• Cakes and biscuits (except SW ones)
  • Sweets (except the odd mint)
  • Cooking in oil
  • Butter and marg
  • Pizza
  • Take-aways
  • Restaurant/pub puddings
That's all that I can think of for now.
I know I can have and syn them or use them as Hexs but I have chosen to give them up as having a little for me is not enough! I have to have lots and then I crash! I think that was perhaps my downfall previously on SW.
The only thing I have had on the lists is 2 chocolates about 3 months ago and did not enjoy them.
I can honestly say that I miss none of the above and won't be eating them again, if I can help it.

Wow. You have a huge amount of willpower to give up alllll that! I agree that it's hard to just have a little bit, but I think if I told myself I wasn't going to have it, I would crave it so much more. If I tell myself I can have it, but smaller portions, I don't think i'll mess up.

To answer your question, the only thing I feel like I've given up is white bread. The one thing I miss terribly is thick white bread lightly toasted with loads of butter melted on top. YUM!

my daily packets of crisps and the chocolate i used to scoff - i have a weekly fix now after weigh in as a treat and to keep me sane!

sounds daft, but if i deny myself stuff i go mad - so its like, each week i have something 'not synned' and then the rest of the time have smaller portions - but syn it! xxx

Pringles! I eat everything else in moderation but it's all or nothing with these!
Oh and butter/sunflower spread & fruit juice.
I don't eat much bread or cereal.

pizza and butter......:cry:
But almost one stone off so it's worth it!

I haven't puposely given anything up because I'm trying to train myself to handle things like crisps and chocolate in a more 'normal 'way.
If I tried to give them up completely, I'd never learn to control them.

On a more positive note:

• I've given up putting myself down as there are plenty of people out there willing to do the job for me
  • I've stopped doubting myself and I'm believing I'm a failure
  • I've given up believing that I'm worthless and not deserving of respect

a huge family size bag of sensations or kettle chips with nacho cheese dip or full fat humous for a friday night cant keep them in the house anymore at all my daughter is devastated and peanut m&m's and a tube of pringles once you start you definatly cant stop lol

nothin, for me thats what makes SW better than any other diet. If i really want something then i will syn it or try to adjust it to a more SW friendly way. If i start banning things then its all i can think about and end up on a crazy binge lol. Knowing i can have my little chocolate bar at the end of the night, or a take away at the weekend keeps me going.

Sex, can only concentrate on one thing at a time lol.

I've given up

cooking with oil
using butter on sandwiches etc
full fat cheese
tinned soup (home made are so much nicer)
Jars of cooking sauces and definately curry ones for ever!

Thats about it, not given up chocolate or cakes etc, because I know I can have them if I want to just everything in moderation. It's not a lot when you look at the list is it to sacrifice. Thank heavens for SW peeps. xx

On a more positive note:

• I've given up putting myself down as there are plenty of people out there willing to do the job for me
  • I've stopped doubting myself and I'm believing I'm a failure
  • I've given up believing that I'm worthless and not deserving of respect

Well done! That is brilliant... and a real achievement.

I have never had any real negative feelings about myself. I do not like being overweight but I have never felt worthless in any way.

Eternity is correct, and that is the best way. I am a little bit like an alcoholic with the foods I mentioned. I am fine without but I have one and I am off course!
It took no willpower at all to give them up.
It is a huge desire. The desire to be slim, for me, way exceeds the desire for any food.
I have not tried to have just a little since I made the decision to stop. Maybe I'll be ok. So far, I am not going to test it , as I really don't want to but if there is an occasion where I have no choice or if it may appear rude of me not to accept something, I'll do it, count it and have confidence that I won't go crazy!

I've only been doing sw for 3 weeks but so far I haven't had any crisps which I used to eat daily. I don't really miss them either but if I ever do really fancy some I will allow myself to have a packet. That is the main one for me. I still have chocolate, booze, chinese take away, but in moderation. I agree with eternity about learning to have things in moderation, that way hopefully I will be able to continue eating healthily forever and not just while I'm on a diet.

Fish and Chips! I go to the gym on Saturday morning and afterwards get to the shops just as the chippy opens and the smells waft out. I used to dive in there - not every week, but quite often.

I resisted for weeks and weeks, then gave in one Saturday. And really didn't enjoy them that much. So I am not tempted when I walk past there any more.

I could never give up bread, but I am having WW wholemeal, which I have decided is the nicest of the different HEXB breads I have tried. Very occasionally I have butter - I would rather have it and count the syns than have any kind of low-fat spread, which I really hate. I bought some really good quality butter and cut it into small squares and put it in the freezer - keeps for ages in there.

I sometimes have crisps, but only buy a small bag as whatever size I get I eat it all!

I still have chocolate, but not as much as I used to, and better quality.

I make my own soups now, instead of buying Covent Garden or Waitrose ones.

But the best thing I have given up is commuting to work! Since I retired, I realise how much temptation is pushed our way at stations and sandwich shops. I once counted the number of places you could get something to eat at Paddington station and it came to over 20!

i wouldnt say ive "given up" anything as in decided im not eating it anymore, but i dont buy half the things i used to buy, just beause i cant be arsed to work out the million syns for a little nibble- so not worth it. things like white bagels stuffed with brie..why even have it in the cupboard....

Like others have said, I haven't really given anything up. I definitely don't eat as freely as I did before sw because the thought of getting on the scales is always at the back of mind. I am perhaps more aware of healthier optons now, which can only be a positive thing :)

Cook in sauces. Since strating SW i have discovered i can cook! And it tastes way better than the jars ever did, other than that nothing really. If i want it i have it and syn it, but i have noticed that now im full after meals i dont really want have a pack of hobnobs or a bag or twelve of crisps.

I don't like to think of it as giving something up, or quitting it. It sounds so negative to me, and this is the most positive thing I have EVER done!

There are certainly some foods I have chosen not to have, or to have only a little of, but tbh they are mainly the foods which got me into this state in the first place so I don't miss them at all.

If there is something I particularly want, I will have it. That is what sets SW aside from any other diet. You literally can have what you like. With careful planning, and moderation, nothing is out of reach.

Slabs of white crusty bread with lots of spread. Well, white bread and spread in general. I don't really feel like I've given it up. I'm just stingy about syns and prefer to spend them on chocolate than bread when I could have a nice big free bowl of pasta :L

Back