• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What have you tried New to eat this week?

iaimtobethin

Silver Member
S: 16st11lb C: 16st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 37.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Just thought it might be a good idea to share anything new we have eaten this week. Guess i am stuck in a rut at mthe mo and have been trying a couple of new things this past week. It could be something that someone else wouldnt have thought of. Mine were:-

Quorn Peppered Steak - Didnt like it much but covered in smash and beans it was fine.

Melon - Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum

x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Krsemma

S: 14st1.0lb C: 13st8.0lb G: 11st0.0lb BMI: 35.9 Loss: 0st7lb(3.55%)
Quorn sausage.....GROSS!!!!

Mullerlight Vanilla and Chocolate Sprinkes yogurt......yummy! (normally hate yogurt so very proud of myself!)

pesty

Fighting the bulge
S: 13st13.5lb C: 13st2.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 31.7 Loss: 0st11lb(5.63%)
Plums :) they are really really nice!!! I got them as the co-op had them half price for a pack of 8 (£1) and ive since been back and bought more!!

Also butternut Squash - unsure about this one, i had it roasted but will try it again

xx

Woodsylou

Silver Member
S: 13st6.5lb C: 13st6.5lb G: 9st11lb BMI: 32.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
great thread!

i made some SW chicken skewers with poatoe wedges and they were ace!

i would like to try fennel this week!

peachy7

Silver Member
S: 13st5lb C: 12st13lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 33.1 Loss: 0st6lb(3.21%)
I made sweet potato wedges, they were lovely, had them with minted lamb burgera and baked beans

CamilleBates

Alomst there :)
S: 12st2lb C: 9st2lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23.4 Loss: 3st0lb(24.71%)
Coco Rocks cereal bar! Yum, yum!! Only draw back is that I've had my second one already today.... I only had 16 syns left for the week.... Now I only have 8 to last... Ooops!

philly_x

S: 16st1lb C: 15st12lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 33.8 Loss: 0st3lb(1.33%)
I havent really tried anything new unless a new flavour of low fat supernoodles counts! =s

and I agree that quorn sausages are gross!! x

BNS is so nice! I slice it into circles (roast with skin on to prevent shrinking), and season with either salt and pepper, or cajun seasoning! cook for at least half an hour! yum!! xx

iaimtobethin

Silver Member
S: 16st11lb C: 16st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 37.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I dont like quorn either - hate is a more accurate word but thought i would give it a go. Covered in smash and beans u can hardly taste !

pesty

Fighting the bulge
S: 13st13.5lb C: 13st2.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 31.7 Loss: 0st11lb(5.63%)
Thanks for the tip, i just peeled it and cut it up with no seasoning or anything - maybe i'll try leaving the skin on!

xx

Woodsylou

Silver Member
S: 13st6.5lb C: 13st6.5lb G: 9st11lb BMI: 32.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I tried fennel, and quite enjoyed it!
how did you have it? what with? did you buy it fresh? i have no idea where to start! is it aneceade-y (i think that's spelt wrong!)

philly_x

Thanks for the tip, i just peeled it and cut it up with no seasoning or anything - maybe i'll try leaving the skin on!

xx
oh yeh it definitely needs seasoning! Treat it like potato! I slice it into discs to roast, but when I get to the end that doesnt really work and it comes out in odd shapes lol. I leave the skin on so it doesnt shrink but the skin isnt very nice. Apparently its ok to eat but I dont try lol. Adding paprika to the seasoning is really nice 2, I forgot to mention that earlier!

oh and spray with fry light! x

S: 16st9lb C: 11st0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 24.9 Loss: 5st9lb(33.91%)
Melon-I heard its good for weight loss? but its nice anyway!!

julie19

Silver Member
G: 10st0lb
Laughing Cow Deli-Light Blue Cheeses - YUCK!! They tasted like feet to me but then I can't stand blue cheese normally so god knows why I bought them!

julie19

Silver Member
G: 10st0lb
great thread!

i made some SW chicken skewers with poatoe wedges and they were ace!

i would like to try fennel this week!
What do you DO with fennel though? I grow it in my garden, it is dead pretty but I have never eaten it because I don't know what to do with it...:confused:

philly_x

Laughing Cow Deli-Light Blue Cheeses - YUCK!! They tasted like feet to me but then I can't stand blue cheese normally so god knows why I bought them!

hahahahaha!!! That does sound awful. I might try the onion ones of those but I have a feeling they would be really strong! x

S: 14st13lb C: 14st13lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
i tried pataks tikka masala paste rather than having a takeaway..

and cauliflower cheese! sw friendly of course x

i tried slow cooker chicken thighs - didnt like them much, which isnt great news as i have some cooked up for dinner too!!! eeek! might cook something different instead! x