty for a few snacks.

B: 2 nimble toast with low fat butter
L: beef broth, 2 small wholemeal rolls
D: minced beef and onion hot pot (made by myself as an alternative to cottage pie as it has fewer cals)

Supper: Wholemeal toast with low fat butter

Snacks: satsuma, 25g pringles, ww cake bar.

i lost 3lbs this week, and i have upped my water intake to 3 litres most days.

Will be doing some boxercise later on.

going to be honest scoffed loads

B . Banana 100
3 whole meal toast with
butter & jam 600

L. Whole bag of nuts, 800

D sausage, mash veg, big gravy boat sailed in 500

aound about 2000 think i may sts in the morning if i am lucky.:eek:

Hi all, hope you're all good! Well done on your loss assj, woop!

I've been pretty good, although this week was totm, which meant only a little loss...hoping next week will make up for it though!

Meals for today will be:

B: Scrambled egg and toast, green tea
L: WW tomato soup followed by 3 rice cakes with philly extra light and a babybel
D: My Tesco Indian "takeaway". Decided to keep it for a Friday night. Chicken balti and pilau rice. And, by the way, the balti is only 170 calories for half the pack!

So, that little lot comes to 1083 calories. I'm off to the supermarket after breakfast (having a lazy morning seeing as I'm off college!) to buy some more fruit and maybe some salad veg. So tonight I'll probably snack on berries, and maybe some natural yogurt.

Back